View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Solace Inc: Supernatural Wing (update 8/9) 

Post Solace Inc: Supernatural Wing (update 8/9)
In our explorations, we have occasionally uncovered things that... defy conventional explanation. These are handled by our Supernatural Wing.

Ah, the classic Goresprayer. Cover large holes or decorate for halloween, this product does it all.

And a compact version for the decorator on the go, also works great as a distraction.

In fact, many procedures result in zombies or zombification... fortunately we have found a use for these cases.

This device summons a zombie... shall we say, rapidly. Harkening back to the olden days when corpses would be catapulted over castle walls, these corpses will rise and attack!

The SuiCrab Launcher is a result of an attempt to create an organic explosive that proved... less than economical to harvest.

The Avalanche Launcher, quickly crush and bury your opposition in any weather.

The Multiball Launcher, the definition of unpredictable. Can be very lethal, fire and get the heck out of the way!

A zombie summoning staff, less energetic than the zombie launcher, but these zombies come armed!

This is... just a regular shotgun. Really. Nothing special about it. So you'll take it, freely, of your own will... right? (It doesn't like me, I can tell. Make sure you never say anything bad about it.)

This is a specimen of the Lesser Reaper... well, we're not sure if it's a species, exactly. It likes nothing better than wafting through the battlefield like a ghost, leaving nothing but destruction in it's wake. In fact, only it's head interacts with matter in our world... possibly so it can properly view it's targets. Also, while the Lesser Reapers lack jetpacks, they make up for it with their wings, which can produce long jumps, glides, or flapping upward.

This is the Hellfire Launcher. I'd explain what it does, but really, the picture tells it all, doesn't it?

This is the Mad Bomber. He's weak but temporarily blows up when damaged. Yes, temporarily; most of the time it survives. The Mad Bomber also possesses a weak jetpack, unlike most zombies.

This unusual specimen from another dimension is deceptively cute, and very dangerous. It must be manually activated (by punching; that makes it mad).

Bullet Bill, a very unusual and very determined denizen of an alternate reality.

Hadoken! You know what this does.

Rub out your enemies with the magic pencil.

Imagination is key to success with the magic chalk.

Attachments:
SSW.rte.rar [979.4 KiB]
Downloaded 1780 times

Last edited by Solace on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:20 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 am

Post Re: Solace Inc: Supernatural Wing
Good to see more wacky weapons!!!

Judging by the images: The zombie staff doesn't look too good. The lesser reaper is a skeleton with wings? Even being a lesser reaper, it doesn't have to look that weak. The hellfire launcher doesn't look that HELL fire either, maybe it's just the images.

I'll DL and test it later, I'm definitely going to test these out.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:04 am

Good to see the undead SInc stuff back.

Effects.ini error, path right at the bottom of the file refering to sinc.rte/images/yellowbig.bmp... easy fix (if you have the bmp from the other SInc mod)

Edit: High quality mod, Good sprites overall though some are recolours (not complaining). Mostly original ideas well implemented, but I could see the novelty wearing off after a while. I found the whole thing horribly unbalanced but that doesn't matter at all (increase reload or fire rate for the super weapons?).

The staff is a very interesting weapon. Very good new sprite. The cursor is offset from the straight line, which I have no idea how you did. New sound which fits, but it's a little plain. Zombies created in the air fly towards you (might be AI at fault). AI refuses to use it (side effect of the cursor offset?).

The hellfire launcher is spectacular and unique (and deadly). The secondary explosions have too large a range, considering that they already scatter across a wide area I'd prefer to see the individual "shrapnel" lifetime drop.

The reaper is a little less creative if i'm honest, but it fits in well with the mods theme. Similar in function to a couple of actors from my dragon species faction (unreleased out of fear :)).

Another note is this mod stands out as particularly fun to play against. Maybe consider including an Activities.ini for those that can't make their own.

I seem to have focused more on the negative, but that's because the good parts are obvious. It just needs some fine tuning. :grin:

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 am

GopherLemming wrote:
Effects.ini error, path right at the bottom of the file refering to sinc.rte/images/yellowbig.bmp... easy fix (if you have the bmp from the other SInc mod)

Ah, sorry, that wasn't supposed to be there anyway... removed. ^^

GopherLemming wrote:
The staff is a very interesting weapon. Very good new sprite. The cursor is offset from the straight line, which I have no idea how you did. New sound which fits, but it's a little plain. Zombies created in the air fly towards you (might be AI at fault). AI refuses to use it (side effect of the cursor offset?).

Actually it's pretty easy to offset the cursor, I just did that so the zombies would be spawned over the ground by default. The zombies are emmitted with 0 velocity, but they do seem to head toward whatever their target is. And... I have no clue why the AI refuses to use it.
Figured it out, it was because of the weird offset, yes. Now the AI uses it! :D Also I gave it a firing animation.

GopherLemming wrote:
The hellfire launcher is spectacular and unique (and deadly). The secondary explosions have too large a range, considering that they already scatter across a wide area I'd prefer to see the individual "shrapnel" lifetime drop.

Aw ok, I toned down the explosions and gave it a longer reload. :P

GopherLemming wrote:
The reaper is a little less creative if i'm honest, but it fits in well with the mods theme. Similar in function to a couple of actors from my dragon species faction (unreleased out of fear :)).

Well the uniqueness is that only the head can get shot, bullets pass right through the body, and also it's scythe; although regular weapons can be shot out of it's hands. Also regular weapons can receive enough impulse to tear it's arm off, but it can still use the scythe. :D

- Oh, and go ahead and post it if you've got some stuff. ^^ Worst that can happen is people don't use it, it's not like you'll get banned for an unpopular mod. :lol:

GopherLemming wrote:
Another note is this mod stands out as particularly fun to play against. Maybe consider including an Activities.ini for those that can't make their own.

Honestly I hadn't thought of it, I only have 1.5 unique actors so far... what would you suggest there?

GopherLemming wrote:
I seem to have focused more on the negative, but that's because the good parts are obvious. It just needs some fine tuning. :grin:

Aww, nothing about the possessed shotgun? :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Post Re: Solace Inc: Supernatural Wing (update 1/27)
lol. funny mod. innovation is win in this. the sui crab was my favorite. funny and wtf.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 am
Profile WWW

I got a self-sustaining population of zombies going because I had a run of Staff-equipped ones which spawned more zombies every time they saw me or an Ork.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:48 pm

I love these. The zombie weapons are really amazing. I'm not sure that I really agree with making them "rogue" though. Doesn't give the "undead army" feel. Same with the crabs; they have a tendency to brainhunt and walk away from the enemy.

The lesser reaper is amazing. That glide/flap wing-jetpack is just right. beautiful. (as beautiful as an undead black-winged beastie can be, that is :P )

Hmm... This mod has such good zombies/undead stuff, that it would be good with only undead stuff. To be honest, the crab launcher and avalanche gun seem out of place. How about undead crabs? Black ice that crushes WITH MALICE! (and makes your car slide off the road)

This also demands a scene. Zombie Defence from the zombies perspective has a nice ring to it, no?

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:11 pm

The possessed shotgun is the most fun suicide weapon ever...
It probably needs a description though...
Something in the way of "A perfectly normal shotgun. *Cough*... *Hack*Cough*Hack*Dead*"

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 pm
Profile WWW

Hey, it only kills you if you don't run away from the ghost... or shoot it too near a wall... or if you're unlucky...

Thoughtprocess wrote:
I love these. The zombie weapons are really amazing. I'm not sure that I really agree with making them "rogue" though. Doesn't give the "undead army" feel. Same with the crabs; they have a tendency to brainhunt and walk away from the enemy.

Hm, I just felt it was kinda cheatingy if they didn't have some drawback... 'sides, being able to make the staff-zombies shoot at you can be useful.

Thoughtprocess wrote:
Hmm... This mod has such good zombies/undead stuff, that it would be good with only undead stuff. To be honest, the crab launcher and avalanche gun seem out of place. How about undead crabs? Black ice that crushes WITH MALICE! (and makes your car slide off the road)

Hehe, how can you tell if a crab is undead or not? Being composed of explosive organic tissue at least qualifies it as a mutant crab... and I personally think that much snow appearing midair counts as supernatural at least, if not precicely zombie-y. :P

Thoughtprocess wrote:
IThis also demands a scene. Zombie Defence from the zombies perspective has a nice ring to it, no?

You mean a zombie bunker assault? The fun part of zombies is that they mob, and being one guy in a mob kinda takes the fun out of a fps3ps(?). :P

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Solace wrote:
you mean a zombie bunker assault?

No, more like a zombie bunker defense, like the zombies are guarding some ancient artifact...

This is Artefacteur, a Zombie Shaman Staff. It menaces with spikes of feather. It is adorned with rings of exceptionally-worked human bone. It is engraved with a masterful image of Artefacteur, the Zombie Shaman Staff...

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:01 am

Have you made any progress on that sacrifice weapon?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:34 am

CandleJack wrote:
Have you made any progress on that sacrifice weapon?

Try firing the Possessed Shotgun a few times....

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:23 am
Profile WWW

Ah, no, he means a different sort that was his idea and I said sounded good... unfortunately I tend to code in a "as the mood hits me" way, and right now I'm working on an actor (for the regular SInc)... and yeah, I do still planning on making the sacrifice thing eventually...

EDIT: Image

Last edited by Solace on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 am

A bit of a warning -- you have two identical PresetName's: "Zombie Shaman".
It appears to be working (how, I don't know; the zombie with the staff is defined after the staff) but it may cause problems later.

Speaking of Zombie Shamans, it would be cool if they were buyable. Then you could start with a zombie army!

EDIT: Oh, also please turn the summoned zombies/crabs to AIMode = 2 (Patrol) so that they don't automatically hunt your brain. They'll still be hostile to both (all) teams.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 am

That's how you make recursive things, you have to define one of them twice. The game just uses the last definition when it's run, so all the first definition serves is so the game doesn't throw an error assuming there's nothing called a "Zombie Shaman" because it hadn't gotten to it yet. Actually all I needed was to give it a name, I just gave it the rest to test the looks before I made the staff. The only reason I didn't make them buyable was... except for the headpiece, it's just a fat zombie with a staff... I guess I can add it back though. :P

About the AIMode, I didn't know about that, thanks. :D

EDIT:
Thoughtprocess wrote:
It is adorned with rings of exceptionally-worked human bone.

Also a chicken skull! :D Maybe that should be the mag. :lol:

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next