View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 (( AAL Index )) [6.10.2008] 

Post Re: (( AAL Index )) [7.3.2008]
I remember people asking how to make a gun that shoots a pod into the air then releases homing rockets upon enemy contact. I figure if you make a gun shoot an actor that fires upon seeing an enemy then gibs when it fires releasing X number of homing missles it should work. More or less this is a homing pod that gibs homing missles.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:17 am
Profile WWW

I h8 homing missiles. Infact, im about to convert the AAL homer into a single direction bazooka. And the mpam wont have homing missiles either.

On the other news: AAL Marine is at 80% complete. AAL Harvester is 100% complete.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:41 am

Eh, we all know what you are going to do with the prototype weapons. Shove em into the mod and hide em like always. And I for one can't wait.

And AAL Harvester? Ohh......

Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:09 am

Thank you, homing missles have gotten old for me as well, what is this harvester you speakith of my og loc dawg?

numgun wrote:
I h8 homing missiles. Infact, im about to convert the AAL homer into a single direction bazooka. And the mpam wont have homing missiles either.

On the other news: AAL Marine is at 80% complete. AAL Harvester is 100% complete.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

Thanatos wrote:
Eh, we all know what you are going to do with the prototype weapons. Shove em into the mod and hide em like always. And I for one can't wait.

And AAL Harvester? Ohh......

Yeah, im gonna have them there. But im not gonna make them active at all. I will leave the remains of the prototype weapons, but they will be unusable unless you mod to make them work.

Also I just completed the Bazooka, Its called the Streaker RL and it packs a nice a punch. Im trying to make it effective against Darklone heavies. And AAL EX-Rifle was completed too. Its a powerful hyper-sniper rifle using positron particles to obliterate any small targets like infantry in a single shot. It can kill a DarKlone heavy in one shot but it takes several shots to kill a DS or a Rocket.

Btw teaser: StarCraft 2 anyone?

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Release something soon.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:55 pm

numgun wrote:

O_O...
My eyes... burn... with joy :3

Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:34 pm

Post Re: (( AAL Index )) [8.4.2008]
Well now this has been bumped by me, let's discuss.
Novastaar is awesome.

Might've been smarter to bump this.

Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Post Re: (( AAL Index )) [8.4.2008]
So I've been thinking about the GA-08 Vector Cannon for the MPAM. Its a large energy-based weapon about the size of MPAMs other huge shoulder cannon, the VHSC.

Heres how it looks like:
--------------------------
--------------------------

Now ok, so its e-based and its a large and VERY powerful weapon... but what the hell does it fire?

An ypsilon styled beam?
A devastating ion burst?
A multiphase energy explosion?
A frikkin large laser?
Something else?

Please suggest and post some ideas on it. And make those ideas as creative as possible with possibilities how'd I make the shot really advanced in its functions.

Even if you dont know ♥♥♥♥ about CC code, just throw an idea and I'll evaluate it. Might turn out awesome!

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Post Re: (( AAL Index )) [7.6.2008]
Make it fire a quantum LAZ0R that starts an insane quantum-esque chainreaction,
which makes multiple smaller explosions with incrementally increasing size, and lastly
explodes in a huge mothaf***in' supernova or something... A bit like the Leviathans
cannon in Unreal Tournament 2004, just with lots smaller (But increasingly bigger) explosions
before the final boom that vaporizes anything and everything caught within its radius.
Or make it fire a beam of positrons, would be cool as well. Or a ball of them.
The possibilities, they're endless.

Edit: I also have some sort of idea on how to make several explosions appear at random
distances from the epicenter... Tell me if you want to know more.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

The front looks a bit thin, so maybe it fires a single bullet that emits more bullets? Not a super chain reaction with the other bullets spawning more bullets, but just that one spawning more.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:24 pm

A frikkin large ypsilon styled laser beam.
Now, that's be cool.
Rapid Fire also, can kill MPAMS in 1 shot.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:03 am

The only thing I can really think of is that it has a charge up period like your spartan laser. After that, maybe a fast moving round. Like a photon torpedo from star trek; a solid round that gets charged up.

Way I imagine this working is, the gun itself produces a large amount of energy (using a compact nuclear reactor similar to ones that power satellites), and the round acts like a capacitor. The round could be a slug of depleted uranium that gets superheated to the point of reaching critical mass. Fire the superheated round at a high speed, and it'll explode in a very hot and heavy explosion. (How much of this is scientifically accurate? I don't know!)

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Devastating Ion Blast, please.
With a funky irregular shaped explosion.

The explosion starts after it blasts out splitting beams, EXACTLY like the Ex-Rifle lasers, and ensues hell.
Then explodes, as a devastating explosion!

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:15 am

I'm now actually pretty curious as if one of my weapons can pierce the aegis shield system on the Novastar.

The GA-08's barrel seems to imply that its a sniper cannon, its not much of a big beam blast then. I'm seeing it as another version of the spartan laser cannon, but it has (way) more range and the visible damage is instantaneous. Hmmmm, try doing this: Heat damage, after the main shot is fired there is heated air where the beam was no? Ok, anyone that dodged the beam but jumped up will be cooked by the heated air that is still there, anyone close to it will recieve a slight amount of damage, however the effect is short.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next