View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:45 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 6/11/09 
Loose Canon

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 6/11/09
pieman280 wrote:
Well he made the cases for a reason didn't he? They don't work half the time, and it's annoying. If I could fix it so that it could be picked up, that would solve that problem.

It's not a "problem", it's how it was designed. Each shogun can't pick up another shogun's weapons for a reason. In the cases of the Cryo/Pyro shoguns, it is a good one. Otherwise, it's mostly for balance and... more balance.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

Once we can run scripts on attachments (which includes weapons currently held) this will all be moot. I'd just set the gun up so it wouldn't fire if it was in the wrong hands. But as for now, I have to rely on wonky gimmicky bull♥♥♥♥, and so do you.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm
Profile YIM

It really sucks when the author of a good mod keeps you from actually enjoying parts of the mod. :roll: Well I guess I'll continue to search, and crack whatever code you have in there that prevents me from picking up half the weapons in this mod. That, and their indestructible code (Having a bunch of un-usable weapons lying around with their names floating is a bit annoying, and shooting/bombing it doesn't fix the problem here when they're invincible)

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:59 pm
Loose Canon

pieman280 wrote:
Hurf Durf

Oh for the love of...
They are locked for a reason. You wanna use em, go get the correct Shogun. Its doubtful a shogun could even carry more than one without being earthbound anyway. Besides, I have never actually used the cases, and Darkstorms is one of my most used mods. If it really is such big of a problem to your gameplay, then you're playing the game wrong. Most of the units in CC are designed to be semi-disposable meatbags for filling with lead and fire, and are not designed for reusability.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

Hyperkultra wrote:
pieman280 wrote:
Hurf Durf

Oh for the love of...
They are locked for a reason. You wanna use em, go get the correct Shogun. Its doubtful a shogun could even carry more than one without being earthbound anyway. Besides, I have never actually used the cases, and Darkstorms is one of my most used mods. If it really is such big of a problem to your gameplay, then you're playing the game wrong. Most of the units in CC are designed to be semi-disposable meatbags for filling with lead and fire, and are not designed for reusability.

So what!? That doesn't mean I can't re-use a gun. If a gun falls out of my hands, shouldn't I be able to pick it up? The cases aren't the biggest subject: the guns that are in them are. I expect to use the guns that come with this mod. Why shouldn't I be able to pick up a dead pyro's flamethrower with a ronin soldier that was behind him? or a minigun? If things were meant to be restricted like this, then I'm sure they would have the code that Darlos is looking for. Why are you even arguing with me about this!? Do you have a problem with me trying to actually use these weapons to their full potential? You can play these weapons with their restrictions, I'm just asking how to remove the restriction for my own personal use!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:57 pm

For balance. How would you use a flamethrower without a fuel supply? Why would a small ragtag soldier use a minigun designed for a genetically enhanced hulking beast? This is the way the author designed his mod. It makes sense, it adds balance, and in my opinion, it's a much better implementation than being able to carry any weapon with any Shogun. It's also realistic as far as military organizations go- they assign certain roles and weaponry to certain soldiers. A sniper will not be hauling around anti-aircraft equipment, nor will a DM be lugging around a light machine gun. For the same reason, a big guy with fuel tanks on his back that are feeding a flamethrower will not pick up a freaking chemical freeze cannon and magically make it work, nor will he yoink a GMG and start firing explosive shells out of it.

>If a gun falls out of my hands, shouldn't I be able to pick it up?<

You can. If you're using the correct Shogun and his gun falls out, he can pick it up. That's how it's coded. No one else can, because no one else is capable of doing that.

>I'm just asking how to remove the restriction for my own personal use<

And had you said "How could I edit the Lua code so that the guns aren't restricted? I want to be able to use them with any unit." instead of "OMG THIS IS DUMB WTF WHY CANT I USE DEM DEY R IN MY MOD I WANT THEM THEY SHOULD NOT BE MADE LIKE THIS!!!", you probably would be blasting away carefree right now. l2manners.

>It really sucks when the author of a good mod keeps you from actually enjoying parts of the mod.<

:stfu:

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:05 am
Loose Canon

Ragdollmaster wrote:
A much better argument than anything I could ever cook up.

Thank you. Also, I've been searching for a time and place to use that emote, and you stole it right from under my nose.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:20 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
And had you said "How could I edit the Lua code so that the guns aren't restricted? I want to be able to use them with any unit." instead of "OMG THIS IS DUMB WTF WHY CANT I USE DEM DEY R IN MY MOD I WANT THEM THEY SHOULD NOT BE MADE LIKE THIS!!!", you probably would be blasting away carefree right now. l2manners.

Err.... did you read my first post? Are you talking about me, or someone else?
Quote:
How do I fix it so I can pick up the weapons? The cases keep breaking with the weapons falling out on the ground making my purchase worthless. I'm also wondering why they're indestructible.

It was a simple request. After no one helped me including the very creator of the mod, I'll admit I did get mad, but I never acted like that at all! Still, I restrained from showing any anger, until I was argued with. even then I never resorted to childish behavior, insults (Or at least nothing direct/intentional), or all cap stuff. I'll admit the "It sucks when..." comment was a little rude, but it still was nothing childish, and nothing intentionally insulting. It was a comment saying that it stinks when someone is keeping you from fixing an annoyance. In this case, I am annoyed at the fact that I can't pick up a weapon, and I was being kept from the knowledge on how to fix it.

Quote:
You can. If you're using the correct Shogun and his gun falls out, he can pick it up. That's how it's coded. No one else can, because no one else is capable of doing that.

oh. I had always tried picking it up with another darkstorm soldier (Usually I have two big guys, and 3 smaller ones. I like using CC in a squad based fashion). Thanks for telling me this. I thought that the inability to pick it up went for everyone, including the rightful owners. Thank you for telling me this. :) Oddly enough though, I got a regular heavy darkstorm trooper/shogun to pick up a cyro gun (It fell out of it's case recently. I wonder if it has a 3 second rule :P ). I don't know why it worked this one time, but it was fun until he froze his foot. That was funny!

As for your argument on realism, I'll admit you are correct. But even so, I'm not sure why we're talking about realism. I'll admit, I'm laughing at myself for bringing up realistic talk earlier. This is a video game. :)

edit: Whoops! I forgot these were called darkstorm, not darklone! I'm fixing my post now...

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 am

Welp, I can see this isn't going anywhere good. :roll:

Anyways, I might as well be constructive while I'm here. Keep up the awesome work Darlos. Darkstorm has been my favorite faction, modded or otherwise, since I first download Cortex Command. I appreciate how you've kept the sense of military efficency and purpose in your Clones and weapons while still fitting in some Shock'n Awe to keep the eyes satisfied. Can't wait to fiddle around with the next release.

Oh and maybe if I beg enough we could see some sort of base structure in the future? Nothing extreme, I know Darkstorm is suppose to be mostly recon and small tactical strikes but stuff like that needs a base of operation. You could be the first to make a stealthed bunker!

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:22 am

Hmm... stealthed...
Would a stealthed brain work? As in, a brain that is not targeted when the opposing side goes on brainhunt? Possibly using some sort of way to make it only count as a brain when you place it and as it dies...

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:27 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Hmm... stealthed...
Would a stealthed brain work? As in, a brain that is not targeted when the opposing side goes on brainhunt? Possibly using some sort of way to make it only count as a brain when you place it and as it dies...

I was thinking something like that but the same kinda limited stealth that the Shinobi have. It wouldn't exactly be fun if the AI could never find you. I was imagining something like fake walls to make travel easier for friendly units in the base while the enemy still have to go the long way past security. Also things like trap doors and false floors, think high tech gorilla tactics.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:32 am
Loose Canon

pieman280 wrote:
oh. I had always tried picking it up with another darkstorm soldier (Usually I have two big guys, and 3 smaller ones. I like using CC in a squad based fashion). Thanks for telling me this. I thought that the inability to pick it up went for everyone, including the rightful owners.

/me facepalm
Okay, I'll chalk this up as a large, constant misunderstanding, and never speak of it again.

pieman280 wrote:
Oddly enough though, I got a regular heavy darkstorm trooper/shogun to pick up a cyro gun (It fell out of it's case recently.

This is just a bug. You had a Cryo Shogun close enough to fool the system, but with a regular shogun close enough to pick it up. Also, the PD Shogun can't use any of the weapon case items. Ever.

Ontopic: Stealth brains? Hmmm.... Darkstorms needs a brainbot.

Last edited by TorrentHKU on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:35 am
Profile WWW

I'm not quite sure about a brain-bot. I don't know why you'd send your most important unit into the fray just all whily-nilly like. I was thinking something more like a camouflage/hidden brain quietly gathering and analyzing intelligences in an underground bunker.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 am

This mod is CRAZY AWESOME, except for one thing- the Shogun's head has an annoying tendency to explode at the slightest provocation.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:41 am

The reason you have brainbots in the game is so that you can move your brain from bunker to bunker, or even have it defend itself, if the need arises.

And, heads go flying off of almost EVERYONE in the game, something to do with gib impulse limit or something like that. Like you're gonna survive a dropship door that's probably hundreds of kilos smashing into your cranium.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158  Next