View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 amrobotics -updated 1.8. 

Post Re: amrobotics -updated 1.8.
amrobotics wrote:
Updated.

Just tested and once again I have to tell you good job. I love the vehicle it is durable, the effects are top notch (really like the steam jetpack), and it's balanced very well. The only bug I could find was that the A-2 crashed the game when I had one of WWM brain robots pilot it and die. Not sure if it was the fact that it was a brain unit or that there's some capability problems with the 2 mods. I will further study this and post my findings later.

I have to ask though I've seen the A-4, A-5, and A-2. I really want to know what does the "A" mean and what are the A-1, and A-3(If I recall correctly it was the drill right?" going to be.

EDIT:
Confirmed there is a problem with the A-2 and brain robots. I did some more tests and 2 out of the 3 time the game crashed with a normal CC brain robot pilot.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 am

the artillery unit crashes my game when i right click to switch away from it or use Q/E, nevermind shooting is fine with it

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:52 am

The way you have arranged the machinegun on the A-4 this time around is... weird. It's all good though.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:14 am

The artillery piece lacks certain safeguards that allow for crash-less use. Check through the hoverboard code for some things you could probably use. Apart from that, I am of the opinion that this pack is quite well done.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:12 am
Profile WWW

Very well done, I love this pack, all the various effects and sounds add tons of charectar to all your units. The only issue I've noticed is that the gunship's turret is selectable. To fix this add
Code:
 if self.gun:IsPlayerControlled() then
  ActivityMan:GetActivity():SwitchToActor(self,0,0);
 end

to the update code. Overall this is a very nice pack, well done.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:27 am
Profile WWW

I personally like the selectability of the turret. Though if you could get the ship to stay still while I aim...

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:51 am
Profile WWW

You can, while the ship is selected, control the turret. I just find it annoying that I order the ship and try to move it, but then discover that I'm controlling the turret instead.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:54 am
Profile WWW

the Steamhowitzer althow it looks cool it has many bugs and looks kinda rushed.
the bug with the brain was mentioned before but i found another one.
if you exit and enter fast the game will crash.And the crab will sometimes stay on when you exit and fire at anyone,or allthow no actor is inside actors from both teams will shoot at it...
edit:how can i make the actor invisible when he enters the venhicle for examlpe to spawn him on the edge of the map or sothming like that and then to bring him back when i choose to eject from the vehicle?
in short how can i make the actor look like he is inside the vehicle (like the turbocat made by numgun)?

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Got one more to add to the list.
This one a little strange.

Okay I went to go play the tutorial level in the campain, I order the A-2 and 2 tau soldiers. Okay I tried to pilot the A-2 with 1 of the tua guys and it just went beserk. It kill it's pilot by some weird glitch. Then it started acting on it's own. It fired a 110% accurate shell at the second tau's face "WITHOUT A PILOT" then continued walking on "IT'S OWN" and killed my brain as if it had a "MIND OF IT'S OWN".

Basically the A-2 went into brain hunt mode since it is neither on the red or green team which explains why both teams shoot at it. This side effect can happen both ways causing the A-2 to go beserk killing everything in its path.
I am not quite sure what caused this but.... I wanna do it again. and get pictures of it.

EDIT:
I'm back and well I did it again this time I hace pictures of it killing me. This only seems to happen when I leave an actor alone as it pilots the A-2.

Lolz I guess the A-2 has a hidden darkside.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 am

Upon attempting to leave the A-2 with a BW: Merc (note: not brain unit version), the game crashed.
Also, changing units also led to a crash.
You need to check that code dude.

Last edited by Exalion on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:48 am

zeno39 wrote:
problems

well the A-2 is a deactivated crab when you dont ride it and it is set on team -1 when you dont use it so as it can be rided by anyone.
but obiously the code than deactivates it again after you stop riding it has some bugs and obiously the AI of the crab is still on making it to attack anyone(since its team -1 and all)....

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:34 am

Had the same 'I WALK ON MY OWN AND KLL ALL LIVING FUDGE' bug.but i had it in maginot.it didnt destroy my brain it destroyed ALL MY BASE AND SOLDIERS!Wheres mah money?

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:06 pm

I'm not seeing any crashes at all, when getting out/switching bodies/activating menu, when my pilot is vanilla.
But I have not tired with anyhting else.

I love this vehicle, it's great.
However, I stood on it, pushed it through the roof of tutorial base, and it went nuts on landing and started shooting everything. But not walking, so it basically became a turret. Which in and of itself would ROCK to have.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 pm

moar now! *cracks a whip* work faster amro!

also the panzor has a small prob, i'm not sure if it is a glitch but it got shot in the shoulder and instead of just a single hiss it let out a constant non-stop hiss until I rage quit. The bfbt or w/e and good gibs and the howitzers amazingly fun to mess around with it be nice if you could switch units and your clone would stay in the howitzer instead of popping out.

EDIT: forgot to mention the dropship w/ machine gun it'd be better if you could aim and drive at the same time but being able to headshot the driver makes up for it in a way.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:01 am

The walker has a lot of bugs. Crashes a lot, and hangs my pilot outside of the cockpit. It can't be awesome until it's fixed. In any case I'm still looking forward to more of your creations. They rock.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next