View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 ARH Tiger - Finished(09 Nov 08) - B22 Compatible 

Post Re: ARH Tiger
The Mini is perfect size and it owns all.
It brings the CrusH YOu Powars!

Also: BARREL ROLL!

Attachments:
File comment: BARREL ROLL!!!!
barrel roll!.bmp
barrel roll!.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5492 times ]
Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, like you said, the ARH is the armed recon version of the Tiger. Maybe if you wanted to throw on bigger guns and some armor plates you could have two versions; the full-blown combat version and the ARH edition....

Also; somebody seriously should work on what Teemperor just said, a transport unit that drops guys. I know it sounds exactly like the dropship but you know what I mean, and maybe dropping a custom unit, not just a green clone with SMG.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:54 pm

Teemperor wrote:
Yeah, really good. Thats my favourite mod now!
My Idears:
- Make a second Helicopter with a different name which can drop crates with Heavy Soldier + Smg instead of a MG.
- A bomb/missle for the first Helocopter
- Remove the old cockpit-glass from the Heli and add it as a atachable. Now enemys can shoot at the glass and destroy it and can kill the pilot then. So you didn´t need a rocket launcher for killing him.

-Making a non actor Helicopter would be a lot easier than this I'll tell you that now, working with emissions to keep this thing in the air is hard (at least for me)
-It's on the to do list don't you worry! lol
-Already done that, for the pilot I'm having him eject when the pilot glass is broken, but I'm far from working on that yet...*sigh*

Jackzon47 wrote:
The Mini is perfect size and it owns all.
It brings the CrusH YOu Powars!

Also: BARREL ROLL!

LOL, yeah while testing it out ive done some wierd things on it... If i can get walkpaths working to do left and right movement, then I may be able to get it to do rolls, but it looks doubtful.

AlphaCommando wrote:
Well, like you said, the ARH is the armed recon version of the Tiger. Maybe if you wanted to throw on bigger guns and some armor plates you could have two versions; the full-blown combat version and the ARH edition....

Also; somebody seriously should work on what Teemperor just said, a transport unit that drops guys. I know it sounds exactly like the dropship but you know what I mean, and maybe dropping a custom unit, not just a green clone with SMG.

Yeah what I was actually thinking for my next "realism" mod, if this is ever finished, is have a C-130 do a flyby with custom paratroopers drop out from behind, I'm sure its possible to get the side scrolling action going, and the guys would have parachutes aswell. As I mentioned before though, I doubt that'll come soon, it have too many bugs to work out of this one and complete all the rest of the improvements...

As for bugs, I'll just ask this for anyone who can answer it here... With the delivery system, I have two methods of it working so far, but when the chopper spawns it immeadiately explodes. I've tried upping the gibimpulselimit and impulsedamagethreshold, but I come up fruitless. Also, I can't seem to get the minigun to work on the BGArm. I've set it to one handed and attempted to attach another thing (riot shield for testing) but it still only appears on the FGArm? Any suggestions? After I fix the delivery system I'll post my work so far.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:22 am

No, what I'm saying is YOU CAN BARREL ROLL!!!

Drop your guns, fly left or right, stop using jetpack and hold "Down"

BOOM

I just Kablamed your mind.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 am

Have you thought about making parts of the chopper into attachables? I think it would be pretty cool if you could shoot off pieces of the chopper, same with being able to kill the pilot by sniping him through the cockpit.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 am

Uploaded work so far. Check First Post

Jackzon47 wrote:
No, what I'm saying is YOU CAN BARREL ROLL!!!

Drop your guns, fly left or right, stop using jetpack and hold "Down"

BOOM

I just Kablamed your mind.

Well, I think this version you might have a bit more trouble rolling, but please don't let that stop you! haha

Lambda wrote:
Have you thought about making parts of the chopper into attachables? I think it would be pretty cool if you could shoot off pieces of the chopper, same with being able to kill the pilot by sniping him through the cockpit.

It was mentioned before, the one available now has parts that can be shot off and if you shoot the front window off and the pilot, then the chopper starts flying away like crazy. The things that can be blown off are; Nose panels (in front of the glass), the glass itself, the stabilizing wing on the tail, panels on the side & Side mount, which I think aren't possible to blow off yet cause the main body is interfering with them getting hit, and also the main rotor engine cover.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:33 am

Nachos wrote:
Also, I can't seem to get the minigun to work on the BGArm. I've set it to one handed and attempted to attach another thing (riot shield for testing) but it still only appears on the FGArm? Any suggestions? After I fix the delivery system I'll post my work so far.

I haven't seen your code, but did you set your secondary minigun to the Shields group instead of Weapons? That's the only way I know to allow a weapon on the BGArm.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 am

Comment wrote:
Nachos wrote:
Also, I can't seem to get the minigun to work on the BGArm. I've set it to one handed and attempted to attach another thing (riot shield for testing) but it still only appears on the FGArm? Any suggestions? After I fix the delivery system I'll post my work so far.

I haven't seen your code, but did you set your secondary minigun to the Shields group instead of Weapons? That's the only way I know to allow a weapon on the BGArm.

Oh is that how you do it? I always thought AddToGroup was just for catagorisation in the Buy/Editor Menu rather than giving the device certain properties. I was thinking of using it as HeldDevice, but I didn't know if it would stop working as a weapon, so I didn't get around to trying it.

Edit: I just tried both. Didn't work, so I'm assuming I misunderstood your response. I still want to be able to shoot from the BG Arm with the minigun, and the shoot from teh FG arm with the missiles(when I make them). I guess I could cheat and just make the offset appear near the front, but it would rotate around the side mount, making it look wierd wouldnt it?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 am

Post Re: ARH Tiger - Update(03 Nov 08)
I'd assumed that you equipped the actor by using AddInventory statements in the main actor code (where the body is defined and all other parts are attached to it, if I was vague). If you just stick a one-handed weapon and a shield in using that, the actor should equip them to the proper arms automatically.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:36 am

I tried doing it that way. I guess I'll just leave it for later and get rid of all the smaller problems first. If I get more trouble when I come back to it, I might ask you to have a look at the code to help me if you don't mind.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:11 am

So I guess you didn't put in the:
Code:
OneHanded = 1

Into the code...?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 am

DSMK2 wrote:
So I guess you didn't put in the:
Code:
OneHanded = 1

Into the code...?

That was one of the first things I did.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:33 am

So here is what I do:
Both weapons are "one handed" one of them is in the "shields" group, it cannot be in the "weapons" group, but can be in any other group like "ARH Tiger parts", etc. The other one falls into the "weapons" group.

The one in "shields" group = BG Arm weapon.
The one in "weapons" group = FG Arm weapon.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:41 am

Sweet, that worked! They both fire at the same time, but that isn't a problem. Thanks!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:48 am

saw the gibs you made, i love them but id love them more if there were more sub gibs of the larger particles. it makes the wreckage crumple better on the ground, but it will take more work, so only if you feel like it.
an idea that woulnt be very hard:
make the gunner eject, or jump out (idk if the copter in question has ejection support or not) if the pilot is killed - this means that if they kill your pilot by shooting you through the window you get to keep a guy, who'll be safe from the silly thing zooming off and sploding.
how do to this one:
make the pilot an attachable, the breakwound should be an AEmitter (with suitable offset) that launches a gunner actor (with an attached smoke emitter if hes ejecting). give the pilot attachable a medium gibimpulselimit and gibwoundlimit. make him gib a dead pilot actor with some bullet holes.
the gunner should just eject now from the pilot attachable gibbing when the ship explodes anyway. simple :D
maybe make the gunner's head move when aiming too, as the pilot would be looking where youre going more likely..

and yes, both will fire at the same time, just like using the darklone knife with either of the pistols. thats a shield/weapon error..

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next