View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hayreddin Industries 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Hayreddin Industries
This is a Faction, there is no Lua.

Hayreddin Industries are proud to present our current line of cutting edge combat systems designed for the primary purposes of mobile and short range combat, details of our current equipment is as follows.

List of available Armaments:

Azan Pistol: A high powered pistol the usefulness of which is limited by its poor magazine capacity (can be used with a shield)

Qadar Buckshot: A powerful short ranged shotgun limited by its poor penetration of armored targets and limited magazine capacity (can be used with a shield)

Zakajj Machinegun: A moderately weak machinegun with a high rate of fire

Iblis Heavy Shotgun: A powerful shotgun which can penetrate heavy armor at short range

Shaitan Plasma Pulse Blaster: A powerful energy rifle that can tear through heavy armor at any range

Maghreb Bolt Sniper: A powerful anti dropship sniper rifle capable of annihilating most targets in a single shot

Dhol Grenade Launcher: An immensely powerful rocket assisted grenade launcher with a unique arc and only a single round per magazine

Khattak Heavy Machinegun: A high powered high magazine capacity machinegun that has trouble piercing armor at range

Sharakh Rocket Launcher: A rocket launcher with a wide blast but a relatively small magazine size

List of available Tools:

Walayah Shield: A larger and more durable shield than the tradestar standard

Diyya Pulsed Digger: A Powerful digger which has a small magazine (can be used with a shield)

Rajm Explosive Blade: A powerful device that can tear through several feet of reinforced concrete with ease, can be used as a short ranged weapon

List of available craft:

Aretha Beam Cannon: A massively powerful suborbital satellite cannon capable of vaporising even the hardest target (scuttle the ship to activate the beam)

Salaf Drop Pod: A Rapid deployment system for strike teams enabling safe and rapid insertion

List of available actors:

Tahhij scout drone: A fast and agile light drone capable of sustained flight

Barbaroi combat cyborg: A well armored cyborg unit designed for direct assaults

Amazigh cybernetic brain unit: A mobile armored unit based on the barbaroi chassis for the protection of your brain case

This is my first mod in a while, wondering what you guys think of it, comments and balance suggestions are welcome.
on an unrelated note Happy birthday me!

Edit: Changed some outlining to give a better overall look
Edit2: Gave the Dhol prettier effects and the Aretha is now manually targetted and more powerful

Attachments:
File comment: The Mod (+213+52)
Hayreddin Industries.rte.rar [2.55 MiB]
Downloaded 1594 times

Last edited by Amazigh on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Post Re: Hayreddin Industries
Se7en, I missed your mods! This looks absolutely gorgeous!

EDIT: And just because I hate all living things, first.

Last edited by Nocifer on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:28 pm

A problem I had with the Aretha is that once I had one and it died like normal but every few seconds the beam would come back. You may need to use another method for the beam.

But other than that, this is a quality mod that I will be using for a while.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Happy birthday.

And this mod rocks.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:59 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

This is definately a keeper and not a tosser.
Happy birthday btw.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:05 pm

The Salaf is a mediocre drop crate resprite, I'd drop it entirely.

The outlining on the Walayah, Maghreb, and Khattak/Rajm Mags is inconsistent with the rest of the sprites. Same with the Aretha outlines.
I'd either outline everything, or remove the outlines for everything (removal is probably best/easiest as this is a very dark faction, colour-wise).

The Tahhij and Barbaroi need to be visually distinguished more, they look very similar at a glance.

The Rajm seems a touch flaky to use, the idea is nice though. Also, it appears under weapons instead of tools?

I really like the concept of the Aretha, but it lacks oomph. Needs more shiny.

I personally dislike white glows. Not really much of an issue.

Aside from that, this is rather good.
I particularly like the detail you've put into the effects throughout the mod; unique jetpacks and wounds, smoking shell casings, et cetera.

Again, this is very, very nice.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

Woah. Just... woah.
Every time I think I have been pulled away from Cortex Command too long, somebody releases something great.
I really like the orbital weapon, there need to be more of these.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

By the way, some of those sprites look cunningly like re-sprites. Not that they would be, but they look like.

I.E. the sniper looks like CHSR, and the zooka looks like the ronin zooka.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:18 pm

And the Zakajj is an SMG with added handguard and stock. In fact, the weapons all seem to be vanilla sprites painted black, and with things added. They still look good.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Happy Birthday, by the way!

Anyway, the review I forgot to include:
The offsets for the Khattak are a little odd. Unless you intended it to be shoulder-mounted. The actors' legs are a little thin, though that's not really a big deal anyway. The Rajm kinda backfired and tore my Barbaroi apart the first time I used it against an enemy. I think that was my fault for the unnecessarily close quarters, and it was still ♥♥♥♥ awesome, but I thought I'd mention it.

As for the positive! The sprites are indeed lovely, except for the sniper and bazooka, whatever they're called, and even those are still purty. I love the Aretha, though I kinda wish I could control it. I love the particle effects you've devised for the jetpacks and the plasma rifle; very unique.

All in all, definitely a keeper.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Update, see first post
Thanks for the positive responses.
Yes yes the guns are resprites of vanilla stuff (bonus points to anyone who figures out what is each weapon is based on)

@whitty: At the moment it uses an attached emitter with a delay to stop it firing before it comes down, but it seems to for some strange reason have the problem you mentioned, what method would you suggest I use instead? use the main engine as the emitter maybe?

@Nocifer: yes it is shoulder mounted, figured it would be cool to try out making a shoulder mounted machinegun.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make the aretha more powerful, maybe make the final blast a cluster explosion?

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 pm

This mod is awesome in so many ways, I especially like the "WAIT, THAT'S NO DIGGER"- weapon, it's really, really, really... neat.

I do would like the cyborgs not have red blood for some reason, when I got my first cyborgs head asploded, when trying to figure out the grenade thingy, I was like "aww, no pretty gore...". But then I found the sniper and were happy again.

The actors do lose their legs rather easy when landing, though.

The faction is perfect in size, not to big, and not to small.

Now go make me a handgrenade and a ship (that don't fire a massive beam in my jar of brainz).

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Thoroughly awesome, and it's good to have you back.

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with Armored Core 4. (For those who are wondering, Amazigh was a Lynx in AC4 and Barbaroi was his mech).

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

Se7en wrote:
(bonus points to anyone who figures out what is each weapon is based on)
Also does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make the aretha more powerful, maybe make the final blast a cluster explosion?
Clusters can be effective, you might also want some laser splash "prisms" or whatever, similar to what I used for the instability inc lasers (first competition, [link]), it could fit with the style.

azan: some pistol, not sure which.
qadar: coalition assault rifle.
zakajj: SMG
iblis: coalition heavy shotgun
shaitan: coalition flamer?
maghreb: coalition heavy sniper rifle
dmol: coalition shot pistol?
sharakh: has some elements of ronin bazooka
walayah: riot shield
diyya: coalition pulse digger
rajh: dummy nailcannon
drop pod is a drop crate :P

That's all I can do off the top of my head, robots have some artifacts of the blackbots I think..

Happy belated birthday.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

Huh... The explosive blade is also from armored core. Almost useless in the game, but if you improve it a tiny bit, then it'll be great for CC.

Somehow, I wanna see the Moonlight in this game... You know, supercharged energy blade of win? Of course, it probably wouldn't look much different from the DSTech Lance.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next