View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Necrons (Group WIP) 

Post Necrons (Group WIP)
Hay guise i hurd u liek necrones?

But seriously, This thread is to organize a few people to work on our necron group project. If your not actually working on it, Please only post if your asking or answering a question for the mod.

Okay I have encountered a problem. I figured, the necron weapons should push actors pretty hard, So i've based the code off of the revolver cannon, and its working, But as I said I have a problem.

I'm trying to make this gun shoot BOTH MOSRs AND MOPixels.

This way it can kill doors. I plan to make the MOPixels do the damage, and that the MOSR is just for glow effects, and 'finishing the job'. currently I have this.

Code:
AddAmmo = Round
   PresetName = Guass Sharp
   ParticleCount = 1
   Particle = MOPixel
      PresetName = Necron Glow Sharp
      Mass = 0.1
      Sharpness = 20
      GlobalAccScalar = 0
      AirResistance = 0.4
      RestThreshold = 500
      HitsMOs = 1
      GetsHitByMOs = 0
      Color = Color
         R = 0
         G = 150
         B = 0
      Atom = Atom
         Material = Material
            CopyOf = Wet Concrete
         TrailColor = Color
            R = 0
            G = 150
            B = 0
         TrailLength = 0
      ScreenEffect = ContentFile
         FilePath = Necron.rte/Phase Glow/Mako.bmp
      EffectStartTime = 0
      EffectStopTime = 1500
      EffectStartStrength = 1
      EffectStopStrength = 1
      EffectAlwaysShows = 1
   Shell = None
   FireVelocity = 110
   ShellVelocity = 0
   Separation = 8

I don't remember how to start an MOPixel And give it velocity.

Code:
AddAmmo = AEmitter
   PresetName = Guass Rifle Recoil Skip
   Mass = 0.1
   OrientToVel = 1
   HitsMOs = 0
   GetsHitByMOs = 0
   SpriteFile = ContentFile
      FilePath = Base.rte/Null.bmp
   LifeTime = 1
   FrameCount = 1
   SpriteOffset = Vector
      X = 0
      Y = 0
   EntryWound = AEmitter
      CopyOf = Dent Metal
   ExitWound = AEmitter
      CopyOf = Dent Metal
   AtomGroup = AtomGroup
      AutoGenerate = 1
      Material = Material
         CopyOf = Military Stuff
      Resolution = 2
      Depth = 0
   DeepGroup = AtomGroup
      AutoGenerate = 1
      Material = Material
         CopyOf = Military Stuff
      Resolution = 4
      Depth = 1
   DeepCheck = 1
   AddEmission = Emission
      EmittedParticle = MOPixel
         CopyOf = Necron Glow Sharp
      ParticlesPerMinute = 0
      BurstSize = 6
      Spread = 0.0
      MaxVelocity = 110
      MinVelocity = 110
      PushesEmitter = 0
   AddEmission = Emission
      EmittedParticle = AEmitter
         CopyOf = Guass Riffle Mass
      ParticlesPerMinute = 0
      BurstSize = 1
      Spread = 0.0
      MaxVelocity = 100
      MinVelocity = 100
      PushesEmitter = 0
   EmissionEnabled = 1
   EmissionsIgnoreThis = 0
   BurstTriggered = 1

So i made a round (MOPixel) then copied the MOPixel IN the round, Into the Actual round for the guass rifle. The problem is, Regardless how much I tweak the velocities, the Pixels trail behind with a velocity of like... 10.... And yes, the Guass Rifle Mass is an MOSR with GetsHitMos = 0, So they aren't shooting the block and then slowing down.

Now here's my dillema. If I set it to have a tracer round for half of this, I'd have to have it on a REALLY FAST auto-fire. Which means for how I want this to work, I'd need a 2 Ammo clip, and a long re-load time. The problem is, I've come up with a custom re-load using the magazine as that glow on the necron weapons, so that when you re-load, it turns into a cloud of glowing green pixels.

Until I get a solution I will be playing Advance wars, or dark crusade, checking here either every 5 turns, Or every map. If I don't get a solution in the next day, I'm dropping the MOPixel + MOSRotating combo ammo idea, and moving on. (By next day I mean this time tomorrow. Which means Either Help me, or I won't wont be able to work till tomorrow. I'm trying to give everyone time, since... Um... 411570N3 lives in austrailia, and I'm in ohio, so HUGE time gap. I'm not sure about everyone else)

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Necrons (Group WIP)
Horay! Another Warhammer 40k mod!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Horay! Another Warhammer 40k mod!

Yeah... Did you wanna help?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I'll help out, I'm only good at spriting and even then I'm rather nooby compared to a lot of other people in this forum. I'll give it a go any way.

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:

I hrd u lik ta mudkips...

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Metal_militia wrote:
I'll help out, I'm only good at spriting and even then I'm rather nooby compared to a lot of other people in this forum. I'll give it a go any way.

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:

I hrd u lik ta mudkips...

cool, Which would you prefer to sprite, Actors or weapons? Also, try to make them as true to the minatures as you can, You can check GamesWorkshops site, forgeworlds site, and google it. At least, Until I find my necron codex (yeah... I have 2.5 tau armies, a small necron army, and my roommate has Grey knights, Regular marines, and guard..... thats just between the 2 of us too, and eventually in like the next 5 years, I plan on adding Daemons of chaos, and improve the rest, but right now... ick... money...) Once I find my necron codex, I can get detailed scans of all the weapons, also as soon as I FIND them, I can take some high-rez photos of some crons, but untill then look it up, and keep in mind, Crons are gauntly little buggers. WEAKEST ANKLE-JOINTS IN ALL OF 40K!!!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW

lol I have a 1000pt necron army that I haven't used in ages, got the codex as well. Any way I'll do what evers needed more, so probably a nercon warrior based on one of the robots.

Your gonna have to leave some bits out though, like the I'll be back thing as I don't think you can code like a 30% chance of the actor coming alive. Also the rule were if 75% of your force is killed the rest die instantly is gonna have to be left out as well

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Metal_militia wrote:
lol I have a 1000pt necron army that I haven't used in ages, got the codex as well. Any way I'll do what evers needed more, so probably a nercon warrior based on one of the robots.

Your gonna have to leave some bits out though, like the I'll be back thing as I don't think you can code like a 30% chance of the actor coming alive. Also the rule were if 75% of your force is killed the rest die instantly is gonna have to be left out as well

I knew that, we ARE leaving out we'll be back, Not because of it's difficulty, but because its over-powered.

If we made a custom scene, with lua, we could check to see if the death-count is > than 2/3 the bought units, and only allow necrons, and if the death-count is higher, Gib everything for that player. But we're not doing THAT because... well, there's no real reason to, and I don't think we can actually limit whats in the buy menu. If someone else wants to make a lua scene, Make it a seprate RTE.

As for We'll be back, That's easy to do, but won't be done, because its overpowered.

Just add a finished necron warrior, with a guass rifle in its inventory, AS A GIB for itself, so if you gib the necron, it would make a new one, assuming it survives being surrounded by all the other parts.

But we're not doing that because its imbalanced.

For now, just use the genaric black-metal with green and gold colors., we have like 20 some blacks and greys in the CC Pallet, it shouldn't be hard, But for the sake of loss of color when putting the sprite into pallet, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Make the sprite IN PALLET, use either photoshop, gimp, or sai-paint or something like that, TO turn the CC-Pallet into a color pallet.color picker so that you ONLY use pallet colors, so there's no loss of detail.

Now, I'm gonna kill some time by starting some random thread thats semi-usefull to non-CC things in General discussion or something, to kill time, and If I haven't gotten any help with my ammo problem i'll probably either watch a movie, play a game, or start the guass flayer, and have 2 un-finished weapons in one RTE.... T_T I hate not finishing 1 object before I start the next....

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Everyone says they are an unfair race because of the we'll be back rule but miss the phase out rule, the fact the basic warrior is expensive and hits last against everything in close combat and the fact that everything else is in other slots (elites, heavy support etc)

anyway I'll start work on the warrior in a bit, whats this talk about pallet? is it just the colours the game uses or what?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Metal_militia wrote:
Everyone says they are an unfair race because of the we'll be back rule but miss the phase out rule, the fact the basic warrior is expensive and hits last against everything in close combat and the fact that everything else is in other slots (elites, heavy support etc)

anyway I'll start work on the warrior in a bit, whats this talk about pallet? is it just the colours the game uses or what?

Okay, Important stuff first.

Base.rte/pallet.bmp That just is a block of coloured pixels. 256 to be exact. Each pixel is a different colour, and these are the ONLY colours that CC Uses for sprites, Oddly enough, Glows are still 32-bit, I plan on making use of that to make 32-bit fake-sprites, for the Guass flayer.

So In other words, copy Pallet.bmp, paste it to another folder, Double the width of the image, and just use all those colors as a color-picker, then just re-size the pic so that you just have the sprite. Also, If your only using 20 of those 256, Only copy those 20 colors, so you don't have such a jumbled mess.

Things like photoshop however, Can say "hey this image is in a modified 256 colors" and then let you go "create pallet from image" and it will make a 256 color pallet as its own file, that you can then load, and it will only ever use those colors. Sort of like when you convert a 32 bit png to a JPG, it looses most of the colors, and detail...

I have a book on digital art and photography, it has almost 100 pages of nothing but image formats, color loss, indexed color, and lossless formats, and why it does what, and how it all works and why, and how to maximize the quality of your image when you reduce the quality.

Now as for necrons, Yes, Most players ignore the phase out, but here's the thing.

We'll be back, AND a 3+ save, does not balance with the phase out rule.

If they had a 4+ or a 5+ save, we'll be back, and phase out, With 'we'll be back' on a 5 or 6, THEN I'd say its more balanced, and acceptable.

Untill then I refuse to play against them, unless I'm aloud to use Forge-world modela, and ALL of the chapter approved/imperial Armour that exists. And even then it's only fun unless its a +2000 point game for me... What's the point of owning 6 broadsides and 3 squads of Sniper-drones if I don't get to field them? I bought those SPECIFICLY for fighting Necrons and taking out land-raiders.

I only really have a necron army because I had like 2 squads because they looked cool, and a friend of ours quit 40K because he hates the way it plays, and gave me all his crons... XD Friggen upper-middle-class, they have NO regard for money.

-Edit-
Oh yeah, 4+ save, We'll be back, on 5 or 6, and phase out at 35%. Then I'd be happy.
Or 5+ save, We'll be back on a 5 or 6, and phase out at 20%. I'd also be happy.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW

...conversation between me and my brother:
me:hey have you seen my codex?
bro:aren't they in your room?
me:yer, usually but it's not there
bro:what one you looking for?
me:necrons, seen it resently?
bro:err...I sold it
me:...what?
bro:and the army to
me: you...(think about a page of **** and you'll be close)

He sold it for a phone, the fudging swien

I'm off to install cossacks 2 and let the anger flow away before I try anything else, to pissed

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Good job so far. On the table I hate the Necron because they're completely character-less and boring to play against. With Cortex Command, though, things should be a lot more fun.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Metal_militia wrote:

I'm off to install cossacks 2 and let the anger flow away before I try anything else, to pissed

Your brother, sold YOUR codex and army? He should die. Those armies can get expensive REALLY fast. I am seriously sorry dude. that... That sucks....

Hamburgler wrote:
Good job so far. On the table I hate the Necron because they're completely character-less and boring to play against. With Cortex Command, though, things should be a lot more fun.

Well yeah, This and dawn of war are about the only times there tolerable.

And do you know what the scariest part is? There are rules to replace your Elite, Fast attack, Heavy, 2nd HQ, and troops, for any other squad type. There's an ork army thats minimum HQ + 2 Fast attack.

If you do that with crons, 1 Lord and 13 squads of necron warriors. As long as your not against the imperium, chaos marines, or more necrons, This army will wipe out ANY other army, Just by marching forward while shooting. will kill fire-warriors, Broad-sides, Hammer-heads, Carnifex, Blood-thirster, ANY eldar. Lets see the crons phase out, if they have EVERY squad-type as troops > warriors, and maxed.

I had someone do that to me once. Small play-area, 1 cron per square inch, I used a sub-munition (S6 AP3 blast, Ordinance) I miss, Rolled scatter, Still landed covering a PILE of crons, killed 2/3s of what was under the blast, then ALL BUT ONE OF THEM MADE THERE WE'LL BE BACK ROLL!!!

That was a blood-bath. If They had a 4+ save instead, I could at least do cecently with a flamer, and I would actually have a reason to use my fire-warriors AT ALL. I'd rather play against an army of tyranids with DOUBLE my army's point-value, than ever fight crons like that again. I'd at least have a chance to do more than 1/10th my points-worth of damage.

I'd rather try to take-out a Warhound titan with only fast attack! (this can be done, Rail-rifles on path-finders, can hit the warhound from the side and rear, warhounds get 3 void-shields and like 4 structure points. 3 squads of pathfinders 4 rail-rifles each, can kill a warhound within 2 turns (wording on the void-shields state that all shots per squad hit the same shield, even if one of them destroys it)Not that they'd survive for the 2nd turn anyway)

Anyway I'm getting distracted.... I'm gonna check the threads again then probably go out for a little bit, get a polar-pop (we live across the street from a circle-K and a mall...)

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Okay, so I seriously have a problem.

My Guass Rifle does the following.

Create AEmiter
AEmiter Creates MOParticles, a new AEmiter, and destroys itself
The new AEmitter creates an MOSR.

The MOSR is GetsHitMOS = 0, and yet its apparently stopping the MOParticles.

I'm trying to make it Fire MOParticles, and a few pixels behind it, an MOSR.

I think If I could change the Offsets of where it emits the MOParticles, It would work....

can someone post an example of how to do that?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Metal_militia wrote:

(sorry miles I don't know NOTHING about coding but I've got to say this)

Option A. Catch his phone when he's asleep, sell it, and clorophorm since arrive to a tatoo shop.
Giant penis in the chest with the text "I love black d*c*s" and he will not go to the beach this year =)

Option B. Sleep him with 1 schoolbag, and some falconpunch's in the face... roll him in one rug
set it fire and meanwhile you say "now you gonna learn what you can touch and what you CAN'T touch"
and turn on the catapult with him like a comet.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:11 pm

NaXx wrote:
Metal_militia wrote:

(sorry miles I don't know NOTHING about coding but I've got to say this)

Option A. Catch his phone when he's asleep, sell it, and clorophorm since arrive to a tatoo shop.
Giant penis in the chest with the text "I love black d*c*s" and he will not go to the beach this year =)

Option B. Sleep him with 1 schoolbag, and some falconpunch's in the face... roll him in one rug
set it fire and meanwhile you say "now you gonna learn what you can touch and what you CAN'T touch"
and turn on the catapult with him like a comet.

Option C... A Repeat of part of Jackass 2. Get a branding Iron and Brand a cartoon penis on him. it would hurt like hell, AND be permanant.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next