View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 District 9 

Post Re: District 9
DL'ing and testing. Be warned, I love this movie a little too much, so I may gripe a lot :P , but no harm is meant and it's to help improve the mod.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Ouch!
And how it feels? Not bad as mutch or...?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Methelina wrote:
Ouch!
And how it feels? Not bad as mutch or...?

It's okay, but it is obviously a beta. Weapons are nice and explodey/gibby and everything looks really awesome. It's 50 - 65% good at this stage, wich is great for a beta mod.

So, here's my gripes.

• The Prawn is HUGE. Dear god. It's only 2-3 feet taller than a man in the movie, so it should be just a bit taller than a normal clone.
  • The Prawn and the Biosuit are prone to toppling after a jump and don't get up very well.
  • The offsets are a little wonky on the weapons, and so normal-sized clones end up carrying them funny. That's probably because they're designed for Prawn-zilla with no consideration as to how others will handle them.
  • The Arc Gun's fire rate seems too fast. Armies could be gibbed very quickly, and I really don't want that to happen.
  • The Gas Thrower's range is rather underwhelming, but that's not a really big problem.
  • Where are my sprites? Yes, I know, they weren't great, but it'd be nice to, y'know, have my contribution recognised. Come to think of it, it was a bit rude of you, Methelina, to run in and snatch the project from under our feet. Personally, that took me off guard and made me feel useless, and I know one other person who feels the same way. I'm not angry - hell, your contributions have been excellent - just frustrated that my first proper modding experience has been snatched from me.

If I seem a little cranky or what not, I don't mean to. I just want to get this mod working as well as possible.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Wow :0 Huge list i see! :grin:
About actor size and reason=)
Yeah! And i Agree about Gas thrower and arc gun ROF

And about sprites... I started to make D9-mod sprites parallel for self-use before one guy post D9-mod request here :-( And when i seen a post i already have an all sprites for weapon and some parts of exosuit... And I find posting here as good idea for prevent Post-clone of D9-mod. Sorry if i get a main stream of it...

And i think i find a way how to close this trouble=) I make a Alien part and u can make MNU part as all urs. What do u think?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Also, did you ever ask CaveCricket if you could use his gravity gun script?
If you did by PM, my apologies, but still, you should probably at least credit him somewhere.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:59 am

A jetpack variant of the prawn and exo suit would be apreciated

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:35 am

The Arc Gun could use a bit more ability to arc to actors, and yeah, the prawn could use at least a smaller cousin to use for normal CC scale. Though the guns with smoke trails could use trails that work when fired upwards.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:28 am
Profile WWW

I can understand that, but, the prawn shouldn't look this unfitting with the rest of CC, since this is a CC mod.

Sunrise: Great effects, again.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:09 am

The Decaying Soldat wrote:

I can understand that, but, the prawn shouldn't look this unfitting with the rest of CC, since this is a CC mod.

Sunrise: Great effects, again.

I see what in this way you may try to sprite prawn in CC standart size without lost of proportions and without chibi style. I tried, but little prawn looks horrble as roach larva - not prawn. But we need a prawn, and not a roach-larva :grin:

Quote:
Also, did you ever ask CaveCricket if you could use his gravity gun script?
If you did by PM, my apologies, but still, you should probably at least credit him somewhere.

Yeah in PM.
And his name and another helpers names will be in Credits of Full Release with open info about their work

Last edited by Methelina on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:35 am
Profile YIM WWW

Methelina wrote:
And i think i find a way how to close this trouble=) I make a Alien part and u can make MNU part as all urs. What do u think?

Heh, it's better than nothing. :grin: Sure thing! Away I go!

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 am

Wow! I call that "credible criticism"... "Moders", do nothing... except watching pictures of naked ladies :sad:
How much you do for the last time?

Awesome MOD! Good sprites and ideas! Bring this power in future!
But i cant understand, why anyone els around only tell here What they dislike a parts or Prawn Bad, Sprites are Bad? where good words? I see a many newbie style mods here what have a better regards and here I see a negative aura around this high level of girls work. Where is a truth?

Last edited by ivan21 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 am

I'm sure there's a way around to sprite the prawn smaller. Losing a bit detail should be okay. Though I'm not a spriter so I can't help.

The prawn just look too odd to be with other stuff in CC.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 am

I feel my prawn good as hell :grin: :grin: :D
Thx for your thoughts about it :)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Banned

Your Prawn really is good as hell (actually, Ivan, no one is saying this mod is bad, because it's not), but it's too big. That's the only issue, and the only reason you're getting negative comments. Everyone understands why you made it like this, but they're saying that you should sacrifice SOME detail to make it fit better in CC.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:15 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Is that my sprite? Awesome!!!

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next