View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:42 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 158  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 6/11/09 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies NEW - Updated 5/26/08
The turrets are incredible. Using a vertical base structure with a large turret on a ledge and three of the small point guns on the bottom, you have one hell of a well defended base. Looking forward to the rest of the Darklone army. Also, any chance of getting some other weapons on the turrets? A rocket turret for taking out dropships would be lovely. As would be short duration, high damage laser point turrets.

Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 pm

It would be awesome if you made a P90 style bullpup style weapon. The p90's look really fits the style of the pack.

Also, the battle rifle imho looks better if the carry handle at the top is symmetrical, rather than just dropping off like it does.

Attachments:
File comment: battle rifle
D31BattleRifle000.bmp [1.54 KiB]
Downloaded 105 times
Mon May 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Hurray for the new generation of DarKlones!

Wonderful work again, mate! :grin:

One thing though: I hope to see more weapons and actors (light+heavy+maybe an alternate version of the original DarKlone) eventually.

Mon May 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Great job. Can't wait to see what's next.

One thing I've noticed: shooting around the map, I've been able to hit (and kill) myself using the machine gun and the shotgun. Battle rifle doesn't. Haven't tried the revolvers for it.

Tue May 27, 2008 12:33 am

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
I'm gonna pull a Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz and act like the DarKlones were always like this.

LOL, i just happened to see that movie. Ok, thanks for the info. Now, I think the Klones need a new way to get around....

Tue May 27, 2008 12:58 am

10050 wrote:
Now, I think the Klones need a new way to get around....

YES!!!

Tue May 27, 2008 1:01 am

sal wrote:

One thing I've noticed: shooting around the map, I've been able to hit (and kill) myself using the machine gun and the shotgun. Battle rifle doesn't. Haven't tried the revolvers for it.

He just needs to decrease the particle lifetime for the bullets.

Tue May 27, 2008 1:07 am

New sprites and stuff is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. [RBF, anyone?] A few things, though - the jetpack smoke is fairly sporadic and looks a bit more random than it should; right now it just looks like random bursts of light around where the exhaust hits the ground. Perhaps make it more coherent? Also, the gun stocks are all identical, not that you see them ingame.

Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 am
Profile WWW

I really believe there needs to be a story for the new DarKlones. How about something like:
"Our old design was too bulky, even with the lightest clones. So we have decided to equip all of our clones with a more compact high-density armor that is shaped to be more aerodynamic. To keep our clones mobile, we have also altered their bone and muscle structure to be better suited for running and switched to a newer pulse jet in our jetpacks. This conversion is still in the beta stages, but we will allow you to test it at no additional cost."

Tue May 27, 2008 3:10 am

CandleJack wrote:
I really believe there needs to be a story for the new DarKlones. How about something like:
"Our old design was too bulky, even with the lightest clones. So we have decided to equip all of our clones with a more compact high-density armor that is shaped to be more aerodynamic. To keep our clones mobile, we have altered their bone and muscle structure to be better suited for running and switched to a newer pulse jet in our jetpacks. This conversion is still in the beta stages, but we will allow you to test it at no additional cost."

Or, instead of spending time creating a story he could work on actual content... lol

Tue May 27, 2008 3:11 am

Inspiration first, content second, story last.

Thats the way it's done.

Tue May 27, 2008 3:24 am

Funtastic wrote:

Thats the way it's done.

o... kay......

Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 am

NeoSeeker wrote:
It would be awesome if you made a P90 style bullpup style weapon. The p90's look really fits the style of the pack.

Also, the battle rifle imho looks better if the carry handle at the top is symmetrical, rather than just dropping off like it does.

To be honest, I was originally planning to go with a bullpup design for both the PDW and the rifle, but as I tried to design them I didn't come up with anything I liked. Also, I personally prefer that the bar on top of the rifle drop off squarely myself.

Still, like I said, I might give some bullpup configurations a shot, for both the rifle and the PDW. I agree, it seems like something you'd expect these guys to have.

Funtastic wrote:

Thats the way it's done.

With that attitude, you should be able to go make a mod better than mine, huh? Hop to it!

Subiw wrote:
New sprites and stuff is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. [RBF, anyone?] A few things, though - the jetpack smoke is fairly sporadic and looks a bit more random than it should; right now it just looks like random bursts of light around where the exhaust hits the ground. Perhaps make it more coherent? Also, the gun stocks are all identical, not that you see them ingame.

Hm, this is the second complaint on the jetpack ground effect. Its not supposed to be smoke coming out of the jetpack. Its supposed to be dust kicked up by the air the jetpack blows out. The jetpack itself doesn't emit anything visible.

Also, all of the gun stocks and grips are the same looking because I wanted it to be that way on purpose. It makes it easier to produce parts when most of your products use them, you know? I'm a big fan of standardization and modularity. Though, if I do bullpup designs the PDW and battle rifle might end up with solid stocks integrated into the guns.

FireBlizzard wrote:
10050 wrote:
Now, I think the Klones need a new way to get around....

YES!!!

Well, not only will the drop pod get an update, I plan to make a dropship. Also, once B21 comes out, I want to try making... some kind of ridable ground vehicle. I DO know exactly what, but I want to keep it secret for now.

dracura wrote:
The turrets are incredible. Using a vertical base structure with a large turret on a ledge and three of the small point guns on the bottom, you have one hell of a well defended base. Looking forward to the rest of the Darklone army. Also, any chance of getting some other weapons on the turrets? A rocket turret for taking out dropships would be lovely. As would be short duration, high damage laser point turrets.

Yeah, I think about that occasionally. A rocket turret WOULD be pretty cool. Particularly one armed with a lot more rockets in a honeycomb arrangement, so it can fire a lot more rockets a lot faster than the infantry RPG launcher I plan to make. Any rocket launching - and really all of my explosives - are going to have to wait for Lua though, so I can do it cleanly and not hackishly.

NeoSeeker wrote:
sal wrote:

He just needs to decrease the particle lifetime for the bullets.

Perhaps. Though the vanilla CC weapons also shoot around the map. Before, when I made a weapon, I tried to make sure that the projectiles only looped grasslands once (basically stopping just behind the actor that fired it). This time, I set the projectile lifetimes to be more like they are with the vanilla CC weapons, but I can change it again if you guys want.

Tue May 27, 2008 3:45 am
Profile YIM

I personally use horiz land sized maps myself, and i love just spamming potshots off and seeing the kill counter go up.

I'm for them staying the way they are :D

Also, the smoking shells coming out of the revolver when you reload is ♥♥♥♥ shmechshy

Tue May 27, 2008 4:22 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Personally I dislike shoot-around-the-map weapons. Btw, B21 probably won't have them. Prom mentioned on IRC that the current weapons are going to be tweaked to have somewhat more realistic air restistance features. Thus, a shot probably won't get past one screen, let alone the map.

That's why I made most of Prom'sGuns have low lifetime bullets.

Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 158  Next