View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 ACrab and falling over 

Post ACrab and falling over
So, I remember a while back somebody was trying to make a walking tank thing in B18. During that thread, it was mentioned that AHuman actors come pre-set with some variable that makes sure they try their very best to keep their bodies upright. An ACrab-type actor, though, doesn't really seem to have this quality. I'm trying to make an ACrab that flies (yes, you can give them jetpacks), but it just falls over in mid-air.

Does anyone know the variable thats needed to set that? In that old thread, it was said that it is KeepUprightConstraints. That didn't work, though. CC told me it wasn't recognized.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:52 pm
Profile YIM
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: ACrab and falling over
It's not any actual variable.

In CC, normal AHuman actors are set by the game to be constrained vertically. You can't shift them; it doesn't really work. This constraint can be broken by a large impact, but virtually always they are aligned up and down.

But ACrabs don't have this. They tilt as they climb; it's the only realistic way for them to work, and short of adding a whole lot of basically unnecessary code, it's not practical or possible.

So, ACrabs tilt, can't be helped, AHumans don't, can't be helped.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:36 am

Grif wrote:
It's not any actual variable.

In CC, normal AHuman actors are set by the game to be constrained vertically. You can't shift them; it doesn't really work. This constraint can be broken by a large impact, but virtually always they are aligned up and down.

But ACrabs don't have this. They tilt as they climb; it's the only realistic way for them to work, and short of adding a whole lot of basically unnecessary code, it's not practical or possible.

So, ACrabs tilt, can't be helped, AHumans don't, can't be helped.

Well, that sucks. Maybe I can use an AHuman. Actually, its what I was doing before B19 anyway. I just need to figure out how to animate the thing a bit more nicely.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:34 am
Profile YIM

Are you the guy that created that walking flying dropship tank with the green clone head and feet because that would solve alot of problems seeing as we now have the ability to create four legged actors.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

wutangfan1990 wrote:
Are you the guy that created that walking flying dropship tank with the green clone head and feet because that would solve alot of problems seeing as we now have the ability to create four legged actors.

Nope, that was somebody else. It was in that thread I heard about that mythical variable though.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:49 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]