View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Crobotech Mod Beta 2 

Post Re: Crobotech Mod Beta 1
A great deal of awesome, capnbubs. And there's nothing else that compares to it's awesome.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:33 am

@_@'

This ia a bucket of awsome....

Also, they keep falling over when i let the AI use them...

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:30 am

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Falling over or crouching? and in Sentry mode or attacking AI?

Pic?

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:32 am

whitty wrote:
OK well to start:

I love it! Its beautifully sprited and coded...
But they all seem a little... weak. Increase their jointstrength, and maybe give them higher gibimpulse and gibwoundlimits, that would make them better. It just seemed to me that they lost thier arms, legs, and armor too easily to be CRobos.

CAPNBUBS I WARN YOU NOW IF YOU CREATE ANOTHER FACTION OF INVINCIBLE UNITS I WILL KILL YOU.
Please, balanced mods IMPROVE THE GAME. DARKLONES ARE OVERPOWERED. MOST AAL WEAPONRY IS ALSO OVERPOWERED.

say no to super-mods!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:35 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh yeah, guys, do not TAKE OUT THE SLASHES, the LR-5000 is WAY TOO FLASHY, and the jetpack sounds like people being smashed, when you're close to the floor!!!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 am

Exalion wrote:
whitty wrote:
OK well to start:

But they all seem a little... weak. Increase their jointstrength, and maybe give them higher gibimpulse and gibwoundlimits, that would make them better. It just seemed to me that they lost thier arms, legs, and armor too easily to be CRobos.

CAPNBUBS I WARN YOU NOW IF YOU CREATE ANOTHER FACTION OF INVINCIBLE UNITS I WILL KILL YOU.
Please, balanced mods IMPROVE THE GAME. DARKLONES ARE OVERPOWERED. MOST AAL WEAPONRY IS ALSO OVERPOWERED.

say no to super-mods!

This coming from a scrap-guy, lol. I think the gibimpulse could be a smidge higher though.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:25 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

ppiksmada wrote:
Exalion wrote:
whitty wrote:
OK well to start:

say no to super-mods!

This coming from a scrap-guy, lol. I think the gibimpulse could be a smidge higher though.

Yo, Exal, the Croboes in this beta aren't invincible as you think just shoot the armor off, the blast the limbs to pieces!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:44 am

YAY!
I've been eagerly awaiting the return of these guys for so long!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 am

Foa wrote:
the Croboes in this beta aren't invincible as you think just shoot the armor off, the blast the limbs to pieces!

I got sneak attacked by an smg wielder who took a fair amount of health of the heaviest guy.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:19 am

@robolee:
How the hell did you manage to get "sneak attacked" in CC.
I guess having a single giant red eye and an emo fringe doesn't benefit your sight.

On Topic:
I love the laser/explosive weapon.
Make another more powerful one with shorter clip/longer reload/high cost.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:29 am

This is a great mod! but The laser should have more damage in the splash (not a bigger radius) and maybe a deeper penetration.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:47 pm

welchnik wrote:
This is a great mod! but The laser should have more damage in the splash (not a bigger radius) and maybe a deeper penetration.

it's very powerfull, it just takes practice to use. It can take down a darklone heavy in a couple of shots so I'm not going to up the damage.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Yayzors! Finally the return of the Crobos, and better than ever. With the DSTech, Darklones, and other stuff, I was running out of medium-strength mods. All the others are nigh on invincible. (Curse you, Heavy Darklone!!!) This mod is made of win, and very well balanced. Excellent job, capnbubs.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm

Is that the point of its slight piercing capability? Aim at one point most likely the neck so the effect starts somewhat inside the clone?

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Capnbubs, I have to say, you've oudone yourself. The CRobos themselves are awsome. The detail, the effects, everything.

I do have some problems though.

The laser...Is not my favorite weapon yet. It seems like you choose to add detail in one area, but neglected another. The beam itself is simple. The aftereffects of the blast are too much. The splash damage is also not enough. I've had actors literally standing completely in the blast sprite, and have no damage at all. An explosion that big will hurt a lot more than it currently does.

The guns are Simple as well, but not un-loved. The machine guns are too short for my tastes. And the clip is too big.

Aside from that, it's perfect. Good job!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next