View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:22 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Badgers Federation, A WIP That needs ideas! 

Post Re: Badgers Federation, A WIP That needs ideas!
modern guns are not old like WW2 therefore it's "not original" to do what everyone else does by using WW2 era items.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:32 pm

What about modernized WW2 weapons?

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:53 pm
happy carebear mom

Neo-Kenpachi wrote:
modernized WW2

Because that makes so much sense :roll:

Sheesh, just make the damn ak47. Just don't expect people to give you props for the concepts. If your art or coding is good, you will get props for that.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Look, the USMC uses weapons they used in WW2 they just made it better.

Take note http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Marine_Corps_Designated_Marksman_Rifle

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:26 pm

WARNING GIANT RANT ABOUT HOW WEAPONS ARE GOOD LOL HERE WE GO: Of course. Many modern weapons are just refurbished designs of old ones; the M4 is based off the M16, which has been around for over 50 years, yet the M4 Carbine remains the primary armament of U.S. Army forces. Most people don't even realize how much it costs to make some advanced weapons; the military forces around the world have to take into consideration cost over effectiveness. Really, I think the general assumption is that they can use whatever weapons they want in the military, and that now everyone is parading around with those advanced prototypes you see in Future Weapons, picking off enemies five miles away with perfect accuracy from their new sniper rifles and magically winning the war.When it comes down to it, what do guns do? Hurl tiny bits of metal. That will never change. You can make it go faster, and you can make the bullets bigger, and you can incorporate a more aerodynamic design and throw in some kind of hollow-point, napalm filled, exploding shell that will instantly raep anything, in case Godzilla happens to drop by, but the point is there's not much to improve on. Bullets already fly half a kilometer from the average assault rifle with fair accuracy and a high rate of fire, it's not like they have to focus on new designs like they did in the 1800's and the early 1900's.

It's like weapon designers these days have a perfectionist complex mixed in with a severe case of OCD. "KRAP IF WE AD DIS PART 4 ONLY 30,000$ EXTRAZ DA BULLETZ FLIEZ 10MPH FASTAH" "Sir, that gun already fires bullets so effectively that it could mow down a bull elephant within five seconds. Considering we're just fighting humans with turbans over their heads and not giant man-eating alien forces, I don't really think it's neces-" "DOITDOITDOIT."

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:37 am
Banned

Neo-Kenpachi wrote:
Look, the USMC uses weapons they used in WW2 they just made it better.

Take note http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Marine_Corps_Designated_Marksman_Rifle

Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M14_rifle

Entered service in 1957. A little late to kill Jerries.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 am
Profile YIM
Loose Canon

ProjektTHOR wrote:
*THOR*

Potato, tomato

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

So I don't spend my time actually reading :???: ... Sorry. But this still makes the point that older weapons do get revamped into modern better weapons.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 pm
Banned

Neo-Kenpachi wrote:
So I don't spend my time actually reading :???: ... Sorry. But this still makes the point that older weapons do get revamped into modern better weapons.
How about you find me some more "points" that I can shoot down for you. I am two weeks out of practice, so I could use the skeet.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:19 am
Profile YIM

Hmm... Sorry I made a mistake, it was just a suggestion.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Yeah, I've been working on it more lately. Its going to have 2 Planned out factions inside of Federation, Those are German Military and Patriotic Civilians. The Civilians will be incredibly weak and easily affordable, whilst the Military will be more rugged and enduring. There are gas masks, balaclavas, and Helmets. things like balaclavas are Air material, Gas Masks are probably scrap metal, and helmets are just Metal. I've been working on a fighter jet that drops long range air missiles, has 1 mounted machine gun and Delivers cargo simultaneously. I've been working on a parachute crate but couldn't find a good enough parachute model, so i'm custom making it and its just going to fold over-top the crate then just gib. There's going to be a few custom bunker modules aswell. More ideas Please..

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:54 am

Update: I've just finished all the heads and torso models. If anyone can tell me about something i shouldn't do with something or something i definitely should do, like adding badger soldiers or something. Should i have more of a type of gun should i have tanks should i have custom crates, should i have a gun that shoots badgers that have babies that reproduce into more badgers.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:18 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
WARNING GIANT RANT ABOUT HOW WEAPONS ARE GOOD LOL HERE WE GO: Of course. Many modern weapons are just refurbished designs of old ones; the M4 is based off the M16, which has been around for over 50 years, yet the M4 Carbine remains the primary armament of U.S. Army forces. Most people don't even realize how much it costs to make some advanced weapons; the military forces around the world have to take into consideration cost over effectiveness. Really, I think the general assumption is that they can use whatever weapons they want in the military, and that now everyone is parading around with those advanced prototypes you see in Future Weapons, picking off enemies five miles away with perfect accuracy from their new sniper rifles and magically winning the war.When it comes down to it, what do guns do? Hurl tiny bits of metal. That will never change. You can make it go faster, and you can make the bullets bigger, and you can incorporate a more aerodynamic design and throw in some kind of hollow-point, napalm filled, exploding shell that will instantly raep anything, in case Godzilla happens to drop by, but the point is there's not much to improve on. Bullets already fly half a kilometer from the average assault rifle with fair accuracy and a high rate of fire, it's not like they have to focus on new designs like they did in the 1800's and the early 1900's.

It's like weapon designers these days have a perfectionist complex mixed in with a severe case of OCD. "KRAP IF WE AD DIS PART 4 ONLY 30,000$ EXTRAZ DA BULLETZ FLIEZ 10MPH FASTAH" "Sir, that gun already fires bullets so effectively that it could mow down a bull elephant within five seconds. Considering we're just fighting humans with turbans over their heads and not giant man-eating alien forces, I don't really think it's neces-" "DOITDOITDOIT."

Seconded

When it comes down to it, weapons of today are no more lethal then weapons from yesterday.
Look what happens when your shot by a crossbow? DEAD
What happens when you get shot by a musket? DEAD
What happens when a sword chops you in half? DEAD
What happens when your stabbed in the back? DEAD
What happens when you get hit by a cannon ball? DEAD
What happens when you get nuked? DEAD
What happens when you get shot by a Dragonuv? DEAD
What happens when you get shot by Pistol? DEAD
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET YOUR BRAINS BASHED OUT FROM A CLUB??? DEAD

:skull:Get the point? :skull:

AS as you see we don't need more powerful weapons, we need reliable cheap weapons.
Also ive been waiting for a more vanilla kind of faction, i was getting bored of overpowered things, like lets say DARKSTORM? [great mod, really fun, but you can use the machine gun shishi to KILL EVERYTHING]

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:09 am

dragonxp wrote:
Look what happens when your shot by a crossbow? DEAD Assuming a serious hit on less heavily armoured areas and within short-ish range
What happens when you get shot by a musket? DEAD Assuming you get hit, which is pretty unlikely, and within shortish range
What happens when a sword chops you in half? DEAD Assuming you're in range, the sword is good quality and the sword doesn't hit any major armour
What happens when your stabbed in the back? DEAD Assuming you're not wearing any form of body armour and are in range
What happens when you get hit by a cannon ball? DEAD Assuming you get hit, which is pretty unlikely, the cannon fires at all, the powder isn't wet and you're within range
What happens when you get nuked? DEAD You die if you're within a few kilometres, now or later, as well as everyone else fitting the same criteria
What happens when you get shot by a Dragonuv? DEAD Assuming you get hit, and the person is semi-competent, which is very likely
What happens when you get shot by Pistol? DEAD Assuming you're in range
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET YOUR BRAINS BASHED OUT FROM A CLUB??? DEAD Assuming you're in incredibly short range, aren't wearing any form of good helmet
AS as you see we don't need more powerful weapons, we need reliable cheap weapons.
So you're implying that a person armed with a club would reach a stalemate against a person with a gun, sniper rifle or nuclear weapons? Good luck with that mentality.
dragonxp wrote:
Also ive been waiting for a more vanilla kind of faction, i was getting bored of overpowered things, like lets say DARKSTORM? [great mod, really fun, but you can use the machine gun shishi to KILL EVERYTHING]
Last I checked, they were static, with nearly no terrain penetration, long reload, high price and relatively low GibWoundLimit. They are also have limited ranges of fire. So essentially, if you dig a hole in the ground and use any form of weapon with an arc against it you win. Or even hide behind cover. It's just that the current AI doesn't understand the idea of cover or arcing trajectories. Try and use one of those turrets on a competent human and expect to see the turret quickly taken out of commission.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:31 am
Profile WWW

Well, im not implying that they are good, im just immplying they all are lethal.
Also i know humans can kill the machine gun or any turret fast, however, Its kinda immpossible to feel any challenge from AI which is what im looking for.
Also, the cyro gun can easily kill an army of ronin just by spraying the entire group, just making their mass ultra high crushing themselves.
I don't know what you think but this is my opinion.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next