View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 158  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 6/11/09 

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 11/22/08
Keep in mind though, the fewer keys you have the better.
Take an FPS
Sure, the leaning buttons can stay, you use them sometimes and they don't get in the way.
Having one 'lower position' and one 'upper position + jump' key beats the hell out of 3 seperate 'prone' 'crouch' and 'jump' buttons.

So remember, features are fine, but work out the most efficient system possible.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 am

This is a very well done mod. Kudos to you.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Bladecat4 wrote:
The thing is, they're both supposed to be emotionless killing machines, so the Shogun wouldn't really waste energy throwing people. It would, instead, snap their neck. Try that. Instant death by severed nerve.
However, I think the stealth-kill thing would be great. There are times when I wonder what the combat knife is for, it's so weak, and you can get better weapons for cheap.

emotion =/= logic

neck snap = one guy dead

dude throw = a bunch of guys all over the place wounded and useless

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:49 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
barreling forward at 500 mph with 250 kilos of grenades = half of a base gone, enemies crushed by high-speed gibs.
God is great.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:00 am

my activities has most enemies loaded with nades

my CC sessions are intense

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:21 am

regardless of how people see the shogun, i'd love a mach punch for them. seriously, that would be intensely fun.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:42 am
Profile WWW

Who said the Shoguns are emotionless? I'll probably have them yelling and roaring about once I get done with all of their features later on. The Shinobi will remain quiet for obvious reasons though.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:52 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
Who said the Shoguns are emotionless? I'll probably have them yelling and roaring about once I get done with all of their features later on. The Shinobi will remain quiet for obvious reasons though.

I love vocal characters, adds buckets of personality and makes them seem less like lifeless puppets and more like loyal little warriors :grin:

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:00 pm

you'd know cause you played with bear faction didn't you?

ivan was a ♥♥♥♥ genius for making them so noisy...

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:49 am

capnbubs wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:

I love vocal characters, adds buckets of personality and makes them seem less like lifeless puppets and more like loyal little warriors :grin:

The fun thing to realize in this case is that both the shinobis and shoguns are the same kind of clone, just with different equipment. So those quiet stealth guys all have a raging demon within them, bursting to get out. So while you might end up associating angry yelling with the shogun armor, its really just the same kind of tengu getting a chance to cut loose.

NeoSeeker wrote:
you'd know cause you played with bear faction didn't you?

ivan was a fudge genius for making them so noisy...

Haha, yeah, I love those guys and their angry Russian yelling. Though personally I'd like to stay away from "says stuff every time you switch/pick up/reload a weapon," and make the voices more specific. Such as a shogun lifting somebody over their head, tearing them in half and going "RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!!!!" while blood and guts spill over them.

BRAINSTORM EDIT: So now I'm thinking about how this will all work control-wise. I think its safe to say that for a lot of my weapons, I'll be adding some kind of alt-fire button. And as far as I can see, thats all the extra control functionality I'll be adding to anything, so nothing too mind boggling. For the Shogun, the alt-fire on both their heavy weapon and their bare fists will be a grapple attack, which causes the Shogun to grab onto the enemy. In all cases, primary fire will just cause the shogun to further punch and mangle whatever is grabbed, until it dies. Maybe if you intentionally hold it upward above your head, you'll get the screaming rip-in-half effect described above.

Secondary fire would depend on the enemy. If the enemy is relatively light and weak, then secondary fire causes the shogun to throw the enemy, hard. This is normally fatal to both the enemy and anything else struck by it, assuming they aren't super shock-absorbant (which is possible). Now if the enemy is too heavy to lift, secondary fire just makes the shogun release, and you just have to try to rip off limbs or punch the enemy to death with primary. The thing is, the Shogun will have a very firm hold on the enemy in that case. Even if the enemy is strong enough to move around with a Shogun attached... it will still have an angry shogun attached. So imagine a shogun attached to a dropship or MPAM or something, constantly punching it and ripping pieces of armor off, even as it runs or flies around.

God, I can't wait to program this.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:51 am
Profile YIM

or the trooper mangles automatically while he's holding the guy... simply the victim's life slowly goes down while he's in the grasp of the shogun. but being able to punch a guy in the face you captured is always hilarious.

putting the right sounds in the right place is easy as ♥♥♥♥... just noone's ever thought of it before :)

I can't wait to play it dardar.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 am

i would love to be jumping on top of drop ships and rockets and tearing the hell out of them. maybe make some mosp micro gibs be flung depending on the material (metal for metal, flesh for flesh and kevlared flesh, etc). it would be so cool if your tengus could be clingy and angry, with the shogun roaring and destroying stuff with their fists and uber-punching holes in everything (even better if it was the oni..) but the shinobi would use their knife once they had something, like melt holes in rockets and buttrape the enemy infantry with stunning electricity..

one thing, with craft, the tengu would have to be able to let go before it scuttled.. or jump off the gibs :D

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:35 am
Profile WWW

I think this would be ridiculously hard, but would you be able to have the clone dissapear inside the craft for a little while, come back out and have the craft's engines all simultaneously explode, leaving the remaining craft as a very expensive falling paperweight?

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:23 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
I think this would be ridiculously hard, but would you be able to have the clone dissapear inside the craft for a little while, come back out and have the craft's engines all simultaneously explode, leaving the remaining craft as a very expensive falling paperweight?

:o EPIC

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:38 am

It would be easy. Just add the clone to its inventory, make it open its doors, then gib it.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 158  Next