View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Two Brains and a Water Sprayer! 

Post Two Brains and a Water Sprayer!
That's right, folks. They're nothing much, but I'm hoping you'll like them. Some of my first mods :)

I made this one a while ago, using a brain template and the Plasma Material from the Plasma Shield pack.
It is a plasma brain. I resprited the brain's base, added some stuff to the sprites for changes during the animation and also changed the glass for a layer of thick and resistant plasma. I also modded the plasma material a bit, so as to make it more resistant. It can now reflect every type of vanilla CC round, except for flak cannon rounds. If you're lucky, the bullets will ricochet and disarm the guy who fired them, or kill him.

Hope you'll like it. Credits go to CaveCricket48, for making the plasma material, Azukki for making the Brain template, and me for the sprites, some coding, and the idea.

ITZAH Flubber Brain! :grin: (name suggested y Thunder Toes)

Here is a picture of it:

Attachment:
Plasma Brain 1.JPG

And here's the download:

Attachment:
Flubber Brain.rte.rar

Second mod. It's another brain, except this one is a TV screen broadcasting a brain, which is in a space station in orbit. I made it using sprites from base.rte, that I resprited and resized quite a bit. I made the gibs myself and changed a couple of things in the coding. Unlike other brains, this one will break if its health goes below thirty, or falls too quickly. It is also less resistant than most other brains, since it is only a TV screen.

Credits go to myself for a good part of the spriting and some coding, and to Azukki for making the Brain template which I used to make it.

Here is a picture of it:

Attachment:
Brain Screen.jpg

And here's the download:

Attachment:
Brain Screen.rte.rar

Third and final (for now) mod: The water Sprayer. Again, it was made using a sprayer template, that I modded and to which I added my own water-like material. It fires a constant flow of water, and as the look of a camo water gun. I did the spriting too, but it is mostly, for the sprayer sprite at least, a change of colours. I remade the magazine entirely, though.

Tease your ennemies with water before they blow your head off! :grin:

Credits go to Azukki again, for making the template I used for this, and to myself for everything afore-mentionned/else.

Here is a picture of it:

Attachment:
WaterSprayer1.jpg

And in action:

Attachment:
WaterSprayerinaction.JPG

Here's the download:

Attachment:
Water Sprayer.rte.rar

And there you go! Comments would be very appreciated! :grin:

Last edited by Brainwashed on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Post Re: Two Brains and a Water Sprayer!
There's no need to upload images to the forum.

Last edited by CandleJack on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Lord Tim already made a water sprayer. Also, don't post your first mods. Even so, not bad.

ya leik a year ago.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 pm

CandleJack wrote:
There's no need to upload images to the forum.

Alright.

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Lord Tim already made a water sprayer. Also, don't post your first mods. Even so, not bad.

Already? Well, mine's different.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:28 pm
Well, They look good for your first bunch of mods, but not enough to make me want to download them.
The brain on that screen looks a bit weird, like a potato.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Tea wrote:
Well, They look good for your first bunch of mods, but not enough to make me want to download them.
The brain on that screen looks a bit weird, like a potato.

Thanks, but that brain on the screen is the brain you can see on the screens in the tutorial mission :P

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Does The Brain Show still cause you too lose if destroyed? If so, that's kinda dumb.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am

No it's not, it'd be pointless if that was the case.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:39 am

No. It moves. It just doesn't on the picture because it is a static JPEG image, not an animated Gif.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Did you ask cave cricket for the usage of his plasma material?
Good, but no DL.
Sorry.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Well, I did credit him.

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Good, but no DL.
Sorry.

That's ok. (Boy, if no one downloads and tests, how am I going to get reviews?) :P

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:26 pm

Tested the water sprayer and the plasma brain. Ill start with the sprayer.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of it is but it works pretty good. I guess it's ok but i don't know what i'd use it for but it's still good.

The plasma brain looks good. It's too invincible. I flew a rocket into it and no health lost. Make it a bit less invincible and it will be better. The problem is the AI doesn't have flak cannons equipped so you pretty much never lose. It's no fun that way. What i'm trying to say is make it less invincible so it's more of a challenge in the game:P.

@Roy-G-Biv: He did change the material around he said making it somewhat of his own material. He could credit Cricket for the base code but this is his material now.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks for the nice comments, fyher. The Water Sprayer is actually just a fun tool. Have fun spraying defyingly at the MPAM before it blows your head off. :grin: Or something like that. Go to war with only that weapon, and hilarity will ensue. Or use it with a very stong unit and tease your ennemies.

EDIT: It's also very useful for aking out dropships :D

As for the Plasma Brain, that's kinda the point. I needed a brain that would look good AND last long. So I created it. I may make another, less resistant version, but I'll probably change the material. And the only way you can kill it is by using a high velocity round.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:26 pm

As far as the credit thing goes, it's usually better to ask people before using their stuff but as long as you're giving credit where credit is deserved, it's fine. Some people will get very angry if you use their creations (even in a modified form) without consulting them and others won't really care as long as they are referenced. Next time, take the safer route and ask people before using their stuff. It's not an official rule, but more of a matter of courtesy.

Regarding the mod, I don't want to test anything until I get a reply back from Data about my "registered" copy of Cortex Command which was just formatted to binary oblivion yesterday. I will say that they're not bad ideas for a first mod, but the plasma brain (or something very similar to it, I believe it has been done in a brain pack and was called the "shield brain") and water sprayer (LordTim's Water Wars: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10284&hilit=water) have both been done. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but don't expect expect to get points from certain people for creativity, even if the idea was entirely original. The brain screen looks like a good idea though.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Alright, I will. Thank you.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next