View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 LFoW's Remastered Modules and Prefabs - Updated 02-21-10 

Post LFoW's Remastered Modules and Prefabs - Updated 02-21-10
Help yourself to another scoop of Vanilla.
I'm working on releasing some old stuff I've had lying around for a few builds. I'll be releasing more as I find it (I'm bad about saving stuff in one place) and as I progress.
I'm not doing anything super original, as I like the vanilla modules, so I ask you keep criticism to a minimum regarding my originality.
All of the modules below align perfectly to the grid and require no individual movement to line up with the current vanilla tiles.

The first couple modules I wanted to redo were the Brain Vault and the Rocket Silo.
These two modules more than any of the current vanilla ones are old and still have yet to match the "theme" of the current tiles.

Remastered Brain Vaults (Left and Right):
I have no plans to add a door, but if someone wants to give me the FG,BG and MAT files for a vertical sliding door that matches vanilla content and isn't huge, I'd be happy to add it in. These both still spawn brains.

Remastered Rocket Silo:
Three things bother me about the vanilla Rocket Silo:
1) It's asymmetrical.
2) It doesn't match the rest of the bunker tiles.
3) It still isn't wide enough. Rockets could be flown through it, but I like some room.
I fixed all of those problems and I like the result. I plan on making custom 96 pixel wide modules to allow for extending the top exit of the silo for those who like their silo deep underground.

This next module is another I made to fill a role which currently isn't filled in vanilla well, the guard tower.
Heavy Guard Tower:
I smashed some parts of the tutorial roof thing and edited it around and I think it turned out nicely.
Two bodies are able to easily move in and out of cover here, and a script by Grif will keep your snipers inside while you're not controlling them!

My next module I'm going to release at the moment is a Prefab that I never got around to releasing. It combines mostly vanilla modules with the tower shown above and a hangar.
Instant Base #1:
A simple base that can be easily modified for a brain room, storage, etc. A good central piece or standalone if you just want a quick and dirty base.

UPDATE #1: Silo Shaft!

Silo Shaft Extension:
This module matches the remastered Rocket Silo. It has many uses though. In the top left it is used to double wall a regular vanilla shaft, on the right it perfectly fits the tutorial bunker roof thing, and in the middle it's pictured extending the Rocket Silo shaft.

I will update with more later. It's been awhile since I've done anything with CC and I'm finding my way around again.

UPDATE #2:
Woops, totally forgot about these until someone PM'd me about them. I've gone ahead and added the long overdue Silo Shaft, as well as the Guard Tower Lua that keeps your men IN the tower when you are not controlling them!

UPDATE #3:
PhantomAGN informed me that I mistakenly did not add the coding for the Silo Shaft. I have fixed this problem and implemented the Drop Pod Base and the current progress of the And-A-Half modules to the file.

Drop Pod Base:
A prefab mini-base that comes with a Brain Vault, attached door to a Heavy Tower, and a Drop Pod mechanism designed for quickly deploying units safely on the field! Simply drop the pod into the left shaft and it teleports safely to the other shaft and ends up already on the field! Will be updated to line up to the grid.

And-A-Half Modules:
Requested by Grif, these modules are 120x120 px, a 1.5x size improvement allowing 72 px of space vs. the 48 allowed by vanilla modules. They keep to the vanilla module theme and line up to grid perfectly.

CREDITS:
LowestFormOfWit: Spriting, coding, mostly everything, etc.
Grif: The guard tower Lua, and request for 1.5x modules.
Data/Prom/Etc: The awesome look of vanilla modules.

VERSION HISTORY:
06-13-09: Initial Release
07-13-09: Silo Shaft Preview added.
02-21-10: Silo Shaft finally added along with Guard Tower Lua. Woops!
04-07-10: Silo Shaft actually added, Drop Pod Base, And-A-Half 120x120 px Modules Added!

Attachments:
File comment: V1.00 - Initial Release (OLD)
Prefabs.rte.rar [265.89 KiB]
Downloaded 1546 times
File comment: V2.00 - Silo Shaft Added (No different than V1.00 it seems...)
Prefabs.rte.rar [282.58 KiB]
Downloaded 735 times
File comment: V2.10 - Silo Shaft ACTUALLY Added, Drop Pod Base, And-A-Half Modules WIP Added! (NEWEST!)
Prefabs.rte.rar [731.84 KiB]
Downloaded 2009 times

Last edited by LowestFormOfWit on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 am, edited 10 times in total.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Post Re: Remastered Modules, Prefabs, Brain Vaults that face Right!
well done :grin:
the first 2 arnt that great imo, but the tower should be used in the main game!

Last edited by lafe on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:26 pm

The first two modules are just me redoing the existing Brain Vault and Rocket Silo to match the rest of the modules. They are going to look boring still, except now they match the theme of the other bunker modules, and they now line up properly.

Oh and you might get yelled at by someone for quoting me with all the images again. Might want to remove it. :-o

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:30 pm

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
The first two modules are just me redoing the existing Brain Vault and Rocket Silo to match the rest of the modules. They are going to look boring still, except now they match the theme of the other bunker modules, and they now line up properly.

Oh and you might get yelled at by someone for quoting me with all the images again. Might want to remove it. :-o

thanks, i keep doing that.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Not bad.
What do you plan on doing next?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

Check in the Grif.rte folder of the BMCP B23 conversion, it's got a working brain vault/tunnel door taken directly from vanilla sprites.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Good job! Make more useful modules please, they are very nice.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:14 pm

411570N3 wrote:
Not bad.
What do you plan on doing next?

Probably extended silo shaft modules, and then the brain vault doors now that I might be able to work one in. After that I'll probably take requests as well as search for other things in my old files that might be of use.

Dal wrote:
Check in the Grif.rte folder of the BMCP B23 conversion, it's got a working brain vault/tunnel door taken directly from vanilla sprites.

Thanks, I know someone made it, but I figured it either was old or unconverted. I'll go check on it.

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Good job! Make more useful modules please, they are very nice.

Thank you! Although visually they aren't stunning it does take a bit of work. The rocket silo background especially gave me trouble being A) Asymmetrical and B) Not detailed in the slightest. Major Frankensteining.

I'll release more as I work on them. In the meantime, feel free to put down ideas for other modules you'd like to see remastered, or rough sketchings for prefab bases.

Sidenote: If anyone has a quick way to find out door offsets for modules I would love to know. Photoshop CS4 has a pixel grid, but I have CS3 at the moment *fumes*.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Post Re: LFOW's Remastered Modules and Prefabs - Updated
Could you make an Elevator?(i mean a elevator to lift you inside the cabin to lower level n upper level)i know it will be hard but is usefull(conveyours are laggy and cant go back if laced in 1 place) and if it could be breakable like your inside and it RANDOMLY breaks(or shooten) and also it can be based on door sistem(doors go up and down so it could be enterable door)!

If you dont like my request just make a 1 long stair going down and going up! :)

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Elevators aren't really possible last I checked. The problem being that anything moveable is an actor, and when actors collide with each other (try to balance a clone on top of a rocket and you'll see), bad things happen. Gibs, shot off in random directions, or just falling through.

The best attempt at an elevator would be a modified rocket that was locked in place (borrowing from the Rocket Dock Bunker module) and could also move up and down in regular intervals. Actors could board the "elevator" like a rocket and go up and down.

If this is even possible (last I checked it wasn't in B21/22), it would be rather hard to code and certainly not something I'd be capable of myself.

Another idea would be to use two modified tractor beams (from dropship or rocket doors) at either end of the elevator shaft that could be turned on or off, so that you could get sucked up or sucked down to the right floor.

Larger stairs however, I can do.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Or you could make a elevator with an actor that toggles the direction when it fires it's weapon.
Lua based, and only iterating though actors.

Translation:
Invisible guy, that when it fires a weapon, triggers the door.

If you want to get really hackish, fire MO rays from the multiple positions from the elevator and elevate the RootMO.

Translation:
A MO ray is a thing that checks for an MO(MOs are all objects in cortex command that move). If the MO ray hits something, elevate it's parent actor/or what ever it's attached to or it's self if no attached.

Since most actors have feet around 8 px across, if you want to be safe, fire MO rays from every 6 pixels, to a position about 2 px above.

Translation:
Check at every 6 pixels if something if at 2 or less pixels above. If so, levitate the thing.

Last edited by mail2345 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Well ok i knew i would hear that answer !The stairs however should be a pair of 45 degrees(up,down) and a pair of 50 degrees(up down)!And 1 thing the stairs shoud be as long as
2 of normal stairs!Just with no straight walks at the end of each stair

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:14 pm

mail2345 wrote:
Or you could make a elevator with an actor that toggles the direction when it fires it's weapon.
Lua based, and only iterating though actors.

Translation:
Invisible guy, that when it fires a weapon, triggers the door.

If you want to get really hackish, fire MO rays from the multiple positions from the elevator and elevate the RootMO.

Translation:
A MO ray is a thing that checks for an MO(MOs are all objects in cortex command that move). If the MO ray hits something, elevate it's parent actor/or what ever it's attached to or it's self if no attached.

Since most actors have feet around 8 px across, if you want to be safe, fire MO rays from every 6 pixels, to a position about 2 px above.

Translation:
Check at every 6 pixels if something if at 2 or less pixels above. If so, levitate the thing.

I've put an elevator possibilities thread up.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=15356
This is a good post to add to it.

androit wrote:
Well ok i knew i would hear that answer !The stairs however should be a pair of 45 degrees(up,down) and a pair of 50 degrees(up down)!And 1 thing the stairs shoud be as long as
2 of normal stairs!Just with no straight walks at the end of each stair

Might I ask what the set of 50 degree stairs is for..?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:18 pm

sometimes when making a bunker some modules how do i say that ''Pop Out'' of ground because i cant place them right!If i place them underground noone could enter them(stairs are too tall and short)and if they above the ground it ruins tactics of the game AND the overal lok of the bunker PLUS everyone wil agree that a pair of long ranged 50 and 45 degree stairs is usefull sometimes!

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 pm

androit wrote:
sometimes when making a bunker some modules how do i say that ''Pop Out'' of ground because i cant place them right!If i place them underground noone could enter them(stairs are too tall and short)and if they above the ground it ruins tactics of the game AND the overal lok of the bunker PLUS everyone wil agree that a pair of long ranged 50 and 45 degree stairs is usefull sometimes!

I've made a few mockups of larger stairs and some possible solutions to your problem.
Which one below best solves the problem you're having?

NOTE: These are mock ups using tiles and techniques available in game, and not new modules I would be releasing. Yes they're ugly.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next