View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Solace Inc: Supernatural Wing (update 8/9) 

Post Re: Solace Inc: Supernatural Wing (update 1/27)
Coalition Soldier is in a Fell Mood.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:11 pm

So. Many. Mac errors. o_e

It seems you switched between / and \ any time you pleased when you made this. Just picking one would be convenient.

I love the Reaper. Definitely one of my new favourite Units. The flapping of the wings just feels so.... right, as someone said.

Can't say much for the rest of the pack though. I want to use the staff but that was borked badly and I couldn't fix it. Love tho ghostly effects in that Shotgun though.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 pm

Make the zombies summoned by the staff HitsMOs = 0 so they don't crush each other.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 pm

CandleJack wrote:
Make the zombies summoned by the staff HitsMOs = 0 so they don't crush each other.

No, don't. Zombies are expert brain wrestlers. There's nothing much more satisfying than watching a Coalition squad be trampled and squashed by hordes of zombies.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:58 pm

They crush each other trying to get up.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 am

I love the reapers for their collision and wing system, also the possessed shotgun. Oh, and maybe you could make a gun that opens portals to hell that spew out rouge reapers and zombie shamans that would be amazing, also I have never seen a giant organic besides those over-sized clones zalo made, maybe you could make the first giant demon that could take crazy amounts of punishment, bleeding out of about 50 wounds before crashing to the ground and that portal could also unleace one or two of them as-well. I don't know, I am not demanding anything, I just have this head full of all these ideas!

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:22 am

He's only shown us the lesser Reaper.
I get tingly thinking about the implied Greater Reaper.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:25 am

This and that other pack.
These are how packs SHOULD be made.
Innovative, varied, creative, and most of all COOL!

:grin:

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:03 am
Profile WWW

Shapeshifters wrote:
Oh, and maybe you could make a gun that opens portals to hell that spew out rouge reapers and zombie shamans that would be amazing, also I have never seen a giant organic besides those over-sized clones zalo made, maybe you could make the first giant demon that could take crazy amounts of punishment, bleeding out of about 50 wounds before crashing to the ground and that portal could also unleace one or two of them as-well.

Sounds familiar: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11528
Check the bombs section.

I finally checked out the possessed shotgun and :oops: tested the reaper properly (instead of just a 2 minute trial). Both great and I can't really suggest any improvements. The reaper is much better then I implied in my last post though it would be better with a new sprite (perhaps a traditional look: a skeleton wearing a cloak? Keep the wings).

I also noticed the fix on the staff (along with the other changes). It's a shame that the AI can't be set to use it randomly, without targets...

Edit: I did have an idea involving the AI using the staff in the same fashion as a digger, but I can't see any difference in the code of a tool vs a gun other then addtogroup so I have no idea how the AI decides how to use use tools (or guns)

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:56 am

GopherLemming wrote:
It's a shame that the AI can't be set to use it randomly, without targets...

Hey Solace, what if you made the staff emit invisible non-team-5 actors so that they would make zombies "without a target."

Man, that god-awful diving AI really screws things up. Zombies should have no fear! Shamans should be summoning undead hordes rather than cowering on the ground in terror! But that's not your fault.

Hamburgler wrote:

I'm thinking that that's an allusion to the Reaper, that is, death.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Sooo with the AI thing (that works pretty well), I'm putting my SInc update on hold while I work out a few things for this... and to answer some of the many people who are nice about my mod ( :) ):

Thoughtprocess wrote:
No, don't. Zombies are expert brain wrestlers. There's nothing much more satisfying than watching a Coalition squad be trampled and squashed by hordes of zombies.

Plus, if there wasn't some population control this would be pretty dang unbalanced. And nice side effect: zombie death pits! :D

Shapeshifters wrote:
also I have never seen a giant organic besides those over-sized clones zalo made, maybe you could make the first giant demon that could take crazy amounts of punishment, bleeding out of about 50 wounds before crashing to the ground!

Yeah I actually had thought of powerful organic actors (everyone looks to robots when they want to make kickass stuff), but... my spriting skills are not amazing and I'm still newish at the coding, so probably not gonna happen for a few months at least. :P

Thoughtprocess wrote:
GopherLemming wrote:
It's a shame that the AI can't be set to use it randomly, without targets...

Hey Solace, what if you made the staff emit invisible non-team-5 actors so that they would make zombies "without a target."

Well the only problem there is that the regular zombies would be firing wildly into the air instead of attacking too...

Thoughtprocess wrote:
Hamburgler wrote:

I'm thinking that that's an allusion to the Reaper, that is, death.

Yeah, that was what I was going for... but Hamburgler gave me a cool idea, so maybe eventually there will be another type of reaper.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 pm

<3

Someone on seeing the pix for B22 before it was out wondered (aloud of course) if the fat belly would explode when shot at, allowing entrails, organs, and lots of blood to spill out. That idea coupled with some extra longevity would make a good heavy unit for this mod. Imagine the grizzly breakwound! I might make a demo of that myself...

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Mmmm that'd go perfectly with the actor I was working on... dunno what to do, I separated SInc and SSW for a reason (balance and CC-theme), but there's just some things (like the guy who's not done and the meat shield) that really fit nicely in both...

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Do you think it would be possible to make a gun drain the health of the user?

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Depends what you mean... it can shoot you but most actors have a lower gibwoundlimit than their actual hp (which I've always found weird), or it can be kinda like a reverse medpack (was my first idea for your cursed weapon, but I think now I'm gonna take the basic idea a different way). I don't think it can just give you - a few hp without wounding you, though.

EDIT: Also, if you do that and you use two at once it crashes the game, so it's gotta kill you with one use and do it pretty fast.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next