View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 ***Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries!*** 

Post Re: ***Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries!***
After reading the nice 4 pages of comments I'm a little discusted at most of you.
Especially for the pickyness of random crap and complaining ungratefully for some aspects of the mod like alot of maps/guns.

This mod is massive and I put alot of time and effort to make it happen
and I used tons of free time to perfect it and make it really fun and awesome.
Some things some you complained about are either irrevelant, impossible or even just retarded.

Please people, first play the mod fully and carefully and enjoy it. Dont play it like a fudge experiment and then come nitpicking about random crap.
I shared this mod so you people you could have with it like I do, but in your own way, not some perverted rating.

I thank you people that complimented and actually enjoyed the mod as it is. :)

Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 am

IT CAME OH JEAHH

Wed May 20, 2009 9:31 am

numgun wrote:
a little discusted
A little?
Okay, here's my take on your current point of view.

You have made a mod, investing large amounts of effort into it.
A long interval later you dig up said mod and invest even more effort into it.
At all points along, people constantly pressure you into working more.
You are soon to leave for the army.
To pacify said hordes of people you release the massive mod invested with ridiculous amounts of work before you have to leave.
People complain about, amongst all things: the inclusion of activities, the blind fire feature, the lack of "dozens of" missions when it was clearly stated missions would be added later, too many maps, too many weapons, minor spriting details, similarity to a B23 weapons when this came first.

Read that last one again. That's right, people are complaing about too much content. The inventor of logic is turning in his prehistoric pit analogue to a grave.

I'd be significantly more than a little bit disgusted if I were you... -_-"

Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 am
Profile WWW

I actually really love the blind-fire feature (if only it was less accurate, but that's being nitpicky to the extreme), gives a 1-on-1 match a tactical feel, you can tlke light weapons and go for cover or stand in the open with your uber-minigun and be exposed to getting your brain perforated. So far standing in the open is working for me but that's because my roomate seems to forget what cover it...

On that note my favorite gun has to be the portable artillery cannon, allows you to hit people behind cover and is in general a very nasty surprise in a firefight.

I don't see how people can complain about too much content, I mentioned the multiple maps being soemwhat cluttering but that was more of a observation than a complaint.

In all awesome mod (now that I have played it alot) the weapons are plentiful yet all different and this deathmatch style fight is awesome for some player vs. player games.

Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 am
Moderator Hero

I really like the style Nummy, very carefully made and REALLY fun to play - I just seem to be getting quite a few crashes, but I put that down to B23-related bugs, not the mod itself.

And all you haters - Numgun hasn't put THAT much in for gods sake, it's not that hard to comprehend and deal with.

Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 am

Personally, I don't know what's wrong with this.
TOO MANY GUNS IS BAD?! What is wrong with you guys?!
And the too many maps... I don't see how that can be a problem. I mean, they appear AFTER all the other maps, so you can still pick one of the original CC maps easily. Or you can just comment the new ones out, for Christ's sake.
And what's wrong with the Activities? I don't get it...

I've been a fan of Ballistic Weapons in UT2k4 for some time now, so I simply love this mod. It feels unique, but it's still Ballistic weapons.
My favourite weapon is the SRS 9000 battle rifle... rapid-firing sniper? YES, PLEASE!

Anyway, numgun, I salute you! Have a truck full of cookies!

Wed May 20, 2009 11:21 am

Talk about crashing btw, I get that too sometimes.
I reckon it could be something to do with the teleporters, the way they work, is they use a Lua table to gather all available teleporters on them. Maybe during the game the teleporter table has its addresses somehow messed up that it generates a crash.

Another very wierd thing with the teleporters is that a few times I've teleported next to an oil barrel or a launchpad when there was no teleport there to begin with.

Anyone that knows Lua, can you please check the Lua code for the teleporter module.
There might be something wrong with it, or then its something that the CC engine itself breaks.

The file is located in BW.rte/Maps/ directory. Teleporter.Lua is the file name.

Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 am

Well, I said I'd comment a few hours ago, so here goes:
Outstanding job! The weapons are all great, each very unique and very fun to use. (I love the pistols, especially the laser pistol) The sprites are great and very well detailed. The actor looks great, very nicely drawn and coded. I love the way it dies. The maps are very well detailed, I love the "Jumpzone" style maps. This is one really great mod.
About the Lua, if you don't have a coder yet, why don't you do what you did with the modules. Post a topic with a description of the script and have people contribute small snippets of code.

Once again, Great job!

[/BigMessOfRunOnSentences]

Wed May 20, 2009 12:12 pm
Profile WWW

That was the plan pretty much and I just finished up the new topic:
Skilled Lua coders, please check this out!

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14809

Wed May 20, 2009 12:31 pm

When you said 'survival mode', Numgun, I thought to myself, "I'm one step ahead of him"

I've been having an absolute blast using only the Mercenary Hero on the no-gravity map (forget the name). I just love getting the lightening gun on that map because after killing somone (which explodes) all of his guts and gore go everywhere! After even a couple minutes of playing I feel like I'm swimming through hell itself! Awsome! I haven't yet faced other mercenarys yet so that'll be twice as fun I'm sure/

Wed May 20, 2009 12:36 pm

I added two tutorials for making maps on the OP.
They are also included with the mod in BW.rte.
Check them out and make some arenas of your own!

ITS REALLY EASY, TRY IT! :D

Wed May 20, 2009 12:41 pm

I tried this yesterday. My initial response was, "It's an actor with a weapon. What the heck," but then I played with said actor on one of the maps along with the sniper rifle. Boom, this is awesome. I love the dispensers and jump pads. It added a neat element where you're flying through the air and hoping you don't ram into the wall and die or get crushed by an enemy. My only complaint is, despite the mod's abbreviation, BWing is pretty much impossible. I try to do it all the time and somehow, it's always my head that explodes. Aside from that, good job and good luck.

Wed May 20, 2009 12:48 pm

I just said im gonna wait XD

Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Konn wrote:
I just said im gonna wait XD

The script might take a couple of weeks and maybe even upto months to make,
depending how fast and how skilled help I'm gonna get.

You can basicly play deathmatch against a friend. Just select skirmish and every player will place a mercenary hero anywhere on the map.

Or you can enable the respawners Geti made. They are found in the BW.rte/Maps/Index.ini by removing the // from the respawners line.

I didnt entirely understand how they work, but I figured you must first place brains somewhere hidden on the map and then place some respawners for both teams on the map and then play.

Wed May 20, 2009 1:24 pm

So, uh, gonna rename the grenades? Would just make them more useful, like the slow field device getting its appropriate name.

Wed May 20, 2009 1:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next