View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ARH Tiger - Finished(09 Nov 08) - B22 Compatible 

Post Re: ARH Tiger - Update(05 Nov 08)
From hints numgun has dropped, I think that the sprite issue with missiles MAY be fixed next build!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:50 am

The controls on this one are very sluggish, the thing goes nowhere and follows none of my commands, deciding to just float about. However; I love the new missile launcher and delivery system (despite like a 10% success rate...).

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:29 am

Exalion wrote:
From hints numgun has dropped, I think that the sprite issue with missiles MAY be fixed next build!

I really hope so, having a backwards flying missile just doesnt sit right with me, it's like wearing your clothes backwards.
Gord wrote:
I'm the Backwards Man, the Backwards Man, I can run back as fast as you can.

AlphaCommando wrote:
The controls on this one are very sluggish, the thing goes nowhere and follows none of my commands, deciding to just float about. However; I love the new missile launcher and delivery system (despite like a 10% success rate...).

I want to make left and right controls work better for it, by manipulating the walkpath to move an emitter further behind it, allowing it to tilt forward and move, but I have no clue if that's even practical. What I have been doing to move it left and right though is do that barrel roll thing, where you hold left/right and tap the down button enough so it tilts it forward, but not enough to make it do a full roll. As for vertical lift, It should still fly up?
It took me ages messing around with the delivery box just to get it with that chance of success, by changing the rocket weight, exit position and velocity and the helicopters normal weight. I don't know of a good way to resolve it without messing around with only those values.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:03 am

yeah, I noticed the controls were a bit slow and uncooperative.
Also, using the 'swandive' technique (crouching in air and pressing left or right) is a bad idea. that's how you flip it.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 am

Yeah!!! New update!

Missles are nice, the ejecting pilot is a very fun element too. But, one very serious problem. The delivery crate, when dropped down, it becomes partly stuck in whatever terrain it lands on. And when the choppa pops out, it flies to space at 200 something m/s. This makes it impossible to deliver the choppa, better fix that.

Also, maybe detachable landing thrusters or a parachute for the delivery crate? Looks cooler than simply falling.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 am

i managed to damage myself with the missiles so that the pilot jumped out of it while flying and i could still fly.....
guess what i did next.....

i killed the pilot of course HAHAHAhahahahahahahahaha...

to anyone that did not know this:
the heli can pick up weapons if landed at the right position on the ground:
Attachment:
File comment: weee weapons
namnlös.bmp
namnlös.bmp [ 970.15 KiB | Viewed 5149 times ]

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Testing Results

1. As you said above, the Chopper Hanger shoots the chopper at incredible speeds in the air. Funny but it sucks. I didn't know that it already had a chopper in it so when I first used it it shot out like two and wiped out like 10 green clones.

2. When I shoot with missiles and the mini gun, it sorta pushes the chopper back. The kickback is a little too strong.

3. Optional: When you fire, the mini gun and the missiles go off at the same time and in order to have the missiles shoot, you have to click. If you want you can consider having the missiles shoot at timed intervals.

4. Could the clone shoot out with a digger too? When it gibs, I always get stuck under a mountain of gibs.

5. The chopper spins too much when you press "down" and I end up in the ground. Could you also fix that? I'm not exactly sure how that can be fixed though...

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 pm

the fact that the heli CAN pick up weapons made me start to experiment with different weapons.....
ONE thing made me look like this: :shock:

picture:
Attachment:
BOOOM!!!.bmp
BOOOM!!!.bmp [ 962.38 KiB | Viewed 5158 times ]

EDIT: i forgot to say that even if the weapon in the picture is helluva big and helluva powerful the chopper does not react to much from the recoil.....
Pooor kloveskians.....
Attachment:
ScreenDump000.bmp
ScreenDump000.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5110 times ]
Attachment:
ScreenDump001.bmp
ScreenDump001.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5111 times ]

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Post Re: ARH Tiger - Update(05 Nov 08) - v2
Update! - Check Main Post

Hey, I hope this update has fixed most major problems... There's still a few things I'm aware of, and I hope to iron them out as I start working on newer features for it.

Edit: There should be less lag now for anyone with slower computers, yay!!
Editx2: I thought this post covered most questions since my last post, so I can answer them all here.
duo9ace wrote:
Testing Results

1. As you said above, the Chopper Hanger shoots the chopper at incredible speeds in the air. Funny but it sucks. I didn't know that it already had a chopper in it so when I first used it it shot out like two and wiped out like 10 green clones.
-Fixed!

2. When I shoot with missiles and the mini gun, it sorta pushes the chopper back. The kickback is a little too strong.
-That's only due to the missiles, I'll have that fixed for sure in the next release

3. Optional: When you fire, the mini gun and the missiles go off at the same time and in order to have the missiles shoot, you have to click. If you want you can consider having the missiles shoot at timed intervals.
-I can't help that they shoot at the same time, it was sorta discussed when I got help with the dual wielding/opposite hand fix. As for timed missiles, I'm going to keep it as it is because they are precision missiles which require you to aim accurately before shooting.

4. Could the clone shoot out with a digger too? When it gibs, I always get stuck under a mountain of gibs.
-It should be fixed now so the gunner flys out of his cockpit better and avoids getting stuck.

5. The chopper spins too much when you press "down" and I end up in the ground. Could you also fix that? I'm not exactly sure how that can be fixed though...
-The agility of it has been fixed so now you should be able to move left and right better by using the jetpack and aim with the cursor. (It may need further tweaking if there's too many complaints

I might also slow down a bit, I've been working on this a lot today, and I need a break, lol.
Get back to work you slacker!!!

Enjoy!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:31 pm

This mod is ace :) I like it a lot

Also, "extracting files, 666kb"? DEMONCOPTER

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:39 pm

A lot more fun, a lot less buggy, a lot less hard to control. But controlled forward acceleration is still a ♥♥♥♥♥.

Oh and the ejection seat is pure awesome win.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:47 pm

I had mine pick up a judgement cannon from DSTECH....

LOL.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 pm
Banned

HOW THE ♥♥♥♥ DID I MISS THIS? HOLY ♥♥♥♥ THIS IS AWESOME.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 am

Dude how you did so rocket doesnt rotates when it launch . When i worked on some grenade launchers the shoted grenade(or rocket) always rotates . How you did that ?!

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:01 am

he used MOSParticle instead of MOSRotating. i had to reread what you just said for it to make any sense, but now it does. so yes, MOSParticle. (i think)

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next