View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 1:27 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The God Data - and his gun, now in V2 and V3 flavours 

Post The God Data - and his gun, now in V2 and V3 flavours
I Remember way back when someone modded a "Data" actor/God, so i decided to revamp it, i've basicly supplanted data's Head onto a brown coat heavy, and given him Data's gun, he still however has his healing abilities from the older mod, oh and i made some custom wounds kudos and credits to whomever made the original Data and gun i accredit you for the original Data and the Gun, the wounds are mine though, By the way Data is a brain so you can't buy him normaly, change the code if you want him orderable ie the "add to brains" bit

V3 edit, changed:
-rate at which you gain health when decapitated ie health donesn't skyrocket
-Amount of "life" particles that come out so it isn't as laggy
-made it so the sound of the armour getting shot works correctly
-changed colour of "armour sparks" so is different than that of the "blood"
-more balanced, sortof not in relation to vannila though
-exit wound not longer created, (represents the projectile annihilating on data's awesome armour and "god skin")

Attachments:
File comment: contains Data and his gun.
DataV2.rte.rar [275.39 KiB]
Downloaded 403 times
File comment: contains Data and his Gun- V3
DataV3.rar [274.03 KiB]
Downloaded 915 times

Last edited by snapperfisch on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Post Re: The God Data - and his gun, "V2"
Normally I don't like such overpowered single-mods (I remember the original Data actor; knock his head off and his health goes crazy high...), but then again, this is converted to B23...

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 pm

i think nummy made the original, shame he left, i would like to see more of his mods.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Oh no you wouldn't. He was a decent spriter but his mods were crappy for the amount of hype he generated.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Oh no you wouldn't. He was a decent spriter but his mods were crappy for the amount of hype he generated.

whell, they were over hyped, but i think the aal was awesome. bw mercenary, not so much, but okay.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:

Atleast he could mod FZ, and he didn't need to ask people to MAKE A BLANK SPRITE FOR HIM, unlike somebody. *Cough* YOU *Cough*
Personally, I didn't even give a ♥♥♥♥ about the 'hype' threads, neither should anyone else.

But that is a thing of the past.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 pm
happy carebear mom

The great thing about mods is that they're never the work of just one man or woman. So, if any one of us cared enough, we could remake AAL, giving proper credit, and build upon nummy's base.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 pm
Moderator Hero

Get back on topic please. No more mentioning of how/why Numguns mods were/weren't shite.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Duh102 wrote:
The great thing about mods is that they're never the work of just one man or woman. So, if any one of us cared enough, we could remake AAL, giving proper credit, and build upon nummy's base.

i think we should.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Eh. While you did the invincibility somewhat better, I don't like the Browncoat look.
Numgun's Data was a red clone, which was iconic of Data, as it is his avatar.
Browncoats however, are just some badasses capnbubs thought up, from my understanding.
Wtf is that stuff coming out of his wounds?

Other than the changed mismatching appearance, it's the same old silly overpowered mod again, and still isn't worth keeping in my opinion.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Post Re: The God Data - and his gun, now in V2 and V3 flavours
i aggree that it's over powered cheak V3 it's less so, i mainly liked the asthetic where his limbs get nocked off, and for Data the god of the cc universe i thought it appropriate plus he's abrain so you can't spam him as much, and brains should be pretty tough, but your entitled to your opinion.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:

This is one of the reasons Numgun left, because of people like you. Numgun made some of the best mods here, like AAL, BW:M, the Ionizer Gun, and the Particle Accelerator Gun.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 am
Profile WWW

Sparx wrote:
Flammablezombie wrote:

This is one of the reasons Numgun left, because of people like you. Numgun made some of the best mods here, like AAL, BW:M, the Ionizer Gun, and the Particle Accelerator Gun.

agreed with the latter part of the statement.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:18 am

Duh102 wrote:

Hmm, the MPAM always needed to work properly with vehicles.
*Stuffs idea into the later catagory*

Anyway, numgun made good mods, just over hyped them.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 am

Post Re: The God Data - and his gun, now in V2 and V3 flavours
numguns data is better than this.
Sparx wrote:
/agree with the former part of this statement, and the mention of BW:M. seriously, for all the flaming it got, it was a good mod, and a hell of a lot of fun with friends. he was a good modder for the most part, but took criticism badly and overhyped his mods in some cases. i wasnt a fan of AAL, but a lot of people were. and the advertising was just his way of doing previews.
however, we should probably stop talking about numgun, mostly as its just going to fall into a pit of flaming and hatespam.

Re: Mod
the old sprites are iconic of data, which is why the old mod works so well. browncoats are browncoats, not data.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:18 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next