View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Change the Team? 

Post Change the Team?
Hey Guys,

I was wondering, when you start Skirmish and go into the editor, How do you change the team of the' lets say Coalation soldier?
I can never find out how to.. :-( That'd be nice if you guys could find out or tell me how to. :)

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:18 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Change the Team?
You can't change it within the editor, but if you open up the scene .ini file you created in Notepad, there's a very clearly labeled "Team" variable. 0 means Red, 1 means Green. -1 or anything above 1 is "Rogue" meaning it shoots at and is shot by everything, and does not have a visible health meter.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:25 am

So when you change the team variable, does that count for you or the Computer AI?

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:29 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Um, what?

Whatever team you change it to is what it will be. There's a limited number of actors in the map (however many you preplaced) and you just change specific ones to match what teams you want.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 am

No, Grif is telling you a filthy lie. You actually can change it, just go into your Activites.ini and comment out 'FundsofTeam1' That changes some variables, which makes it so you can alternate the alignment of troops you buy, change it by pressing F10.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:34 am

leadpumper12 wrote:
No, Grif is telling you a filthy lie. You actually can change it, just go into your Activites.ini and comment out 'FundsofTeam1' That changes some variables, which makes it so you can alternate the alignment of troops you buy, change it by pressing F10.

Last edited by Coops124 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:28 am

Leadpumper, brilliant, simply birilliant. A work of art, maybe.

As for the actual topic:

You cannot change the team of the actor you're buying while in skirmish mode. You can only buy troops that are on your side.

However, there is a Bunker/level editor (Under the "Editors" Menu button, in case you culdn't guess) In which you can create actors of both teams 1 and 2, but not rogue actors to the best of my knowledge.

If you're asking this in preperation of making a level, first off, you're doing it wrong, it should be done by making an entirely new level from scratch.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:23 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Coops124 wrote:

how did you get the picture on your signature? i cant get mine to show up :-(

also i did what you said and it works, THANK YOU!

Edit: never mind

And thus a boy takes another step on the path to becoming a manwhore in the grottoes of Hong Kong. See the product before you buy.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:28 am

Silver wrote:
Leadpumper, brilliant, simply birilliant. A work of art, maybe.

As for the actual topic:

You cannot change the team of the actor you're buying while in skirmish mode. You can only buy troops that are on your side.

However, there is a Bunker/level editor (Under the "Editors" Menu button, in case you culdn't guess) In which you can create actors of both teams 1 and 2, but not rogue actors to the best of my knowledge.

If you're asking this in preperation of making a level, first off, you're doing it wrong, it should be done by making an entirely new level from scratch.

Soooooo, you can ONLY change it in the Level Editor in the Editors menu at the Main Menu?

well then thats good enough for me..

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]