View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 CONTENT TWEAK THREAD 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: So, official orders from devs
Okay, I can't stress this enough: THIS IS FOR CONTENT ONLY. This means weapons and maps. Adding a sprint option is not. Changing the cost of shipped rockets is not. Fixing problems with multiplayer controls is not. This is a list I'm trying to compile so that we (probably meaning me at this point, as most of the others are away) can go in and fix things. The more specific you can be, the better, as it will make singling things out and fixing them a lot easier.
And yeah, the heavy brain 'bot is shitty. It's a placeholder, particularly the sprite. There was discussion of having different brain robots, and it was needed for a gamemode that was planned for B23 and never made it in. Hopefully it will be replaced. If it isn't by B24, I'll be removing it.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:16 am
Profile WWW

Tweaks
-Improve the resilience of the "metal" layer in the bunker. Make it so the only the heavy digger or explosive charge can penetrate it (or something of equivalent/greater strength).

-More shields

Areku wrote:
5- This is not really a problem, but I think that the game needs more armored units. And I don't mean kevlar jackets and metal helmets, but the big stuff: metal plating, robotic super-soldiers, slow-moving walking fortresses, that kind of stuff.

I'd mostly opt for robotic super-soldiers. Or at the least, robots that are a bit larger and more intimidating. A robot that was the same height as a rocket, I think would be sound.

That's all that comes to mind really.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 am

Options to change crafts so that they don't instantly die while in terrain, or upside-down.
I hate having my invincible-super awesome rocket tip over and explode.

Fix the medic bot so it works with every unit.
I want to order a unit to heal me units, but it doesn't seem to work that effectively.

Make the Dummies a little weaker. I get the easy to destroy, fast killing faction, but they aren't even that easy to kill either.

In the buy menu you should click on a faction, the list should expand, and you can pick your unit. It would get rid of a lot of the clutter.

More shields. We only have, I don't know, one shield? Yep. The Riot shield.

An encore to the dropship bombs.

And
Areku wrote:
I think that the game needs more armored units. And I don't mean kevlar jackets and metal helmets, but the big stuff: metal plating, robotic super-soldiers, slow-moving walking fortresses, that kind of stuff.
This.

EDIT: are you happy grif? -_-;

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:24 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

CONTENT

not ♥♥♥♥ to fix with the game, ♥♥♥♥ to fix with coalition.rte,ronin.rte,or dummies.rte.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:36 am

- Restore diggers to what they were in B22 or...
- Increase concrete, metal and megametal strength, as well as the strength of dirt/rock.
- Remove or improve all the skirmish maps that look like poo and drastically improve the looks of the Maginot and, what was it, Dummy invasion map or something.
- No more 'uber gun' reload times and...
- ...no more gun names with 'uber' in them.
- Fix the Long name bug (but I do hope this has already been mentioned to Data).

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:55 am

Thunder Toes wrote:
Areku wrote:
4- The heavy brainbot is ugly as hell. Sorry to say this, but I think it's the worst looking unit that has ever appeared in vanilla content.

I agree so, so much with this statement

:-(

Beware, TLB is gonna come for you in the night.
With a large bloody axe and a hockey mask.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:31 am

-More accurate standard weapons. ARs, SMGs, Pistols, etc
-No acid casings/shells, even though I know that's already fixed.
-Grenades need much more power at close ranges; soldier lights shouldn't survive them at less than five feet
-Dual Wield for pistols
-Clip =/= mag. Get it right in the descriptions.
-Bullets and shot and other projectiles should use AirResistance.
-For shotguns, AirResistance should be the primary limiting factor on effective range, rather than LifeTime. After the shot has slowed to ineffective velocities, it can then disappear by means of LifeTime.

-Block A and Block B bunker modules need different prices, because A is entirely superior.
-Dropship docks shouldn't shake the dropship

-The train's gold gibs need fixed centers of mass [SpriteOffsets]

-Base.rte Frag Shell Should not be buyable
-Repeller Gun should be nerfed back to its B22 power. It shouldn't penetrate anything, except maybe grass. It also shouldn't have nearly as much recoil.
-Coalition Pistol or Base.rte Pistol need renaming

-Jumper wildlife needs inclusion, and needs more jumpiness. (walkpaths that make them hop instead of step)

-Add a deformable Ronin Shield [attachables]
-Ronin RPC blade needs to actually penetrate instead of bouncing on initial collision; make the blade not collide with stuff.
-The RPC M17 should have the M17 part taken off. Fictional numerical designations like that should only be made when there is a series.
-Ronin Molotov Cocktail needs to be cheaper, make it 1 or 2 gold. Nerf to balance, if necessary.
-YAK4700, SPAS1200, M1600 need new names, particularly the YAK47.
-Rifle Long should be renamed to Long Rifle and placed above the sniper rifle in its loading order. [and therefore buy order]

-Coalition Pistol or Base.rte Pistol need renaming
-Auto Shot Pistol should be renamed to Shot Pistol, made semiauto, and its particles should make use of AirResistance rather than LifeTime to limit range.
-Sniper Rifle needs lethal headshots
-Just call the Coalition Compact Assault Rifle a Carbine
-Auto Cannon needs more penetrating power. It needs to penetrate and put a couple wounds on military stuff material.
-Gatling gun needs a higher rate of fire
-The napalm flamer needs to light its targets, including terrain, on fire.
-C4 packs and detonators need glows to make their color more apparent.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:44 am

Let Numgun sprite, but keep him away from generic weapon coding.

Less weapons, more distinct "styles" between factions (dummies slow and steady, coalition like rifles, ronin AOE, etc, etc).
1st party Crobos - best unofficial faction by far.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:56 am

Dal wrote:
Let Numgun sprite...

No offense to numgun (or other devs), but I do hope the official sprites will eventually be made by prom, to keep it all in a similar style.

- I forgot: The pre-equip tab is a bit pointless, due to only being remembered during a single match. (Or game restart; don't remember which.)

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
- I forgot: The pre-equip tab is a bit pointless, due to only being remembered during a single match. (Or game restart; don't remember which.)

It lasts for a match, until you restart/exit/start a new match.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Remove the old non-tradestar weapons from base, they have almost identical versions in the ronin faction, add the flak cannon to the ronin faction also.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 pm

When we're thinking about balance, should we only think in terms of faction restrictions? For instance, one handgun might be better and even cheaper than another, but I could imagine that this would be okay if they were both in different factions - handguns would just not be a good thing for that one faction.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:54 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

I don't know if "balance" is something that is up for discussion when the thread is about content.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile YIM

Well Grif started out talking about the Uber Cannon and if it should be more powerful/have a faster reload time. Why would it need either of these things if it weren't a matter of balance?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:13 pm
Profile YIM
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Grif wrote:
CONTENT

not ♥♥♥♥ to fix with the game, ♥♥♥♥ to fix with coalition.rte,ronin.rte,or dummies.rte.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next