View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Graphics problem 

Post Graphics problem
Well, hello. I bought CC recently, and have started to poke around with the graphics editing. I made a custom head, and the head goes transparent when I turn the head left. Will I have to go over it again with photoshop?

I'll post pics once I figure out how to take screenshots easily...

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Graphics problem
prntsc is how you take screens.

go into the game, reproduce the problem, press prntsc, go into your CC folder, and there should be a (screenshot#).bmp file.

post it.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 pm
happy carebear mom

8-Bit wrote:
head goes transparent when I turn the head left. Will I have to go over it again with photoshop?

This happens when your sprite is not in palette. You have to put it in palette, using one of the methods described in this thread. Easiest is to open up a base.rte sprite in paint and paste in your sprite over it, then save the result as your sprite.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
And also, always make your sprites face right in the image. Or they look backwards ingame. Unless you want that.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 pm

The wierd thing is that when I face right, it shows fine, but when it looks left, it is bugged.

Also, I don't know what set of buttons are Print Screen on a Mac laptop D:

I'm getting one of the Photoshop palettes right now.

Fri May 01, 2009 12:09 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

8-Bit wrote:
The wierd thing is that when I face right, it shows fine, but when it looks left, it is bugged.

Yup, palette problem.

Fri May 01, 2009 12:33 am

Duh102 wrote:
8-Bit wrote:

Yup, palette problem.

I updated the graphics with the palette colors, but the problem persists.

What happens is that the transparency goes negative and the rest of it gets black lines through it.

I can't get a screenshot. Stand by if you don't know what I'm talking about in the above sentences...

Fri May 01, 2009 12:48 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Macs present so much of a problem for palettes. Any mac user have a sure-fire way of putting sprites in palette? I can only recommend Gimp, but I heard people had trouble installing it or something.

If you can start it up, it's pretty easy to put a sprite in palette. You'll need this Gimp palette file and the location where Gimp stores its palettes on your computer. Place the palette file within that location, restart Gimp, and open up the sprite you want to put in palette.
Go to Image, Mode, Indexed (you may need to go to RGB if Photoshop put it in it's own palette already), and the radio button "Use Custom Palette". Click on the little gradient button below the name of the palette, and select the Cortex Command palette (should be the first at the top). Make sure the check box "Remove unused colors from colormap" is unchecked, then hit ok. Your colors might be modified a little as Gimp moves them to the closest color in the palette. Save it, then try it in Cortex again.

Fri May 01, 2009 1:04 am

I have GIMP installed and running. I just don't like how it has to open an X11 window every time it opens. Not very efficient...

I'll try, though...

EDIT: I fixed it! Photoshop has the same tool, and I used it, set the bit depth to 8, and it worked :D

This has been resolved. Thank you for your time.

Fri May 01, 2009 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]