View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:42 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 numgun Banned? When? Why? How? 

Post Re: numgun Banned? When? Why? How?
I've yet to see any 1st party sprites done by numgun that aren't being replaced.

(Arne, get off your lazy chair and start making this game look pretty!)

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 am
Profile WWW

Dal wrote:
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, though I've never seen Thor do anything but flame since he got back; amazed he is/was still around.

Contrary wrote:
Lol, you have asking why Thor is banned now, rather than why Thor hasn't been banned since the Thormageddon (TM someone else, I forgot who) or after any of his flaming.

Slightly on topic: What's with all the numgun hating?

mail2345 wrote:
Still overpowered != shitty. zalo has made major revolutions with ini code, and no sense of balance.

And uh, yes I am amazed at how long ti took to ban THOR.

Do you really think banning him would do any good? Most of the ircfags know how to get around stuff like that.

shadow717 wrote:
I hate numgun because he's an arrogant ♥♥♥♥♥, and he doesn't deserve to be a mod. There are many more deserving people out there who can mod better than him.
    Gotcha, Geti, mail2345, grif, LFOW, Duh102, Ivan21, Weegee, Mind, Pelbox, and others.

not a mod

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 am

Thor wasn't banned before because he provides a valuable service to us all, scaring people into becoming worthwhile members.
And he isn't really as bad as you all make him out to be.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:34 am

metal chao wrote:
Thor wasn't banned before because he provides a valuable service to us all, scaring people into becoming worthwhile members.

Did I smell sarcasm?

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:58 am

Hyperkultra wrote:
Contrary wrote:
Lol, you have asking why Thor is banned now, rather than why Thor hasn't been banned since the Thormageddon (TM someone else, I forgot who) or after any of his flaming.

Slightly on topic: What's with all the numgun hating?

Thormaggedon? That sounds interesting. Could anyone elaborate?

Ah, the Thormageddon... Good times, good times...
I kinda think this community deserved that one. REALLY deserved it.
Yeah, and THOR isn't really that bad, sure, I had my issues with him in the past, but I don't have any now...

Anyway, I don't really see a reason to hate Numgun.

So, you guys say that he makes shitty unbalanced vanilla content... Now, how many of you actually use vannila content on a regular basis (Not in this build, but overall)?

His 'Mod hypes', although unnecessary, shouldn't be a reason to hate him. He presents his mod, so what? Atleast his mods look good, that's something.
And all this BS with 'lua/Lua not LUA' is just... Wel.. BS.
Its not like the internets as we know then will end because some random guy that you don't even know says 'Hurr LUA'.

You guys hate him for no real worthy reason, and honestly I don't care, i'm just saying.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Kallemort wrote:
Do you really think banning him would do any good? Most of the gentlemen know how to get around stuff like that.
ProjektODIN wrote:
Ban people all you want, they can still come back all they like.
I'm personally surprised he's not using this, or another alt.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
The Decaying Soldat wrote:
metal chao wrote:

Did I smell sarcasm?

No, that was the smell of a thousand morons who weren't even around for the THORPOCALYPSE™ judging him based on the opinions of other morons who weren't even around for the THORPOCALYPSE™.

Thor really isn't a bad guy, but everyone is making him out to be an excuse for everything. Thor gives you constructive criticism? 'THOR U R TROL' Thor calls you an idiot for making an idiot mistake? 'Y NO 1 BAN THOR YET HE R TROL'.

The next time any of you go to whine about him, actually think about what you are about to post and ask yourself if it's because he's actually done anything to you, or if you are just lapping up the general opinion of everyone else.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Thor actually hasn't bothered me in ages. And when I do see him respond, though he's harsh, his responses seem like a legit opinion, not just pure devil's advocacy. So I have no problem with him, and wouldn't call him a troll. And as far as the Thormageddon goes, that upset me quite a bit, but I'm a forgive and forget kind of guy. Actually, I feel like he's calmed down a bit since then, so I'm not afraid that he'll do it again.

My only complaint with Numgun is his handling of the vanilla content. The coalition simply shouldn't have rifles that fire 141 gram bullets. From what I understand though, certain issues such as that will be addressed by the next build, so I'm just going to wait and see.

Modders in general seem to take issue with Numgun's propensity to blatantly rip large pieces of code from other mods with no real acknowledgement of the original work. This is particularly an issue if he rips code and uses it in the vanilla content, because suddenly that code is being used in a product that's making money without any compensation towards the originator of the code. That's really really messy.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm
Profile YIM

Hmn?
I personally think he's been slightly harsh on Miles at the very least...
But does it really matter? It's not like the mods can retroactively unban either of them...
Unless Zalo has some sort of time machine he hasn't told us about, and knowing him, he might.

In summary, I don't specifically dislike either of them, but they really need to get off each others throats lest they both get permanently banned, depriving us of two very active users.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

How nice, we get to judge...I mean, express our opinions on the 'duo' when they're gone.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Man I love this forum.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:33 pm

ProjektTHOR wrote:
basement-dwelling mouth-breather.
mouth-breathing h-manga readers.
basement-dwelling animu fans
peons
everyone in this forum is a sick duck.
Scrub
Bunch of emo wrist-slitters
Don't try to pretend that you aren't a tard
you are a mouth-breather
infidel

This was my former signature, and there would have been more, but I reached the goddamn character limit.

Can't you ban his IP? Is it a lot of trouble to ban people, even just individual accounts?

Eit: For the record, I almost entirely use Vanilla content, especially when playing with friends. Earlier builds, I used Bear Federation. But that's it.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:46 pm

411570N3 wrote:
Kallemort wrote:
Do you really think banning him would do any good? Most of the gentlemen know how to get around stuff like that.
ProjektODIN wrote:
Ban people all you want, they can still come back all they like.
I'm personally surprised he's not using this, or another alt.

He's not using it because if I'm right he only used that when he thought he didn't deserve a ban. Even so called "trolls" can have a sense of honor, y'know.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:50 pm

The act of banning is really just someone closing the front door of their house.

If someone still wants to get into it that badly, and doesn't mind breaking a window, they will do so.
Obviously THOR hasn't done this, so leave it alone.

TL;DR for this thread:

People got TEMP banned for things they should be TEMP banned for.

Stop posting.

I believe this thread has reached it's natural conclusion, so I shall help you with your last request.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Contrary wrote:
This was my former signature, and there would have been more, but I reached the goddamn character limit.

Can't you ban his IP? Is it a lot of trouble to ban people, even just individual accounts?

Eit: For the record, I almost entirely use Vanilla content, especially when playing with friends. Earlier builds, I used Bear Federation. But that's it.

you're dumb

thor, even having deleted the forums, has contributed far more to this community than you can ever hope to

you ####tard

also I propose replacing numgun with darlos for content dev since darlos makes his guns accurate and balanced

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:51 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next