View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Need help with my first mod. 

Post Need help with my first mod.
Hey guys! Well I've been looking at mods for the better part of a week and I've finally given into the urge to make my own.... The only problem is I have no clue where to start with some of the things I want to accomplish.
Here's what I have in mind. I want to make the Kull warrior from Stargate SG-1. Here's are some pics:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... arrior.png
http://nd01.jxs.cz/970/798/ac1430f16b_31000572_u.jpg
http://www.propstore.com/img/products/5 ... r_dvd3.jpg

Now I'll do the spiriting the purpose of those were to give those who didn't know what I was talking about a general idea.
I'm pretty good at trial an error when it comes to coding and if I have detailed questions I'll post them here. What I would like to know are the following:

How do you attach armor pieces to an actor?
Can you attach armor to the actors legs?
Can you attach armor to an actors arms?
How do you make those armor pieces indestructible? (They were in the TV show.)
How do you make armor pieces more difficult to knock off?
Can you attach a 'natural' weapon to an actor? (a weapon like the coalition Gatling turret only on the actors arm that only he can use. EG. If he dies the weapon is not dropped on the ground)
Example as to what I mean:
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images ... rgate_SG-1).jpg
How do you give an actor health regeneration?
Can I make an actor punch for melee damage?

The actor will be killable I'm just trying to make it to where it is VERY hard to do so. Only small portions of the actor will be exposed to weapons fire and even when you hit those ares it will most likely not kill him and he will regenerate (If its possible that is.)

An Stargate fans yes I know the black under-suit is also impervious to damage in the show, I'm just trying to make this actor killable.

Well thanks for any help you give me. :smile:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Need help with my first mod.
To answer your questions about armor, I'd suggest poking around in the files for the Coalition Heavy (Coalition.rte/Actors/Soldier/Soldier.ini) -- he has some armor on his chest, and it should be fairly easy to apply that code to other bits. That said, armor on arms can be a bit tricky depending on where it is: if you want to give him gauntlets, it may be a bit difficult.
Making armor hard to break is fairly simple. You'll need to increase the value of "GibImpulseLimit," which is how large an impulse will break it. If you want the armor to get bullet holes, but not break, make the value of "GibWoundLimit" very high in order to prevent it from breaking due to high number of holes. If not, you can just remove the armor's "EntryWound" and "ExitWound" code, which should make bullets ricochet right off.
As well, increase the "JointStrength," which is the impulse needed to detach the armor.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:13 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Need help with my first mod.
Thank you for the input, its very helpful. As for the locations of the armor I was thinking like wrist bracers where the weapons go, and maybe shin bracers. It all depends on if I can get it to work.

Oh, and as a little side note. The coalition heavy is the base template for this actor, so i was using his chest plate, I just have to re sprite it.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]