View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 136  Next
 UniTec (1.0.0 - CC1.0) - DISCONTINUED 

UniTec (1.0.0 - CC1.0) - DISCONTINUED

Note: This mod has been discontinued by its original creator.
If you want to continue updating it for future builds, improve it and/or add to it, feel free to do so and post it in a new topic so this topic can die.
A discontinued mod does NOT mean anyone can grab whatever they want from it. ASK FIRST.

Thank you. - Gotcha!

Welcome to UniTec.
See the ISIC log in the mod itself if you want to know more about our organization.

Download UniTec 1.0.0 for Cortex Command 1.0 here:
UniTec v100 - CC1.0

UniTec inventory list:

SHIELD inventory list:

Zealots inventory list:

Important! Or at least good to know:
If you want a personalized buy list, check Shoplist.ini! You can modify this file to select what you want to have for sale. You can do the same thing for actors.
Open Shoplist.ini and set Buyable = 1 to Buyable = 0 to remove something from the ingame buy list OR
Run Presets.bat and choose your preset file or the campaign file. (Windows only.)
If Presets.bat does not work (non-windows) you'll have to do some manual renaming.

If you experience problems, want to provide feedback or have constructive criticism, please make yourself heard.
If you are a forum lurker and/or want to send an email, you can do so @ ccunitec at gmail.com.

Credits: The following people have either contributed to UniTec, tested its contents, were there for moral support or all of the above.
Needless to say: Without these people UniTec would not be where it is today. I love you all!

Changes in B27 1.2.0;
- New dropships!
- Introducing the UniTec Lifter, a dropship that can handle the delivery and pickups of large mechs (and other heavy units). Light/small units cannot be delivered. Hint: You can also pick up unsuspecting enemies and then let the dropship shoot the crap out of them.
Thanks go to Asklar for his awesome script work!
- Large mechs are delivered through dropcrates now. Unfortunately I can't use the lifter yet, because people would be billed for the lifter and get a free mech. Long story.
- Better parachute! Thanks go to Bad Boy for his awesome script work!
- Added Redeemer for Zealots - Uses advanced CaveCricket homing missile technology. Thanks, CaveCricket!
- Improved Raptor look!
- Removed old dropship, rocket and droppod.
- Dropship and Raptor main body gib will explode after a bunch of seconds, clearing most of it from the battlefield, unless it manages to settle. Which happens rarely. The explosion is not really dangerous.
- Added Zealot with tough head.
- Raptor mortar spawner removed again.
- Tank is delivered by 'parachutes'.
- Fixed terrible error in zealots loadouts file. I am surprised it even loaded. Doing this probably fixed problems for people trying to play with or against the zealots in the campaign.
- Removed some specific weapons from loadouts so actors won't be carrying duplicates anymore.
- Spend some time in the gib editor so large actors gib properly.
- Created a new bunker piece for mechs.
- Zealot Kanai green head wound aemitter replaced and woundlimit increased so it lasts a bit longer.
- United Doom actors sided up with SHIELD and WEC actors with UniTec for campaign presets. The two undead guys are buyable again.
- Fixed error in Mech Brain.lua.
- Fixed and updated activities that needed fixing and updating and added Browncoat skirmish.
- Added new loot in UniTec activities and changed the pricing. Some items are not really worth it to pick up. You'll know which ones.
- Cleaned up and improved Doom gun sprites.
- All SHIELD presets now use parachutes.
- New medium explosion sounds.
- Added Gamma grenade.
- Changed Kanai drop sprite and lowered fall speed.
- Changed Punisher/Eraser bullet and grenade explosions. Not really that interesting to watch. Meh, maybe I'll work out some better explosion someday.
- Changed Outlaw feet sprite offset to look better on the mech. Shouldn't interfere with walkpath I hope. Tested it briefly, seems okay.
- Removed most presets file. Only two choices now. Good that I did. I got seriously annoyed with constantly updating them all.
One is for your personal modification and one is for the campaign.
- Added Zealot Stormer. Thanks to Uberhen for code peeking and Azukki for the glow!
- New sound for dropship doors.
- New (and in my opinion finally a nice looking) sprite for flamer. And made a new sound for it. You can thank Naxete for twisting my arm.
- Gave SHIELD a flamer as well, due to them seriously lacking something in the short range department.
- Landmine made smaller.
- Added footsteps to light actors. Do let me know if/when they start to annoy you.
- Improved zealot gun sprites. Lots of Zealot love in this update.
- Added details to actors' hair.

Previous changes:

A huge thank you for DRLFF's help in making this mod possible!

Last edited by Gotcha! on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 129 times in total.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Post Re: Toybox (1.0)
Doesn't work for me, says it can't find "Toybox.rte/Sounds/Desert Eagle.ogg."

The sound's there, I can see it. Something screams at me that this is because it's .ogg.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Control wrote:

The sound's there, I can see it. Something screams at me that this is because it's .ogg.

It works for me :???:

Anyway, nice pack. Some of the weapons are ginormous and completely out of proportion, and some of the offsets could have some work. But overall, it's very good. Good work you two.

Last edited by Kurrus on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:44 pm
Profile YIM

The title sounds a bit misleading.
I was thinking, Gmod, Build Push Pull stuff.
Oh well.
OGGS can be used for sounds.
Good for emitters that emitt music.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Control wrote:

CC supports both wav AND ogg for sounds and music, it has been tested.
Not sure why it goes like that for you though.

Also, I like the sprites alot but i'll pass on this anyways.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Kurrus wrote:
Anyway, nice pack. Some of the weapons are ginormous and completely out of proportion, and some of the offsets could have some work...

Can you give some examples? Otherwise I wouldn't know what to change. :)

@Control: I've run the mod a zillion times, tested all the sounds, adjusted them so they play as good as possible without skipping and each one works like clockwork, so it can't be this mod. :???:
Anyway, try to leave the Desert Eagle out in the index.ini. :)

@numgun: Too weak to take your MPAM down with? :wink:

@Roy-G-Biv: To a soldier this really is a toybox. :wink:

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:40 pm

♥♥♥♥ a, mp5k is awesome

although lots of the sprites could use some work.

and all of your offsets from what I can see are completely off.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I like the idea of having more real-life weaponry, since it tends to have interesting variety. Are they balanced against the ingame AK-47?
Because I'll be disappointed if the MP5k blasts through a solid steel wall with perfect accuracy.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Could people please give details. I can't make the mod better if I don't know what's wrong. Offsets for which guns? What sprites don't look good enough?

@The Fat Sand Rat: Yup, no gun is uber. I've tried to keep the ingame weapons as the base. They all have quirks and perks too. One sprays more, while the other is more accurate. But overall I don't think there's a 'best gun' in the lot.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:21 pm

it should be fairly obvious, one silenced smg the actor's arms look like they're in a knot, the mp5k the actor isn't even holding the foregrip.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:28 pm

numgun wrote:
Control wrote:

CC supports both wav AND ogg for sounds and music, it has been tested.
Not sure why it goes like that for you though.

Also, I like the sprites alot but i'll pass on this anyways.

I know this, just had a hunch since I can't use Gotcha!'s other mod, the C:NR thing, for the same error.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:34 pm

NeoSeeker wrote:
it should be fairly obvious, one silenced smg the actor's arms look like they're in a knot, the mp5k the actor isn't even holding the foregrip.

The more you can sum up, the more we can solve. :) Thanks.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm

<Sprites>
To put it bluntly, their just don't have enough umph. They lack anything that seems unique, although I suppose when you are just copying something that already exists you'r not going to get much praise for uniqueness. Maybe adding more details to the sprites would help?

<Sounds>
Good. I liked the way the guns went rat-a-tat-tat when they fired. Again, not the best sounds ever, but I'm no DJ, either.

<Playability>
All the guns seem the same in this regard, the only difference being (obviousley) how far, how fast, and what velocity the same bullets are fired.

<bottom line>
I'm not a coder. Someone here may go into there and find gold. Maby these guns, in some respect escaping me are amazingly rare special and worth praise and gratitude.

When I look inside of a Toybox, I see the Transformers robots, the G.I. Joe action figures, Nerf guns, Basketballs and Baseball bats. There's a variety, distinction, and playfulness to the whole thing, a feeling that you could keep going back and find something new and unique to play with. This is not a toybox, this is just a standard, military ammunitions crate.

I am slowly coming to the realization that maybe this mod was made to be absolutley normal with nothing to really add or subtract away from the core gameplay. But if this is the case, there was really no need for such a spicy title.

That's my 5 cents, anyway.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:58 pm
Profile YIM

@AntiVRX: If you read the readme you also know why I named it toybox, but that aside, what do you mean with copying something that already exists?
I used real life pictures for them, resized them and touched them up over and over and over again. I needed to start many of them from almost a scratch, since the sprites used in this game are so extremely tiny.
If you don't like the sprites then that's fine, but please don't accuse me of 'copying something that already exists'. I could be wrong but it feels like an insult.

I'll take your other 4 cents though. Thanks.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:13 pm

If you analyze the post you just posted, you will realize you just gave yourself the answer.
If like myself you are to insulted or lazy to re-read previous posts, here's the bottom line-

Every gun in this 'Box' already exists, in one way or another. You are not, to my knowledge, the creator of these weapons, and therefore cannot take credit for actually inventing or making any of them, just re-creating them in Cortex Commander.

Thus, you are copying something that already exists.

In contrast, if I were to talk about the Darklones, I have never seen anything named "Darklones" before. Albeit, yes, they look like clone troopers, but this is something for another thread :-P

EDIT: I have taken the liberty, as you suggested, to read the Readme.txt. You using the name Toybox simply to avoid a generic name is like George W Bush using smart words to avoid sounding stupid.

Last edited by AntiVRX on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:34 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 136  Next