View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Whitebots 1.01 

Post Whitebots 1.01
Updated:
I think i have fixed some serious problems (The last version didn't work on others computer for some reason) and i gave the whitebot brainbot a jetpack that primarily works as a airbrake. Please report if any of the weapons, bombs or actors are missing.

Hello this is my first mod. This mod is designed for multiplayer battles and all the actors and weapons are well balanced. Most actors in this mod has jetpacks and must rely on their jumping abilities. Most actors can jump higher by waiting 1 or 2 seconds (standing still) and then look up and jump.

The mod includes 5 actors

Going left to right

Whitebot:
He is the most generic whitebot in your whitebot army. Comes with 1 B1-Pistol and is effective at jumping to high surfaces and regenerates. Use this whitebot for special weapons like the A2-Sniper rifle or the A3-Supporter.

Sentry:
This white bot is designed for long distance combat. He regenerates health over time and is armed with a A1-Battle Rifle and a B1-Pistol. He is also effective at jumping to high places.

Drop Trooper:
This actor comes preequipped with 1 B4-SMG, 1 B1-Pistol and 2 shocknades. He is designed for constant damage and being capable of finishing his mission before he dies, but he is the actor with least vertical movement possibilities, though he is also the cheapest. He will storm your enemies base unless you set him to random mode (sentry mode for example)

Whitebot Brainbot:
This guy is designed for survival in the most dangerous combat situations. He regenerate at very high rate when on low health and has a weak jetpack for steering and can be used to airbrake.

Charge drone (need new sprite):
This drone can charge nearby hurt allies to withstand intense combat. It can also walk vertically (as seen on the image) and can double jump. A skilled controller can use these to take down their foes in ninja style.

B1-Pistol (need new sprite):
Basic short range pistol. Deals moderate amount of damage in close combat.

B4-SMG:
Basic short range smg. It is a light weight weapon and is therefor a good secondary arm.

A1-Battle Rifle:
Medium to long range weapon. It uses accelerating bullets and therefor does nearly no damage in close quarter combat.

A2-Sniper Rifle:
Long range weapon. It uses accelerating bullets to maximize its range. It deals high damage if the target is more than 15 meters away.

B3-Assault:
Medium range weapon that shoots a weak shocknade on first shot.

A3-Supporter (needs new sprite):
Medium to long range weapon. It is the heaviest weapon in the whitebot arsenal. Using accelerating bullets for minimum recoil. It can kill any opponent more than 5 meters away, though it has a very long reload time.

Railgun (need new sprite):
The must effective (and op) weapon in the whitebot arsenal to wipe out bunkers and heavily armored units, though it has a long reload time, charge time and has insane recoil. The skilled players use this to "rocket jump" to higher surfaces, though this can shave of your legs.

Shock Mortar (could not get a good picture of this one):
The mortar can kill enemies turtling in their bunkers easily. It takes time to fire but when the mortar round hits the ground it shocks whatever lies beneath it.

Shocknade:
This grenade is ideal to clear out enemy cover. The amount of damage the grenade it can do is based upon how closed the area you throw it in was.

Bunker clearer:
More shock. Place this timed bomb above the area you want to clear out. It takes 30 seconds to activate (i think) and can be disabled by either shooting it, crushing it or simply picking it up and throw it.

Shower mine:
After placing this mine it will detonate when a actor passes it. When detonating it will send deadly plasma up in the air that will kill everything on the way down. Effective against enemy dropships deploying its cargo.

Credits:
Geti (i've taken some of his code from his zombie 09 mod and heavily modified it for my mod)

Attachments:
File comment: Whitebot 1.01
Whitebots.rte.rar [1.48 MiB]
Downloaded 3233 times

Last edited by akblabla on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Whitebots 1.00
Looks like a dummy resprite.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Make a dropshi and White bot Armored Brain Mech from scene intro

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Raijuuta wrote:
Make a dropshi and White bot Armored Brain Mech from scene intro

Both have been attempted. The former is the vanilla dropship you see now, and the latter was an incomplete mod project.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Why the hell would WHITEBOTS not have jetpack? They DESIGNED the original vanilla jetpacks.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Quote:
Why the hell would WHITEBOTS not have jetpack? They DESIGNED the original vanilla jetpacks.

Because i thought it would be more interesting in multiplayer battles being limited in air. This makes hight advantage more valuable against human players.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm

It looks really nice, like the drone. Also, how do you get the weapons to shoot something else on the first shot?

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:01 am

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
akblabla wrote:
Because i thought it would be more interesting in multiplayer battles being limited in air. This makes hight advantage more valuable against human players.

No. If they didn't have jetpacks I'd just use vanilla actors for added irony and bomb them to death with a revolver cannon. It's that simple: If you refuse to equip your actors, they will be destroyed by better equipped actors.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am

That's your choice, flammable. Doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy them.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 am

Could be better, first mod, needs work, spirites are re-spirites and slightly ugly.
They are better than the dum-e's however.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:09 am

GreenSaint wrote:
Could be better, first mod, needs work, spirites are re-spirites and slightly ugly.
They are better than the dum-e's however.

First of all, Dum-3's aren't lame re-sprites, they have attachable armor and custom weapons.
Second of all, you can't go and criticize everything.
Third of all if your going to criticize anything, provide reasons why and WHAT YOU WANT CHANGED.

Fourth of all, don't go on telling me I'm raging.
Fifth of all, Your not going to anyone's Positive attitude books.
Sixth of all, You cannot go and compare mods saying one is worst without a reason why.

Edit: i just read some of this guys older posts and, i got to say, he learned nothing.

Last edited by dragonxp on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 am

doesnt look too bad, I htink ill use theese guys for skirmishes. not bad, pretty good for a first mod. Ill be back with some comments on how it handles in a bit.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 am

I liked Nova's better.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 am

Very nice looking. I really like this accelerated bullets idea. Definitely gonna use their weapons to full advantage when defending. :)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:29 am

It looks so cool! :shock:
but, for some reason, it's not appearing on my buy menu. does anyone know why?

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next