View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Lua Guns - last update: 31.08.09 

Post Re: Lua Guns
Flammablezombie wrote:
You can just attach an invisible actor to it, that is programmed via lua to not generate a loss upon death, that has an also-invisible lasergun! Make it Shook's killer laser, for no terrain rape, because only human players would know to drill through the earth to get a player on the other side.
-_-" Actors fired from a gun do not generate a loss in most circumstances. This is one of the 'most'.

Sun May 03, 2009 2:15 am
Profile WWW

Random idea-

Homing missile, but it's incredibly inaccurate. And instead of just flying around the enemy, it shoots lasers at it.
EDIT: I should really read before I post.

*headdesk*

Last edited by 3 solid on Sun May 03, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 03, 2009 1:31 pm

The Cling Clang wrote:
Maybe a proper med-kit?

Hail you if you make
THIS

Sun May 03, 2009 2:10 pm

big red bunker moduel called "the end".
step on this, and everything but the backround and mos dissaperes. exept whoevers on the button everyone dies. also one that turns off gravty when you shoot it!

Sun May 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
411570N3 wrote:
Flammablezombie wrote:
You can just attach an invisible actor to it, that is programmed via lua to not generate a loss upon death, that has an also-invisible lasergun! Make it Shook's killer laser, for no terrain rape, because only human players would know to drill through the earth to get a player on the other side.
-_-" Actors fired from a gun do not generate a loss in most circumstances. This is one of the 'most'.

It still would work!

Sun May 03, 2009 2:42 pm

piipu wrote:
I wont do it.

This.
A med kit that only gives health is easy to do but also a bit useless. Healing wounds etc. is either not possible or would need gibbing the actor.
A shield that would deflect any bullets a bit before they hit would be cool I think. And a grenade that gibs a bunch of sharp particles that swarm the nearest actor. I'll do them when I feel like it.

Sun May 03, 2009 2:52 pm

You could do a medkit that removes actor that used it and spawns a new one at the same place.
Also this could be a great CC collab.
If modders made lua mods and put them in the same scene.

Sun May 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
But then the brain couldn't use it.

Sun May 03, 2009 7:51 pm

That's the method I meant when I said gibbing it is necessary. And it would work with brains, I think, because it would be respawned before the game notices anything.

Sun May 03, 2009 8:20 pm

I got a bit bored and mixed the missiles and the vortex together creating the vortex missile. gif:Image
I'll release this maybe tomorrow, it's still a bit rough around the edges. I'll propably throw in some sort of an medkit too, but not likely a wound-removing one.
Also, I thought I would remove the SMRL and the LMRL since they're so alike the swarmer, but worse.
Edit: released, lol

Fri May 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Post Re: Lua Guns -vortex missile added-
And boy is it fun to mess with. I integrated this with zombie cave, I've never had so much fun in my LIFE.

Fri May 08, 2009 10:47 pm

I love how the gibs are sucked back to the vortex :D That's so cool.

Fri May 08, 2009 11:44 pm
Profile WWW

kiberkiller wrote:
The Cling Clang wrote:
Maybe a proper med-kit?

Hail you if you make
THIS

I made a medkit in BW, thanks to Piipu and Mail2345 for the coding.
I decided to call it a "Reconstructor" kit instead, because it takes in an actor and turns him into mush (gibs him) and then leaves(sort of "rebuilds" from that sacrificed mush) a new actor behind. It also removes any weapons you were carrying so you need to leave those to the side while youre healing yourself.

A very balanced concept overall.

----

Also vortex missile is super epic. When B23 comes, all these awesome guns can be ported to work independantly on any scene.

Btw that SRM could use better homing capabilities imo.

Sat May 09, 2009 11:19 am

Yeah, I agree that the SRML sucks a bit and the effects are somewhat ugly. I started doing sprites for these, I have one pretty much ready for the vortex gun and ideas for the other guns. Also, I seem to have forgotten my gravity shield in the pack. It's excatly like the vanilla shield. I hope you can live with it.

Sat May 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Post Re: Lua Guns -B23-
Made the B23 version already. Bettered the homing code, tweaked the stuff overall a bit and removed the SRML due to it being a bit useless and a lot broken. Hehe, this is the first B23 mod now.

Wed May 13, 2009 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next