View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 158  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 6/11/09 

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 11/22/08
Because japan is awesome.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:39 pm

CandleJack wrote:
Because japan is awesome.

Japan's entertainment is awesome. The rest of it (society, government, industry) sucks.

Why the Japanese theme? No real reason, I just sorta slid into it. The fact that I studied abroad in Japan and pursued a Japanese culture minor probably helped in that.

Whats with the hate? People keep complaining about it like it's a big deal.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:26 am
Profile YIM

I have an undying hate of anime, the favored entertainment of fat basement-dwellers.
E: That's a little rough, so here- giving your actors Japanese names and throwing a bunch of Kanji all over everything doesn't make a whole lot of sense thematically and pretty much guarantees you watch Lucky Star while fondling your genitals.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:45 am

Hamburgler wrote:
I have an undying hate of anime, the favored entertainment of fat basement-dwellers.
E: That's a little rough, so here- giving your actors Japanese names and throwing a bunch of Kanji all over everything doesn't make a whole lot of sense thematically and pretty much guarantees you watch Lucky Star while fondling your genitals.

No, no it doesn't.

Darlos is about as far from a weeaboo as you can get.

Hell, I'm probably more into anime than him, and I hate 99% of it with a passion.

Yes, I did like the old DarkKlone thing more, but this is still cool.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:18 am
Profile WWW

Hamburgler wrote:

This probably means you just hate anime in general, and amazingly I'm a avid anime/manga watcher/reader that has a healthy social life. Stereotyping = whooooo. Hrm.

But you really need to know what the Japanese names mean... Most of them are after Japanese demons? Monsters? Tengu is a type of bird-being... Hence why the Tengu <In this case> are light and mobile infantry.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:26 am

Hamburgler wrote:

So that's the reason you throw out for hating anime? Good for you!

I mean, it's totally fine to hate something and that's your right, but at least give some valid reasons...

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:02 am

undertech wrote:
Hamburgler wrote:

So that's the reason you throw out for hating anime? Good for you!

I mean, it's totally fine to hate something and that's your right, but at least give some valid reasons...

For the love of god, there was a reason why a earlier post was mysteriously, deleted.

On Topic:

Any chance of putting some decals on the Yatagarasu? It would be pretty cool if you added a symmetric DarkStorm style glow to the Yatagarasu.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:48 am

One of my posts evaporated, which is kind of a shame. Beats being banned, though. I was kidding- take a joke.

First, from a technical standpoint, anime is the result of bull♥♥♥♥ cheap animation magically becoming an industry standard. Japanese artists love this, because it means their studios can churn out 500 tentacle-rape doujins to meet their strictly-enforced monthly quotas. There are exceptions to every rule, but the vast majority is horrible and lazy. Huge facial features plastered to otherwise blank heads to squeeze AS MUCH EMOTIVE POWER AS POSSIBLE OUT OF A 15-SECOND SKETCH doesn't fly.
Anime epitomizes everything that's wrong with modern Japan- none of it has any basis in reality, which is fine. People assume it does, which is wrong. Anime is an escape, and a damn good one at that- dark stories are obvious fantasies, and upbeat or comedic ones take place in the modern day. Anime is an autoimmune response to Japan's illness- it's people are listless, depressed and tied to their careers. Why not watch some stupid cartoon about schoolgirls or robots or whatever crap they're churning out nowadays? It's easy to get drawn in to the illogical perfect fantasies that anime allows (note that nearly every other genre of media disposed of that garbage after the Great Depression), which is why your typical Cheeto-fisted keyboard-mashing neckbeard-adorned social retard loves anime. He can make love to every single girl-plane in Strike Witches in his mind, because Christ knows no real girl will.
And hey, let's talk about all the twisted imagery Japanese animation dredges up! This isn't some generalization, every single cheery pick-me-up anime has young, nubile skirt-clad girls prancing around on screen for a half-hour. "That Osaka is so KAWAII! She has the figure of a 12-year old but she has a very old spirit! ^_^"

The average viewing-base of Lucky Star is, I ♥♥♥♥ you not, 8-12 year old girls, and 24-40 year old males. That's ♥♥♥♥ atrocious and says a lot about how god-damn depraved all you people are.

I don't remember if cursing's allowed, so hey, why not? Please don't delete this post too, I'll be fine with whatever feeble shitstorm gets thrown at me.

/Resume talking about mod... NOW.
E: Awww, auto-censoring takes all the ♥♥♥♥ fun out of vulgarity.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:03 am

I disagree - the auto censoring makes vulgarity all that much more fun on this board. I fudge (not censored) love it.

Agree with you on the prior point. Only anime I watch nowadays are sports anime (even though they are 100% predictable - then again so are most other sports related fiction).

Umm...what mod were we talking about again?

Anything new on the horizon for DS?

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:51 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Let's try to stay on-topic, please.
And if you really want to, you can turn the censor off in your control panel.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:21 am
Profile WWW

Hamburgler wrote:
lots of stuff
Most anime is awful. So is most entertainment anywhere through any medium. Go figure.

Also, I prefer Haruhi.

undertech wrote:
Anything new on the horizon for DS?
Not really. I probably won't be able to commit myself to anything creative with a clean conscience until I put every last ounce of effort into finding a job.

By the way, I graduated from college.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:23 am
Profile YIM

What did you study?

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:44 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CandleJack wrote:
What did you study?

Quote:
Japanese culture minor

?

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:54 am

Congrats on graduating, I know how much first time job hunting sucks first hand. Hope it goes well for you.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:05 am

Foa wrote:
Japanese culture minor
Foa wrote:
minor
My major is Computer Science.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:36 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 158  Next