View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 A few little problems... Kinda urgent. 

Post A few little problems... Kinda urgent.
I'm having a few little problems:

1. Firefox opens a new tab to a random page every few hours (sometimes a site, sometimes a directory in my C drive, such as file:///C:/Windows/system32/ ).
2. iTunes, when minimized, is supposed to show up as a little icon in the bottom right. right now its minimized and playing music, but i cant see the icon.
3. BitTorrent decided to quit on me randomly and stop my 2 day 4.22 GB download (its all legal).
4. Windows randomly freezes for a few seconds, the screen goes black (but keeps programs running), and restarts.
5. Yesterday, I started Battlefield 2 and it said my sound car was incompatible and it played no sounds (yet it played all the intro music and sounds during the intro video)... This is fixed but it's pretty weird.

Blah blah blah search the internet use Google blah blah blah... It doesn't help. So I'm going to you DRL.
You guys know whats wrong?

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Post Re: A few little problems... Kinda urgent.
Do a virus scan/adware scan. I believe that could solve your Internet randomly opening pages issue.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 pm

WhefXLR wrote:
Do a virus scan/adware scan. I believe that could solve your Internet randomly opening pages issue.

Funny because none of that works with firefox unless you deliberately tell it to.

1. Remove all extensions, reinstall firefox. Update to 3.0?

2. There's an arrow in the bottom right next to the icons.

3. It's probably on an external harddrive which you removed. And it starts it again at the same spot as soon as you restart bittorent soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. You're getting a BSOD. Blue screen of death. Shut rebooting on bsod off in the BIOS and tell us the error.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:16 pm

WhefXLR wrote:

Already have, nothing came up.

Daman wrote:

3. It's probably on an external harddrive which you removed. And it starts it again at the same spot as soon as you restart bittorent soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. You're getting a BSOD. Blue screen of death. Shut rebooting on bsod off in the BIOS and tell us the error.

1. Already did
2. Different icons... the taskbar icons, in the very far bottom right of the screen. Fixed, anyways.
3. Ummm... My iPod was plugged in at the time and thats it. Anyways, this is also solved.
4. Thats not it... Its like when I'm on the internet the taskbar and start menu stuff disappears and comes back a few seconds later, without an error message.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 am

You should just reformat, and if you have some disks or some gigantic 32GB Flash Drive/external Hard drive backup some files you want.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:11 am

WhefXLR wrote:
You should just reformat, and if you have some disks or some gigantic 32GB Flash Drive/external Hard drive backup some files you want.

Don't forget to unregister CC if you do this.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 am

Kelas wrote:
WhefXLR wrote:

Don't forget to unregister CC if you do this.

I wouldn't know, I haven't bought CC.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 am

whitty wrote:
WhefXLR wrote:

Already have, nothing came up.

Daman wrote:

1. Already did
2. Different icons... the taskbar icons, in the very far bottom right of the screen. Fixed, anyways.
3. Ummm... My iPod was plugged in at the time and thats it. Anyways, this is also solved.
4. Thats not it... Its like when I'm on the internet the taskbar and start menu stuff disappears and comes back a few seconds later, without an error message.

Yeah for some reason I doubt you removed all extensions and completely removed firefox.

That's explorer.exe crashing. Use linux or a shell if you don't like it happening. Nothing anyone can do there.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]