View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:25 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 67  Next
 Crobotech Mod Beta 2 

Post Re: Crobotech Mod Beta 1
DarkSamurai wrote:
Yayzors! Finally the return of the Crobos, and better than ever. With the DSTech, Darklones, and other stuff, I was running out of medium-strength mods. All the others are nigh on invincible. (Curse you, Heavy Darklone!!!) This mod is made of win, and very well balanced. Excellent job, capnbubs.

Hear Hear!

after testing: I LOVE the smoking shells, so awesome. also, they are balanced! its great! considering that automatic one, what ever its called A something 57? that thing is insane: that'd take out a DarKlone heavy easy considering what it does to the defaults!

top mod capnbubs, can't wait for more.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 pm

-[Insert comment explaining how awsome this is here]-

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks sooooo much! Can't wait to test! Looks awesome. :D

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:28 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
For some reason, the clone lasts longer than the heavy. Also, I have to apologize to Whitty here- the legs are rather weak. I once took a heavy with the default package and dropped him 2 Crobo heights off above the ground. He used his jetpack, and wasn't going very fast, but still had pulp instead of legs.
Also, flying through the air, dual pistols blazing, beautiful smoking shells everywhere. ♥♥♥♥ was so cash.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:06 pm

FIRSTLY- These guys remind me of metroid.

I have no idea why. They just do.

SECONDLY- I almost cried when I heard the oh-so familiar "Whoy" noise they make when loading them.

THIRDLY- THANK GOD FOR BETA!

FOURTHLY- ARGH I JUST PRESSED ESCAPE TOO EARLY AND QUIT CC NOW I GOTTA WAIT AGAIN ARGH!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:39 pm

Exalion wrote:
whitty wrote:
OK well to start:

I love it! Its beautifully sprited and coded...
But they all seem a little... weak. Increase their jointstrength, and maybe give them higher gibimpulse and gibwoundlimits, that would make them better. It just seemed to me that they lost thier arms, legs, and armor too easily to be CRobos.

CAPNBUBS I WARN YOU NOW IF YOU CREATE ANOTHER FACTION OF INVINCIBLE UNITS I WILL KILL YOU.
Please, balanced mods IMPROVE THE GAME. DARKLONES ARE OVERPOWERED. MOST AAL WEAPONRY IS ALSO OVERPOWERED.

say no to super-mods!

qft
Yeah they're fun if you get enjoyment out of blasting near-brainless AI with a gun five times the size of a clone and a mech nine times as big as one. But that gets very lame after a while. Darklones and AAL stuff is way way too overpowered. Just not fun.
To make it fun, make the enemy spawn the overpowered AALs and fight them with awesomely balanced actor packs like Crobos.
DL'ed for being Crobos. Hope I can manage to reinstall a windows OS xP

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Exalion wrote:
DarkSamurai wrote:
Yayzors! Finally the return of the Crobos, and better than ever. With the DSTech, Darklones, and other stuff, I was running out of medium-strength mods. All the others are nigh on invincible. (Curse you, Heavy Darklone!!!) This mod is made of win, and very well balanced. Excellent job, capnbubs.

Hear Hear!

after testing: I LOVE the smoking shells, so awesome. also, they are balanced! its great! considering that automatic one, what ever its called A something 57? that thing is insane: that'd take out a DarKlone heavy easy considering what it does to the defaults!

top mod capnbubs, can't wait for more.

DarkKlones are weak against the LR-5000, and the explosion does the damage!

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:21 am

FTW? nawww for the win is for noobs. THIS IS FTP! (FOR The Pwn) i love crobos! my dog is named crobo. not. o yeah, you just impregnated me with your awsomeness. with little baby crobos and laser gun baby pacifiers.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:58 am
Profile WWW

I know i'm being ungrateful, cause this mod breathes life into a dead cc, but when exactly will we be expecting the giant walker and stuff?

I'm also going to say it again, the laser rifle is so much better without the squigglies, which i removed myself :/

there are also certain pixels that can be removed from the assault rifle and machine gun that prevent them from looking a little to black and boxy.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:39 am

This mod has revitalized my desire to play CC. The other faction mods are great, but unbalanced. The Crobos are a wonderful trip back to when I first played CC and lost troops to random debris and stray bullets, like it should be. The sprites are incredible, the weapons are a blast to use (My favorite being the PA-60), and the sounds improve the experience overall. Everyone seems to be looking forward to special units and superweapons, but I have what I like already, fantastic AHuman actors. If you didn't release anything else, I'd still be content. Great work.

Oh yes, almost forgot the mention the glorious actor animations. The Crobos can crawl as well. Brilliant!

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:14 pm

:D Been waiting for the re-release of the CRobos, I missed these guys. Kickawesome mod as always :grin:

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Good job Capnbubs! This mod made me want to play CC again.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Phew. I've been really busy as of late, so I totally missed this. Good to see the CRobos finally coming back on line.

The laser is sweet. It has that awesome "anime laser" effect where there's a delay between impact and explosion. So you can sweep it over something and get that awesome pause before a string of explosions like you always seem in anime. Fun times.

This is definitely tempting me to get my butt in gear and get back to working on my mod. Due to our previous conversation about CRobos being Russian-like and DarKlones seeming Japanese, I think I'll try to play up the ethnic angle a bit. I noticed the CRobos definitely have some kind of odd accent.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:25 pm
Profile YIM

Oh yeahh. Crobos were my favourite mod like.. Ever. Nice to see you released more. Its looking good so far. :grin:

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Wow, these guys are awesome.
I'm liking the new and improved weapons quite a bit, especially how the shells smoke and such.
The new blood effects are very pretty, too, but the blood doesn't splash onto the ground. : (
The only other qualm I have is that the legs and arms break off kinda easy.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:03 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 67  Next