View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 ***Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries!*** 

Post Re: ***Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries!***
Butbutbut gibs are part of Cortex! I can see why you wouldn't want them, but it seems weird to drop down in a big fudge metal box and expect it to completely vaporize itself harmlessly. If it's as beefy as it is, I think the drop pod should shatter into some chunky gibs.

Wed May 20, 2009 1:50 am
Profile WWW

OH HELL YES!!!
Exalent job numgun this is just simply awesome. It's like everything you touch violently cumbusts into a firery explosion of pure gold filled goodness. Do you ever cease to amaze me. :hat:

Wed May 20, 2009 1:53 am

Subiw wrote:
Butbutbut gibs are part of Cortex! I can see why you wouldn't want them, but it seems weird to drop down in a big fudge metal box and expect it to completely vaporize itself harmlessly. If it's as beefy as it is, I think the drop pod should shatter into some chunky gibs.

I think no gibs is the way to go with the drop pod. as stated before, it would only end up harming your actor and cluttering up space. with a mod that only has that one method of delivery i would like it to be as clean and safe as possible.

If this mod had a dropship then yes, i would expect gibs from the drop pod. you see where im going?

Wed May 20, 2009 2:01 am

Well, pretty freaking sweet dood. Two gripes though. One) I still think that shook's blackhole is better. That's just me though. Two)The pusher thingy is....well kinda useless. I can't see any difference between it and the vanilla repeller. Maybe I'm just using it wrong.

But overall, fantastic mod. I absolutely love the sprites.

Wed May 20, 2009 2:19 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I love this, the flamethrower's fire fwooshes the enemy, the railgun instantly gibs the target, the bombs are fun, and the other guns are great!

The Single Use Reconstructor doesn't always fix it's targets...

Wed May 20, 2009 2:43 am

Holy moly, there is an overwhelming amount of
content is this one. Especially with the maps.

It also takes forever to load, but I bet it will be cool.

Wed May 20, 2009 2:51 am
Profile WWW

Nice mod for when you just feel like slaughtering everything with a randomly selected superweapon. Lightning gun is one of the most fun weapons I've used recently. I like how much content is here, but there's so little overlap in niches: Although there's something like four shotguns, each one handles differently enough that choosing between them actually makes a difference.

Primary complaint at this point is that some weapons and grenades have serial numbers instead of names. When some guy's bearing down on me, the last thing I need is to have to look at my military-flavoured LRA12 and M67OT and try to remember which will blow up and kill him, and which will accelerate his bullets and kill me. Although I guess that may be awful mnemonic skills on my part.

Wed May 20, 2009 2:56 am

Comment's criticism is spot on, especially with the grenades. Having to memorize what each set of seemingly random characters will do is a little too much to ask from a player. Good work makes it clear. I'm not arguing that this isn't good work, because it really is, but that's something that wouldn't be very hard to change and would help the player out substantially. I give it an A- overall in its own context. In the context of how it was hyped (with game-modes and everything else) i give it a B, because i was a disappointed that these things weren't included in the first release.

Another thing: this keeps crashing my game on the small maps. I don't know why or how. I'm not running any other mods and using standard activities. That might be of some diagnostic use.

Wed May 20, 2009 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I must seriously suck at this, I die before kill 25, and even the Single Use Rebuilder kills me.

Wed May 20, 2009 3:51 am

The Strike pod crashes our game.
it crashes right as it appears at the top of the map when we order it.
We are also playing on a mac. Is this only happening to me?

Also, my little brother and his friend have been playing CC together over the internet using iChat's screen share function. just thought that I'd let you guys know. They live about 2 miles away.

Wed May 20, 2009 5:31 am

FPS?

Wed May 20, 2009 5:46 am

Another bit I'd like to add: the shells don't rotate at all. With slow-firing weapons like the sniper it isn't that apparent, but it really starts bugging me when they fly out of the M50 and hit the ground without rotating from the horizontal position.

Wed May 20, 2009 5:52 am
Profile WWW

A small tip for a cool survival gamemode:

1. Start skirmish on any difficulty and load a map with the BW_ prefix.
2. Place a mercenary hero and start.

Survive as long as you can and try to kill as much as possible. ;)

Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 am

Sitting in the safe tower in BW_Acrobat and chucking nades out the hole is fun.

Wed May 20, 2009 7:59 am

After reading the nice 4 pages of comments I'm a little discusted at most of you.
Especially for the pickyness of random crap and complaining ungratefully for some aspects of the mod like alot of maps/guns.

This mod is massive and I put alot of time and effort to make it happen
and I used tons of free time to perfect it and make it really fun and awesome.
Some things some you complained about are either irrevelant, impossible or even just retarded.

Please people, first play the mod fully and carefully and enjoy it. Dont play it like a fudge experiment and then come nitpicking about random crap.
I shared this mod so you people you could have with it like I do, but in your own way, not some perverted rating.

I thank you people that complimented and actually enjoyed the mod as it is. :)

Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next