View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 CONTENT TWEAK THREAD 
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post CONTENT TWEAK THREAD
What content do you want tweaked/removed/fixed, AND WHY.

Ex: Uber Cannon needs an upgrade as far as radial damage, and a much shorter reload time. Potentially an increase in damage from this. Also, bug: it sometimes explodes and just blows up into the ground.

Don't bother posting ways to fix it; remember, these are devs, workaround shouldn't have to exist.

HIJACKED BY TLB:

Assault rifles (all of them) need MAJOR accuracy buff. You should not be spread to the height of two actors across 400 pixels or so. That's twenty meters, out of the m16's "effective" range of SIX HUNDRED.
    More diversity among weapons.

Last edited by Grif on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:17 am

Post Re: So, official orders from devs
Too many weapons that do almost exactly the same thing. Get rid of some or add some diversity.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:18 am
happy carebear mom

Browncoats, upgrade. Too weak for their price, and get dead really fast.
To my reasoning, their heft lends a tank feeling. Should be able to take a good 30-40 wounds before gibbing a leg, and their wound emission damages should last them a good minute or two of bleeding.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Browncoats are entirely unfinished and are not intended to be the way they are. Capnbubs put his sprites for them on top of the code for a Coalition Soldier and intended to finish them later. Numgun ended up changing them into stronger soldiers so that come release, there would at least be a taste of them. Apparently they got left out when all the other actors were souped-up, so now they're just below-average soldiers. Those will be fixed when bubs has some time to fix them up and give them their weapons, etc. Keep comments coming, though.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Tradestar, will it get more personalized weaponry someday? Right now it's like a dump for whatever isn't directly related to another faction.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:42 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Coalition.rte organization. My god.
Some kind of standard for weapon naming; the faction name shouldn't have to be included with the new copyof system. Something like "Particle <weapon name> to Round <weapon name> to Magazine to <weapon name>. For absolutely all guns.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:43 am

Although the new build has brought some cool new features, there are some setbacks. Here are the main ones I noticed:

1- The Annihiliator. In its description, it says "fat, satisfying laser beam!". And what, in the end, it really is? Just a slow firing glowy shotgun. I was really disappointed with this. It costs 250 oz, and yet it needs at least four shots to destroy a dreadnought.

2- Excessive amount of glow in the dummies' weapons. Why does everything need to glow that much? The best weapon from the faction is the nailer cannon, and that's because it does not glow. Also, do energy weapons really fit crash-test dummies? I imagined dummies as a more ballistic oriented faction, with big mass based cannons and shrapnel machineguns.

3- Does the drop crate really fit the dummy faction? Maybe it should be rellocated to Tradestar or the Coalition: It is much easier to picture dummies descending from the skies in burning crash-test cars than just jumping out from some snazzy crates.

4- The heavy brainbot is ugly as hell. Sorry to say this, but I think it's the worst looking unit that has ever appeared in vanilla content.

5- This is not really a problem, but I think that the game needs more armored units. And I don't mean kevlar jackets and metal helmets, but the big stuff: metal plating, robotic super-soldiers, slow-moving walking fortresses, that kind of stuff.

... Uh, maybe I was a bit too critic on this post. Sorry if anyone feels offended. :oops:
Also, you may notice that most of my comments were about the Dummies. That's because, in my opinion, that is the coolest faction, but hasn't received nearly as much new equipment as the other factions in the game.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:03 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
4- The heavy brainbot is ugly as hell. Sorry to say this, but I think it's the worst looking unit that has ever appeared in vanilla content.

I agree so, so much with this statement

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:29 am

I think the heavy brainbot should have bigger legs.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 am

some originality among weapons, or, at least fewer duplicates

we don't need an "SMG" for every faction, let's see something new

even worse is the shotgun, auto-shotgun, uber-shotgun hierarchy (as applied to any weapon type, silencers are an offender too)

basically stop trying to make 11ty weapons and focus on balancing unique weapons that people will actually use

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 am

-I think only sniper should have perfect accuracy. Everything that's not a sniper should have at least at torso spread at half a screen distance. I don't endorse hyper-inaccuracy, but a slight spread will make cover worthwhile.
-Heavy Sniper can blow a dummy (now a dummy corpse) half way across dummy assault.
-Coalition Sniper is stronger than Ronin Sniper, despite the Ronin Sniper's terrible fire rate. (Though I guess the range compensates. I dunno, I'm biased for Ronin.)
-The Ronin RPC doesn't feel right.
-Sandra needs additional breasts.
-Ronin minigun is kinda useless as is... Like a high range high clip smg... Maybe convert it to a LMG?
-Ronin Shovel is very weak. Like, 0 damage to dummies.
-Crafts are dangerous melee weapons.
-Diggers kill doors in 1.3 seconds.
-Door and base wall buff please.
-The Ronin would like a Medic.
-You need to include Grif's super awesome plane as Vanilla content.
-Less jetpack power please. I think base defense against people would be more interesting if walking was the main mode of transport.
-A balanced dual-wielding system? I would enjoy carrying two ronin sawed-offs.
-More buttons available for control config. (though I'm sure you guys are already working on it.)
-Don't unzoom mouse-player if the other guy presses buttons.
-The whole limited grenades thing chafes with infinite ammo, but it's not terrible the way it is.
-Shotgun should have less range. Right now they go at least half a screen away.
-General resiliency boost for everything.

*cough*

Attachments:
Nurse.PNG [3.38 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by Contrary on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:46 am

-Ronin bodies still seem like Coalition resprites, without armor.
-Any progress on whitebots?
-Bring back the old clones, and the old Dropship MK2

Contrary wrote:
-Ronin Shovel is very weak. Like, 0 damage to dummies.
-Crafts are dangerous melee weapons.
-The Ronin would like a Medic.
-You need to include Grif's super awesome plane as Vanilla content.
-Less jetpack power please. I think base defense against people would be more interesting if walking was the main mode of transport.

-Agreed. But don't hypersexualize her like other digital females in games. *Ahem*, Dead or Alive series.
-True. It was pretty easy to escape the cell in TLB's prison escape misson, but now I can't kill that coalition with the starter shovel.
-Crafts are dangerous, period. It's totally not realistic if that changes. Well, you can make huge mechs sorta invulnerable to the crafts.
-2nd female unit.
-Resprite everything.
-No. In fact, use certain techniques to block flying units.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 am

Contrary wrote:

ya give her 38KKKs, they would make nice shields xD :cool:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 am

-Removing the sidebars on the Grav Lifts. This will make it easier to put it in the Tutorial level so the Dreadnoughts can actually move.

-Give the Dreadnoughts a way to travel over knee high walls. It's rather amusing to see your opponent bring in this massive walking dynamo and have it trip over a blade of grass.

-Add in a sprinting option for Human actors. All the vanilla actors seems sluggish at best, currently. It's just annoying having to jetpack around everywhere with the ever present threat of spinning out of control and instagibbing.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 am

Bring back the damage from craft engines. Not as bad as it used to be but when a dummies head is being toasted by my rockets thrusters and mearly gets up from his trip to walk away nearly fine really eirks me.

As the AI gets better we could even bring it back fully because we'll have less worrys about our frendlys killing themselves.

Also, make putting stuff back into rockets and ships mean something. It seems like shipping wounded back into ships is considered useless. maybe a 10% extra oz? Heck, im just spit balling here.

EDIT: I forgot the Buy Menu. Oh the Buy menu... where to start? while scrolling the moouse wheel make it scroll the sidebar and not go through each unit/gun/ect. Allow the tabs to be hid/unhid. Work a better way to choose a craft. I feel like they shouldnt be grouped with actors, bombs, and the like.

Ah fudge i forgot something important to say. Ugh damnit!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 559 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next