View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 ARH Tiger - Finished(09 Nov 08) - B22 Compatible 

Post Re: ARH Tiger - Update(03 Nov 08)
Don't buy chopper in a dropship, cuz it will crash your game when it gibs

[edit]

I am impressed

And now I'm not

Attachments:
Choppa pad.bmp
Choppa pad.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5502 times ]
Still can roll.bmp
Still can roll.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5480 times ]
Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Sorry bout double post, but if you just tap the ground and get stuck, you instantly become terrain.

Look

Attachments:
Lovin' It!.bmp
Lovin' It!.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5494 times ]
Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Jackzon47 wrote:
Sorry bout double post, but if you just tap the ground and get stuck, you instantly become terrain.

Ha! That's what you get for barrel-rolling!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:46 pm

It blows up as soon as it touches anything, and when it explodes, it crashes the game.

EDIT: I managed to correct that simply by adding to the GibImpulse and GibWound limits. It works perfectly now, and to be honest, it's the coolest and freshest thing in my whole collection of mods. The back rotor is a nice touch, and I love how you can break the glass and kill the pilot, resulting in instant termination of the chopper. I also like how the chopper can flip itself when it is stuck in the ground, or laying on its back. The gibs are awesome as well.

Great job!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Would you care if I made a custom pilot sprite for the mod?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Geti wrote:
saw the gibs you made, i love them but id love them more if there were more sub gibs of the larger particles. it makes the wreckage crumple better on the ground, but it will take more work, so only if you feel like it.

I'm not too fussed about making gibs, they're fairly easy especially when the sprite are already there and all i gotta do is split them up

an idea that woulnt be very hard:
make the gunner eject, or jump out (idk if the copter in question has ejection support or not) if the pilot is killed - this means that if they kill your pilot by shooting you through the window you get to keep a guy, who'll be safe from the silly thing zooming off and sploding.
how do to this one:
make the pilot an attachable, the breakwound should be an AEmitter (with suitable offset) that launches a gunner actor (with an attached smoke emitter if hes ejecting). give the pilot attachable a medium gibimpulselimit and gibwoundlimit. make him gib a dead pilot actor with some bullet holes.
the gunner should just eject now from the pilot attachable gibbing when the ship explodes anyway. simple :D

Yes, simple enough, for you! lol. I tried making him eject before as a gib, but even if i set the gib to having team = 0, it wouldn't gib as a controllable player, then I tried gibbing a dropship or a rocket with the player in its inventory, but that just made the game crash. I'll give your suggestion a try though. maybe I've been going about it the wrong way, and thats why it was crashing.

Edit: I finally made a guy gib out without it crashing, woo!!! lol. Now I can implement your emitter thingo for jetpack on a chair action, muhaha.

maybe make the gunner's head move when aiming too, as the pilot would be looking where youre going more likely..

When I was randomly trying to mess with a dummy just before I got into this I somehow made parts which rotated with the head but weren't attached to it, I have no idea how I did it and I have already deleted the .ini file cause it was so messed up. :oops:

and yes, both will fire at the same time, just like using the darklone knife with either of the pistols. thats a shield/weapon error..

Jackzon47 wrote:
Don't buy chopper in a dropship, cuz it will crash your game when it gibs

[edit]

I am impressed

And now I'm not

I fixed the crashing, It was due to having a rocket with the guy in it gib out of one of the glass panels. If you don't want to wait for next update, go into the TigerParts.ini, find this and just get rid of it:

Code:
   AddGib = Gib
      GibParticle = ACRocket
         CopyOf = Pilot Eject
      Count = 1
      Spread = 2.25
      MaxVelocity = 100
      MinVelocity = 50

Unfortunately the chopper will still explode when trying to order it in a dropship, don't know why... maybe it's to do with the randomly attached emitters everywhere?

Also, I think that turning into terrain thing is fixed now, but it's made it a lot harder to kill in general.

Quote:
Would you care if I made a custom pilot sprite for the mod?

It's on the To-Do list. Since I'm not that great at making people actors, with all those crazy walklimbpaths and stuff, I might need someone else to code it for me, or I'm going to have to take the cheap way out and just sprite it with the exact same dimensions and then give it a different strength and cost, lol. If you like though, there's no one stopping you from making the sprites. I'll probably make some sprites of my own as well after I fix everything else.

Anyway, since I've done all my weekend drinking and stuff, I'll hopefully start getting this update much more quickly, that's if I have the coding ability for it.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:28 pm

oh yeah, i think you can attach stuff to the arms and itll rotate wierdly, woot for bug manipulation.
glad to hear you got it gibbing correctly, both the gunner and the thing itself.

just out of interest, is the actor's restthreshold -500? that generally stops things from sticking.
oh, PMing you a request, btw.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:10 am
Profile WWW

Er... Nachos, 90% of actors are exactly the same proportions as the in-game ones. As long as you don't change the height, you can modify the offsets without writing new walkpaths. It's simple man, I've made tonnes of actors and I have no idea how to do atom groups and walkpaths yet!

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 am

Exalion wrote:
Er... Nachos, 90% of actors are exactly the same proportions as the in-game ones. As long as you don't change the height, you can modify the offsets without writing new walkpaths. It's simple man, I've made tonnes of actors and I have no idea how to do atom groups and walkpaths yet!

Ah, fair enough. I just came to the conclusion that actors needed new paths cause I've seen so many people complain about them. That makes things a lot easier for me, Cheers!

Question though, anyone can answer this, regarding missiles for this thing... How do you make it so when you fire them in different directions, they face the right way? At the moment I have a weapon firing an explosive, but the sprite doesnt rotate or face any other direction other than to the right. Do I have to split it up and have the tip of it as the projectile and the tail as an emission or something?

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 am

That's been problem with any sprites like that, since well, as far back as I can remember in CC....Its just a part of the engine at the moment, sprites for missiles (or similar objects) don't change direction. The only way around it at the moment is either making the missile without a sprite or make the missile a homing missile by making it an actor (and I'm not sure if that works anymore since I haven't seen it released recently).

Last edited by AlphaCommando on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am

the standard way it just to use a circle MOSR/MOSP with an attached AEmitter that emits the trail of the missile (make the emissions come out at 0 velocity, and give them pushesemitter = 0 just to be safe) and give the circle a gibimpulselimit of low, so it 'splodes.
there are workarounds, but dont bother.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 am
Profile WWW

Well yeah, but homing missiles are awesome.....and now that I think of it; it still works, just its an apparent pain in the butt to code, and more of an experimental thing.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm

The drone launcher. I think we could consider it a homing missile launcher, in some way.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 pm

The Ripper pack that came out a while ago had one as well. I can see how they work, but the problem is that they're very unpredictable at this point.

Oh, I figured that if I was going to try and give Nachos pointers I might as well download the damn thing. As it stands it's very well-crafted, all that's left to do is just garnish. I half expected the gatling gun to completely destroy whatever I pointed it at, but its power level is much lower than that while still being very satisfying to fire. The only real problems are rolling, which is the engine's fault, and actually getting it onto the battlefield.

Watch out, you'll jack up standards for newbie modders!

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 pm

Update! - Check Main Post

Lol, I'll work on trying to improve the missile system later... That sounds like too much work for me right now >_>...

Anywho, with this next update, getting it onto the battlefield is still hard, I've added a delivery system for it, which, if it doesnt fly away like crazy, will give you you chopper in hopefully a battle ready condition, lol. Also, the pilot eject still needs working on -_-. Still, with those problems there, I've given it a few more gibs, made it a bit strogner which should allows it to be delivery by my crate. Oh and also, the missiles need mor spread and i might made custom explosions/trails but i doub't that will come anytime soon.

Hopefully it's a lot more stable for everyone to enjoy!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next