View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 (WIP) Body Harvest: Now with Stuff 

(WIP) Body Harvest: Now with Stuff
Attachment:
Body Harvest.rar [3.41 KiB]
Downloaded 527 times

Last edited by !CTLV128 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:51 am

Post Re: Body Harvest
I start it, then it says it doesn't start due to errors.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that you have to post pictures with your mod. But anyway, it looks okay...

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:15 am

Ace1214 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that you have to post pictures with your mod. But anyway, it looks okay...

yeah theres a forum rule that says pics r a MUST have

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 am

Pretty good for what I assume to be a first mod. Still needs some work, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 am

EvilNecroid wrote:
Ace1214 wrote:

yeah theres a forum rule that says pics r a MUST have

Sorry about that. Will fix later today.

Sir wrote:
Pretty good for what I assume to be a first mod. Still needs some work, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Good guess. Have any suggestions as to where I should take the mod? The Evac is my main priority right now.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 am

I'd suggest asking some more experienced modders for some help if they're able to provide it. Most of the things you listed as far-fetched and implausible can be quite plausible with the right amount of help and encouragement. As for what to do next, I'd suggest trying to implement the evac and the rewards for kills. 5 gold for every kill seems a little unreasonable though, 35 to 40 seems alot more reasonable in my opinion.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:06 am

Last edited by !CTLV128 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 am

Post Re: Body Harvest (WIP)
Glad to see you've gotten a better grasp on lua! I've always wanted a quick way to sell things, such as money for kills, that sort of thing. You've had an idea, made it into a mod, attempted to implement a feature I've always wanted, and to top it off, you have good grammar! You'll make a nice addition to the forums.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 am

!CTLV128 wrote:
Regardless, maybe "implausable" wasn't the word, but at the time of it's creation it was. I'm actually starting to get a better grasp on Lua, not enough to write my own but just enough to know what'll screw the scripts up. I've actually gotten the "quick way to sell things" very close to completion but I might just scrap it because it'd involve editing every actor's scripts individually. That and I was using akblabla's code, which I won't be willing to do until he returns to the forums. With the evac, however, I have no idea where to start. I might just save that for last and get everything else done first. I'll ask Gotcha about using his "Cash for Frags" script. Thanks, man!
Yeah, just keep at it, the more you work with it the more things click into place. With a little more time and experimenting you'll get the hang of things and then you'll be confused at how you didn't understand this in the beginning.
An easy way to sell stuff can definitely be done entirely via the activity. You can always get an objects gold value with thing:GetGoldValue(0,0)
Outside of that, a few useful links. If you haven't already looked at them I strongly suggest looking at weegee's basic mission making tutorials.
Also, while I gather it's all but useless for ini stuff, for lua the wiki is a huge help, namely its lua official references and lua functions pages.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
Outside of that, a few useful links. If you haven't already looked at them I strongly suggest looking at weegee's basic mission making tutorials.
Also, while I gather it's all but useless for ini stuff, for lua the wiki is a huge help, namely its lua official references and lua functions pages.

Ah, thanks man. Weegee's tutorials needed minor tweaking for 1.0 compatibility but I got that sorted out. The wiki however has been a huge help thus far.

Someone64 wrote:
I start it, then it says it doesn't start due to errors.

Strange, just tested it on a fresh install of 1.0 and it worked fine. Have you modified the vanilla files at all?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:17 pm

I have the smarter AI mod if that counts.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Someone64 wrote:
I have the smarter AI mod if that counts.

Yeah, that's probably it. I'll test it tomorrow.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:41 am

Nevermind, it's working now. I forgot to dl the most recent version of it 'cause the first version you uploaded was broken. :-P

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 am

Someone64 wrote:
Nevermind, it's working now. I forgot to dl the most recent version of it 'cause the first version you uploaded was broken. :-P

Really? I haven't changed the download at all. Not that I can remember, at least. Odd. Either way, glad to see it's working.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]