View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 92  Next
 [WIP] DSTech Corp (UPDATED: 5/22/09) 

Post Re: [WIP] DSTech Corp (UPDATED: 5/22/09)
It'd be nice if you could increase the range of the shockwave effect on the grenades and rockets, whilst switching to a Lua-based direct force application, to allow for more flying enemies.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
It'd be nice if you could increase the range of the shockwave effect on the grenades and rockets, whilst switching to a Lua-based direct force application, to allow for more flying enemies.

Tried implemented this to the fist, sorta "punching" <massive shockwaves> enemy dropships and rockets left, right, up, and down. Not sure how to apply force on contact though.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:08 am

Have a look at Darkstorm; specifically BulletScript.lua in any of the weapons. It applies force on contact with the bullets.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:05 am
Profile WWW

object:AddAbsForce(forceVector, positionVector)

The positionVector refers to where on the object the force will be applied. also, a forceVector with a bigger magnitude will have more force.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:02 pm
Profile YIM

I'm running into the issue of the code causing some attachables to rip off when I fire the weapon...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:56 pm

you're applying a shitton of force, your attachables have a pansy jointstrength, or you should have a timer delaying the force push effect somewhat, or not be firing through yourself at least.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

Alright to the people who PM'd me, I'm probably going to release what I have now when I add in one feature <The basic drones> but what's being released is going to be pretty much a mess with a heck lot of stuff missing. I would prefer to release this when a lot more is done.

On a related note, should a expulsion of raw force be a single projectile, or a instant erasure beam? And would <ground> vehicles be practical in this faction when the infantry themselves can wield vehicle/semi space battleship grade weaponry?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 pm

I would imagine that ground vehicles in the DSTech Corporation would either have extremely destructive weaponry (nuclear MIRV launcher?) or would be used for other purposes (like a mining vehicle)

"On a related note, should a expulsion of raw force be a single projectile, or a instant erasure beam? "

I'm not sure I fully understand you; how is a single projectile different from a beam when using raw force? Would a beam be more spread out but still concentrated in one direction?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 pm

As in a single huge plasma ball or a single huge "beam".

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
I would imagine that ground vehicles in the DSTech Corporation would either have extremely destructive weaponry (nuclear MIRV launcher?) or would be used for other purposes (like a mining vehicle)

"On a related note, should a expulsion of raw force be a single projectile, or a instant erasure beam? "

I'm not sure I fully understand you; how is a single projectile different from a beam when using raw force? Would a beam be more spread out but still concentrated in one direction?

Anything truly nuclear in CC is not really a good idea. It would kill the map. :bounce:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Jon wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:

Anything truly nuclear in CC is not really a good idea. It would kill the map. :bounce:

And the vehicle with it.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:47 pm

I think a 'beam' would be better than a 'ball' in that case, DSMK2 :P

Jon: Really? I hadn't noticed :wink:

Not a 'true' nuclear MIRV, maybe each missile would be like the "Large Rocket" fired from the DS08C, with 8-10 missiles fired in a single MIRV. Preferably it wouldn't just be a rapid fire LML, but rather an actual MIRV that gets launched up and then splits off into 8 Large Missiles which all head in the same direction (kind of like the AAL Marine's rocket launcher) Bit of potential lag but nothing that would freeze up the game or anything.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I wouldn't actually mind a small nuke with most of the kinetic energy removed, leaving a thermal flash based on incinerating via checking if the actor is within line of sight to the explosion.
Also, yeah, I'd probably go with a beam.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 am
Profile WWW

MIRV is not exactly applicable to a ground based battle. MIRV stands for Multiple Independently targetable Reentry Vehicle.
Something like 'cluster' might be better suited for a ground/infantry launched weapon that holds more than one missile, bomb or warhead.

As for nukes, yeah, I agree they would be to much for CC. I don't know if you could get 'just' the thermal effects unless used in a vacuum, since all that heat/energy would probably explosively superheat the air in the area of the blast (heck, isn't the heat/energy what is the source of the basic overpressure effect?)
Even the 'weak' Davy Crockett nuclear weapon (10-20 ton yield) might be overkill for something like CC.

Heck, your typical 2000 pound bomb would possibly be overkill for CC.

As for the weapon being discussed, I am split as far as to choosing either a beam or a big shot. With my present mood, I might lean a little bit more towards a beam type weapon, but the word 'force' makes me think that a single high powered shot might be more fitting than a beam.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 am

Meh - their idea of an MIRV is the one from Fallout as opposed to, say, the Peacekeeper missile.
And yeah, realistically you'd probably get a pretty decent explosion anyway, but in CC you could make it only have the massive thermal pulse and nothing else.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 92  Next