View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 WIP Mass Effect guns n' stuff 

Post Re: WIP Mass Effect guns n' stuff
Name with a number in place of a letter... same (intentionally?) poor spelling... forum account created today (No, wait-- yesterday now), Crabling account. Gee, is that you propping your own post on an alt created solely to do so, Pockets? Sorry, just had to snark that one.

As I said. I'll help you-- er, 'him' learn how to make the sounds he was asking for (No, I won't tell him how to gamerip them from Mass Effect, sorry), and I'll point you-- er, 'him' in the right direction to do sprites, but... no offense, I'm calling this one as I see it. Pockets wants someone else to improve the mod for him. I've pointed out methods for Pockets to improve it, now it's up to Pockets to show the initiative to do so.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 am

Cmdr 5ir wrote:
Well done MP!!! :grin: I am very impressed with this though others are not you had my Dl before you made this mod when you told me about it but i never thought it would be this good!

Cmdr 5ir wrote:
No, he is not a great moder

hmmmm... :-(

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:08 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:11 pm

WHAT!!?!?!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Not another alt...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Im not MP's alt, im one of his best friends, so LAY OFF!

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:38 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Goes for the same thing.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:48 pm

what???

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 pm

I can see this getting very stupid very fast, get back on topic

Downloaded and tested they're pretty average, recommend getting a handle on lua like Selkit advised so you can improve

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:14 am
happy carebear mom

Liz, Cmdr: Cut it out.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

So far, the burst fire one is my favorite since you can just wail on the trigger to rape walls and enemy actors!
I do so very hope you do some of the heavy weapons from ME2, as well as actors of some races like the geth or krogan!

Fri May 28, 2010 3:01 am
Profile WWW

Grif wrote:
thermal 'clips' don't make any more sense than thermal 'mags' do, and it's probably just a mild, intentional misnomer to make generic masses accept the idea more easily

the 'thermal clips' of mass effect are supposed to instantly capture the heat from firing (I believe the canon is that all guns are mass drivers and use tiny flecks of metal to prevent recoil / be easier to propel)

but the thing is, even if you had something that superconducted heat it wouldn't absorb enough of it to be worthwhile

basic thermodynamics, folks

so anyways, despite mbbird's erroneous statement, thermal 'clips' are still retarded.

To go with the Ridiculousness of the Thermal Clip idea, Lets not forget the Fact that, in what, two years, they somehow managed to convert Every Freaking Gun in the Universe to use Clips. Double You Tee Eff Mate.
Besides, Unless over heating had the chance of a Capital sized Ship explosion, I completely FAIL to see the Problem with the old guns. Seriously. 's Frigan Silly.
[/rant]

Fri May 28, 2010 3:58 am

Neeip wrote:
Grif wrote:
thermal 'clips' don't make any more sense than thermal 'mags' do, and it's probably just a mild, intentional misnomer to make generic masses accept the idea more easily

the 'thermal clips' of mass effect are supposed to instantly capture the heat from firing (I believe the canon is that all guns are mass drivers and use tiny flecks of metal to prevent recoil / be easier to propel)

but the thing is, even if you had something that superconducted heat it wouldn't absorb enough of it to be worthwhile

basic thermodynamics, folks

so anyways, despite mbbird's erroneous statement, thermal 'clips' are still retarded.

To go with the Ridiculousness of the Thermal Clip idea, Lets not forget the Fact that, in what, two years, they somehow managed to convert Every Freaking Gun in the Universe to use Clips. Double You Tee Eff Mate.
Besides, Unless over heating had the chance of a Capital sized Ship explosion, I completely FAIL to see the Problem with the old guns. Seriously. 's Frigan Silly.
[/rant]

Well, if you read any of the codex entries about any gun in ME1, it says that they reload with a block of some sort of metal, even though your character never reloads with anything. Thermal clips, I always thought, were those and Bioware's solution to infinite firing.

Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, you guys bumped this thread to argue about the suspendible disbelief of a fictional technology? Wonderful.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:03 pm

lolinternets wrote:
Wow, you guys bumped this thread to argue about the suspendible disbelief of a fictional technology? Wonderful.

Right, Sorry bout that.
Fun Mod overall. Some of the guns feel a bit silly at times(Three round burst + No Fire Limit= Many deaths.) But, still fun. And I Like the Bullet effects, I Like the Sound of the Cryo and Incendiary Rounds!:D

Well, if you read any of the codex entries about any gun in ME1, it says that they reload with a block of some sort of metal, even though your character never reloads with anything. Thermal clips, I always thought, were those and Bioware's solution to infinite firing.

*rereads through Codex* Yeah, But, the need to Change them was Rare, and nonexistant in gameplay. And I Know that, but, sides from the lack of worry in fire fights, I saw no problem with the Infinite ammo. Its the Bloody Future, ferchrisakes, anyway:P Eh, Ah Well. Least we can all agree its a Bloody Awesome Series, Aye? :smile:

Sun May 30, 2010 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3