View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
 The Pelian Army *Update: Jun. 22nd '12* 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: The Pelian Army *Update: Nov. 14th '11*
Shook.

I just tested this, I didn't have enough time to do it before.

I'm ashamed that I can't give you any important feedback, the only things I can say is that it looks sooooo gooood.

The sniper effects look great! The HOT FIERY ANGER made my day. Aiming the ClusterBomb is way easier now. The assault robot feels better. The MARS weapons now are like much better, sprite-wise and code-wise. The troopers sprites look better.

The turrets are one of the best things in my opinion, since now you can place them on vertical walls.

I don't know what else can I say!

Except for...

HOT FIERY ANGER!

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Shook, it's because you ain't the only one with a Skyrim addiction.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:33 am

Yet 80 downloads had still happened when i made that emo-post, not to mention that other threads get several comments a day. Must be someone out there who hasn't been hooked yet. :-o
But yeah, Skyrim is the primary reason as to why i'm not being more baww than i am. It's an incredibly good game, and i've already dumped like 60 hours into it, so i don't really know why i'm bawwing at all. :U

@Asklar: No need to be ashamed about that bro, i find the lack of uhh... Negative feedback a sign that you're happy with it. I'm glad you enjoyed it! c:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:13 pm
Profile WWW

Not to be nagging you bro, But uh...?

Any idea on how long it may take for this to be updated for B26?

I remember using this before... and... i pitted your entire arsenal of weapons against the dummy behemoth.

Lets just say it rained giant dummy bits for a long time... XD

and Skyrim.. don't even get me started on that... Lvl 12 on the first day i got it. =P

Free Crabs. Good thing we DOn't use them in bombs.... >.>

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 am

Try downloading it and using it before nagging about versions. :|

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 am
Profile YIM

Great to see an update to one of my favourite mods.
I love the revamped MARS guns, the felt pretty stale beforehand.
The new sprites are refreshing, and still feel like they belong in the mod.
Some of the guns might need a bit of tweaking in some parts, the flamethrower doesn't really feel like a flamethrower at all and the destroyer feels underpowered.
The shotguns is unloaded when delivered, im not sure of that was intentional or not but its a little strange.
I absolutely love the clusterbomb launcher, it is perfect for many situations. Im not sure about the pie icons for the PASB-86 assault rifle, the heavy mode seemed to do less damage than the assault mode on heavily armoured units, perhaps I am just using it wrong.
The laser rifle really just feels like a laser rifle from previous builds, even so, i am happy about this because i was upset that it was taken out.
The plasma rifle is deliciously overpowered, but I love it.
All in all, very happy with this update and very happy to see you back in action, great work!

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 am

Good to hear, thanks! Also, it's interesting that you note the flamer and destroyer, since my betabro's didn't. I always (well actually, not always) saw the flamer as more of a "fountain of fire and white-hot shards of metal" than "burning napalm", in which case the current functionality is more appropriate. It doesn't light people on fire though, which is a remnant from the days where Lua and CC were separate entities.
The destroyer could probably do with a little buff, yeah. It does already cause worse wounds than the sniper, though it doesn't quite take limbs off like it. Maybe it should? c:
Also, i was wondering when people would notice that little shotgun fail! I ran across it many times myself, but every time i managed to forget it again. IT NEEDS FIXING.

Crabman wrote:
Any idea on how long it may take for this to be updated for B26?

Weeeeeeeeeeell, judging by my current speed of work, it'll take -8 days. :I

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile WWW

Its likely he said that because this topic doesn't have the B26 tag like most of the others.
Its pretty mindless of him/her but you should probably put the tag up anyway, its just helpful.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:21 am

Oh, right. Slapped that lil' tag on now. Silly me. :-o

Also, good news everyone! Joe took the liberty of fixing up the activity files for this faction, so before long, you can not only play as these guys, but also take delight in being destroyed by them! Along with this, there will also be a few minor fixes to things i forgot. More specifically, the shotgun no longer reloads when you grab it, and the assault rifle heavy mode is now called sniper mode.
I believe this is more fitting, since its effective power in sniper mode (6 wounds per second) is actually lower than that of the assault mode (10 wounds per second), but it's much more accurate. I might, however, buff up the sniper mode so it's actually worth using, since that's a pretty significant reduction in power.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

Will this be updated for B27?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Yes indeed, and i'm hoping to make it a viable (read: ridiculously powerful) choice for campaign. Might have to balance the gold prices a little, but hey.

As a little side note, the Plasma Axe now feels more like a melee weapon, since i plopped on that Lua script from the sausages in my Large Pile o' Stuff. Need to tweak the effects, but the functionality is fine. Basically, it hacks off limbs and deals a fixed amount of damage (which is doubled if you hit the torso), rather than spray people with deadly deadly particles. It probably shouldn't deal quite as much damage to the two robots in this pack, but i'll get to that. As can be expected, headshots are instant kills.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile WWW

Definitely should be expensive, but I think rape-tastic is still OK.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm

I love these guys, I usually play one man army style, and one thing that always annoyed me was no matter if you picked the heavy brown coat, colition heavy, or even heavy crobo. If you get caught in some SMG fire you get ripped apart, even long range pistol shots will hurt you, Why does a game that has space travel not have pistol proof armor :???:

But these guys actually have armor that works :D and its not entirely unbalanced either, an intelligent player could still stop a heavy even though the AI is too dumb to start using heavy guns.

Is there any chance you could make a hand cannon pistol though? I'm pretty sure the puncher was fairly heavy, but I like blowing heads off :twisted:

and there may have been a digger, but a pelian brain bot and digger would be awesome

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:16 pm

A'ight, after dicking around in skirmish a bit, i've found out that they're already very expensive. A Heavy Soldier can tank a LOT of bullets, but equipping him with just an assault rifle and a pistol costs you 425 oz, plus transport. That's almost twice as much as a Browncoat Heavy! If you bring MARS into play, then you're looking at 2000+ oz per deployment, which is quite a bit, especially when you consider how explosive weapons are annoyingly effective. Probably still fair though, given how the MARS guns can utterly destroy all opposition.

The biggest kink in the pricing, however, is probably the heavy turrets. One of these placed in the right spot can form an almost impenetrable barrier for the AI (even with the delay before they actually open fire), and that only for 150 oz. I might have to check that out. :U

In non-rambly news, most things are working nicely now. I just need to make the axe GFX not suck, and then i can start working on metagame compatibility.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

They are definitely balanced if you were to play against another person, AI tends to be a bit stupid, but that is fine with me

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next