View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 7:43 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 67  Next
 Crobotech Mod Beta 2 

Post Re: Crobotech Mod Beta 1
The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Winterous wrote:
:idea: =Eˉ (<-- Pointing hand)

WARN HIM!

Translation please...?

Hayy, I got warned...

Anyway, I was just saying that the previous dude disobeyed a ruling right before his post.
It ended badly...

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:29 am

You should have used THE REPORT BUTTON.
Someone needs to make a sticky with capital letters in general about THE REPORT BUTTON.

AGAIN.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 am

I wasn't serious, I was just playing around.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:25 am

well capn', as one of your loyal fans, i love the mods. but, truth be told, i liked the old mk1 models of the crobo actor sprites. I, personally, think the old ones looked cooler. The LR-5000 is a dream. I absolutely adore it. I always wanted a laser beam like the ones from the old anime movies. Thank you for the laser! The weapons match the actors quite well, and they are pretty standard. Standard by weapons go. Great by originality standards. Nothing too uber, noting pitiful, very well balanced. The actual crobo actors do die a little fast though, for future ref. Also, the jetpack is rather weak. All in all, another well put together mod by the capn'. Good one bubs!

Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 am
Profile WWW

As a random idea I thought would be fun, I set up a game where I'd play as the base Coalition against the Crobos. Ended very badly, even though it was still a blast trying to have a soldier survive long enough to snatch up one of the Crobo weapons so I could actually kill a few of them. In my opinion, they're as tough as they need to be. All that talk of the Crobos being weak. Lies. All lies. If the standard Coalition can't fight them reasonably well, they're tough as nails. I'm not sure why everyone wants super armies. That takes all the fun out of the game. At least for me it does. It amuses me to watch the unit I'm controlling get mooked off by stray shots or debris, in fact I find it downright hilarious. Shouldn't be too worried about your soldiers dying. Just drop a new one in. Simple.

There, that's my two cents.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 am

I agree with Ocular Bleeding, no super-armies needed. You cant really kill DarKlones with vanilla weapons, can you?
The AAL marines are way overpowered, but I cant see any other way to make them. Guys covered in armor have to be tough.

To the subject, I still find the Crobo's legs a bit weak. With that I mean, an normal frag grenade airburst can take their legs. That does not happen with the default units.

About the laser:
I think the beams sharpness should be toned down. I like to kill stuff with the explosions, not with the big red sticks.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:51 am

I agree for the fact of the laser =3 EXPLOSIONS ARE FUN!!!

The Crobos are good the way they are... EXCEPT the legs... The arms rip off easily too

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Ocular Bleeding wrote:
In my opinion, they're as tough as they need to be. All that talk of the Crobos being weak. Lies. All lies. If the standard Coalition can't fight them reasonably well, they're tough as nails.

There, that's my two cents.

I guess it could also be a fair argument that their powerful weapons are contrasted by their physical weakness.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Good point

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 pm

After playing with your guys for a while, here's my one major observation:

If the PA-60 and the PA-40c are gonna be so slow and low on ammo, then the individual shots need to be a bit stronger. Right now, your bullet weapons are more effective overall. I look at your code for your assault rifle and see that the bullets are equivalent in power to AK-47 bullets. That's fine. The MG-90 is obviously more powerful. For the PA-60, you upped the mass slightly from an AK bullet, kept the sharpness the same, and lowered the velocity. I think you ended up with something less powerful. You may want to up the sharpness, since thats typically a good way to simulate the "burn" of an energy weapon.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:32 pm
Profile YIM

Cant wait for Crobotech Mob Beta 2 =3 Itll be awsome seeing more Crobos =3

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
FireBlizzard wrote:
Cant wait for Crobotech Mob Beta 2 =3 Itll be awsome seeing more Crobos =3

You've upset the Crobo Family, and the Crobo family are not people to be messed with. You're dead to them, FireBlizzard.
Expect to wake up with a brain sans jar in your bed, or something, I confess I never saw The Godfather.
Also, a little comment to those who are complaining about the limbs- GibWoundLimit, GibImpulseLimit.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:28 am

Darlos9D wrote:

If the PA-60 and the PA-40c are gonna be so slow and low on ammo, then the individual shots need to be a bit stronger. Right now, your bullet weapons are more effective overall. I look at your code for your assault rifle and see that the bullets are equivalent in power to AK-47 bullets. That's fine. The MG-90 is obviously more powerful. For the PA-60, you upped the mass slightly from an AK bullet, kept the sharpness the same, and lowered the velocity. I think you ended up with something less powerful. You may want to up the sharpness, since thats typically a good way to simulate the "burn" of an energy weapon.

If you look in the code you'll notice that the PA-60 actually fires more than one bullet, it does a lot of damage to actors who's armour it can penetrate, I wanted it to be a weapon that would do lots of damage to un-armoured targets but wouldn't have the force to get through thick armour.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:25 am

capnbubs wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:

If you look in the code you'll notice that the PA-60 actually fires more than one bullet, it does a lot of damage to actors who's armour it can penetrate, I wanted it to be a weapon that would do lots of damage to un-armoured targets but wouldn't have the force to get through thick armour.

Ah, I see. I noticed one time that it was doing a surprising amount of damage.

Also, I've downgraded my own clones again... or, at least, made them strong in a somewhat different manner. So, I'm not too hard up about it.

Edit: Woah! I just realized that if you set ParticleSpread to zero and ShakeRange and SharpShakeRange to higher numbers, you can have multiple bullets stay together even though the gun has some spray to it. I can't believe I never knew that...

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:03 am
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
Edit: Woah! I just realized that if you set ParticleSpread to zero and ShakeRange and SharpShakeRange to higher numbers, you can have multiple bullets stay together even though the gun has some spray to it. I can't believe I never knew that...

I think I speak for everyone when I say: '-_-

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 67  Next