View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Barack Obama is the President-Elect of the United States. 

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Post Barack Obama is the President-Elect of the United States.
Well, he won, 306-142 in electoral votes at 11:18 PM, EST (source: CNN). Whether you support him or not, this is a historical event.
Discuss.

Last edited by The Fat Sand Rat on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 am

Post Re: Barack Obama is the President-Elect of the United States.
I've heard like six different numbers. But yeah, whoohoo, we have an idiot for a president. Shitstorm starts here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:18 am
Profile WWW

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Ophanim wrote:
I've heard like six different numbers. But yeah, whoohoo, we have an idiot for a president. Shitstorm starts here.

Erm, we had one for the last eight years. Starts here?
Starts?

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:19 am

Yay. Ophanim clearly doesn't have the same political view as us. Anyway, are we allowed to talk about politics?

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:34 am

Well, it is rather important, but then, there really isn't much of a reason to invite the discussion here. But whatever.

I didn't care much about McCain when he was just AZ's senator (and I'm an AZ resident, so that says a bit), I didn't care much for him during the primaries, and I still don't particularly like him. I've always disliked Obama's views, though I have little doubt that he'll be an effective president, meaning that said views will likely be put into place without trouble, which I suppose makes him even more dangerous.

My personal stance on the election is that McCain is safe, yet uninteresting, and Obama is dangerous and quite interesting. I'd prefer him to be president if I was studing early 21st century history a few centuries from now, but I'd rather not be there at the time.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:48 am

Haha... You know how people think the world is going to end in 2012? Well, that's the year Obama's presidency will end... Creepy, huh?

I for one didn't care who won, although I knew it would be Obama.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:49 am

It didn't really matter to me who will win, I just wanted someone smarter and better than the previous president we had.
Although i was leaning more toward Obama, both sides had some interesting ideas that i appreciated.
Sort of like everyone's opinion so far.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 am

I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.

But I still wish Prop 8 would have failed. (For those who live in California)

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:13 am

Quote:
Haha... You know how people think the world is going to end in 2012? Well, that's the year Obama's presidency will end... Creepy, huh?

that was gonna happen for any of the 2008 presidents so its a coincidence that obama won. the world would have ended now if palin won.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:19 am
Profile WWW

CmdrTimo wrote:
Yay. Ophanim clearly doesn't have the same political view as us. Anyway, are we allowed to talk about politics?

Well, I wasn't aware that you were speaking for everyone. You guys got a hivemind thing going on? Or was there some sort of election I wasn't aware of? Or perhaps you're just talking out of your ass in the fervent hope that people back you up. And I have yet to state my political views. I just think Obama's an idiot.
whitty wrote:

Unless he gets a second term

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:25 am
Profile WWW

whitty wrote:

No, not at all. That's been known for a long time, and would've been the same no matter the chosen candidate. And also it's not quite true, his term will likely end on January 20th 2013, and he could have another term or leave office. (assassination, resignation, whatever)

Anyways neither candidate had me too excited for them, and the result wasn't in the least surprising.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 am

Ophanim wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have finally realized that there is not a thing on this earth that can transcend Pyro's negativity. I feel bad for him.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:42 am

First of all, I'm glad. He's much better than McCain in my opinion.
But.
He's not going to last long before someone shoots him. I wish I was kidding.
And
He's not as radical as he could be. If you compared him to other countries, for example Australia (because I live there), he would be considered pretty conservative. That guy who said he was 'dangerous' is demonstrating my point. He's hardly dangerous. *sigh* If only you guys had voted in Al Gore.
He is redeemed as he represents change, and it's babysteps for the US.
Thing is, makes little difference, USA is stuffed anyway. Economy is totally screwed, China is actually keeping it afloat just so they can get their money back!

Last edited by Exalion on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:52 am

alaifain wrote:
Ophanim wrote:

I have finally realized that there is not a thing on this earth that can transcend Pyro's negativity. I feel bad for him.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Last I checked, Obama's not god.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 am
Profile WWW

I put my ballot in for McCain, but we'll all see how this plays out. My problem was that I'm sure numerous people voted for Obama because he is young and charismatic, and because McCain seems too much like a Bush clone (as wrong as they may be). His extreme lack of experience will be a stumbling block, and I hope to god this works out OK otherwise; I'm movin back to Germany...or taking over New Zealand.

Last edited by AlphaCommando on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next