View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Experimental Dummy Vehicles (2013-01-03: R12) 

Post Re: Experimental Dummy Vehicles
In the mission script you may need to ad a new value to stop the win condition looping, so that the 1st time it runs it prevents it from running again, apart from that, awesome mod; good to see new veiches in CC.
Please carry on with these veiches and planes.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Metal Meltdown wrote:
More vehicles in the game is great, I suppose, but it would be nice if they were of higher visual quality.

I agree. I hate the "Scavenger Faction" look.

EDIT: ♥♥♥♥ quotes.

Last edited by Disst on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:10 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

3POK_PHALE wrote:
I hate the "Scavenger Faction" look.
Of course. I could not make a decent sprite even if my life depended on it, thats why I recycle other peoples sprites. But if you (or anyone else) have something better lying around I'm definitely interested.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Yo, we need some keyboard love, maang.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm
Profile WWW

This is very nicely done, I'll using the autogun lua for my own ends, thats for sure.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Dibuk wrote:
This is very nicely done, I'll using the autogun lua for my own ends, thats for sure.

When I started the mission I had no idea I would be facing... THIS! (poor dummies they die so soon off the assembly line)

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:30 am
Banned

3POK_PHALE wrote:
Metal Meltdown wrote:
More vehicles in the game is great, I suppose, but it would be nice if they were of higher visual quality.

I agree. I hate the "Scavenger Faction" look.

EDIT: ♥♥♥♥ quotes.

Way to misattribute. My quote, ♥♥♥♥♥.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 am
Profile YIM

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
mail2345 wrote:
At the insanely high speeds that you have disabled, my humvee actually works out better.
I'm sure it does. I halved the speed of the armored car just before release because of all the problems high speeds caused. How did you do the Hummvee btw? GetAltitude?

Yep, getalititude on the real wheel attachables.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:16 am

Would something like 2 mosr that keep at a certain point on the vehicle work?
When controlling like pressing left or right, these mosr would spin accordingly and thus move the vehicle.
The torso of the vehicle is sort of dragged by the spinning wheels. The wheels could either stay always at their designated points or gravitate tightly near them to create a semi-suspension thing.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

numgun wrote:
Would something like 2 mosr that keep at a certain point on the vehicle work?
When controlling like pressing left or right, these mosr would spin accordingly and thus move the vehicle.
The torso of the vehicle is sort of dragged by the spinning wheels. The wheels could either stay always at their designated points or gravitate tightly near them to create a semi-suspension thing.
Um.. yes, I know for a fact that this will work because that how I did it.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah, but I meant something more simple than your super advanced suspension of doom with super dynamics and all that sauce. :P
After looking at the code and the whole complexity, I felt like a large brick fell on my head.
If I'm gonna make a wheeled vehicle, I'll need to find something more simple. Something like "Pinned wheels that go AngularVel -/+ when key pressed" and thats it.

Like just have the wheels be pinned at the joints without anything extra to them. And they would be real instead of constantly redrawing fake wheels like you did with the APC.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:44 am
Moderator Hero

Could... Could I request some keyboard support for the dropship please? I'd really like to try it out :D

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:49 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

numgun wrote:
Yeah, but I meant something more simple than your super advanced suspension of doom with super dynamics and all that sauce. :P
After looking at the code and the whole complexity, I felt like a large brick fell on my head.
If I'm gonna make a wheeled vehicle, I'll need to find something more simple. Something like "Pinned wheels that go AngularVel -/+ when key pressed" and thats it.

Like just have the wheels be pinned at the joints without anything extra to them. And they would be real instead of constantly redrawing fake wheels like you did with the APC.
No, the wheels are real. They roll on the ground and a crab with globalAccScalar=0 is pushed around with AddForce to stay above them. The suspension bars are just eye candy, but have a tendency of being drawn in front of the wheels. That is why I sometimes redraw the wheels (one reason at least). Not sure if it helps much though.

But I'm not saying this is the only way to do it. AddForce is also applied to the wheels to keep them in the same relative position to the crab. I suspect that these forces sometimes push the wheels in to the ground.

Seraph wrote:
Could... Could I request some keyboard support for the dropship please? I'd really like to try it out :D
I'm going to have to do it for another mod anyway, so kb-support will probably come at some point.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:25 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

A crab isn't exactly ideal to go above them, I'd recommend make it a plain Actor actor (see: brains).

Also, for draw order, it might help to know that craft are drawn over actors, which are drawn over effects (mosrotatings, mosparticles).

MOSRs can also animate just as well as anything else.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:16 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Grif wrote:
A crab isn't exactly ideal to go above them, I'd recommend make it a plain Actor actor (see: brains).
I only picked the ACrab because of the turret. Could you elaborate on why an Actor would be better?

Grif wrote:
Also, for draw order, it might help to know that craft are drawn over actors, which are drawn over effects (mosrotatings, mosparticles).
This sounds useful. I had no idea, thanks!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next