View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Phobias - Any stories? 
Moderator Hero

Post Re: Phobias - Any stories?
A fear of Falling - there's a tower on the border of France, Germany and Belgium that is really ♥♥♥♥ high, but has steps that you can see through - bloody hell I crawled up those stairs, heights aren't that bad, I enjoy seeing the wide open spaces, but falling, ♥♥♥♥ me I can't stand the thought of it.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 am

Seraph wrote:
but falling, ♥♥♥♥ me I can't stand the thought of it.

Heights scare me just because of this, i don't want to fall.
I won't lean over a rail for the fear of someone pushing me over.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:43 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I like heights.
And dark rooms/outdoor.

Infact, i don't even know why i am posting here.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:45 am

Not having a steady footing.
Which means heights, water and crumbly ground.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:53 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

I am afraid of falling, but not heights.
And not falling as in through the air; I'd love to skydive sometime.

Falling like, down a hill. I have a recurring nightmare of being on a steep slope and tumbling down it.

I'm not sure why, and it sounds a bit odd.

Also, I get weird around ants and spiders, but only to a minor extent.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:44 am

Okay, I have a rather amusing phobia, and a rather depressing story, or comical if you take it that way. maybe even terrifying.

I have Balistaphobia, Or, The Fear of Bullets.

While yes, I am afraid of being shot at, that's not an irrational fear, and I like to think everyone has that...

No I'm talking about the irrational fear of bullets. Lets say I'm sitting in the kitchen, and there's a small box, full of 9mm's... not a gun, just the bullets... just sitting there... If I am aware of them, I get very uncomfortable, and will probably leave the room, maybe even the house. if someone else is around, I *might* feel comfortable enough to move them someplace out of the way, like, some closet in the back of the house, a garage, etc. the more people around, the more comfortable I am with it, as long as they can encourage me, or point out that my fear is just silly.

The story that went with this goes back to high-school, Freshman/sophomore year, I was in AFJROTC. I was on drill team. 3rd year, we had rifles... I dropped out, because of my balistaphobia. I was also not doing very well in class due primarily to poor sleep habits. (my class was before 10AM, I passed out 9/10 times in that class), but even that was second to my fear of bullets, and the rifles.

Later in the year, someone started a rumor that I said I was going to shoot up the school. I tell the principal that that doesn't make any sense, i'm non violent, and I work with computers, where the hell am I even going to get a gun, let alone know how to use it... there actuall response was mentioning that I was in ROTC, and the proceeds to try to tell me how to obtain firearms!and even explosives!. Never mind the fact that I dropped ROTC due to a fear of bullets. There was actually a court case that resulted, [miles's school] vs [miles], accused of conspiracy to inciting a riot. the case was dropped, because it was all hearsay, conspiracy requires more than 1 person, and because there was actually evidence to the contrary.

a phobia saved me from up to 10 years in prison, aint that just great?

I'm actually laughing because of how fail this actually is, but I also feel like my chest is going to explode because of... well... its actually true... :D + :0 + :cry:

now that was way to personal, although ancient history at this point.

on another phobia/nightmare...

I have this re-occuring nightmare where i'm alone, locked in my home, which is barred from the outside, all the electronics are fried/destroyed, and my teeth all start to fall out, my face hurts and swells, my mouth fills with blood, and my tongue and cheeks grow together with painfull cysts... oh and did I mention that my gums wind up hurting because all my teeth fell out and started bleeding... oh and nerves and veins hanging loose in my mouth... I scream but noones around and outside all the cars are gone, and the ones at the neighbors are like rusted out, the sky is a flickering green/grey with massive grey cloud-cover. the TV is cracked, my phone displays error messages scrolling like some messed up old command-prompt, my computer boots to a blue-screen, the 360's red ringed, the land line is saying all lines have been disconnected, and I slowly lose all strength in my body and begin convulsing. although before anyone asks, no, my hair doesn't fall out.

Then I wake up, and unable to move due to the shock (night terrors), I fall back asleep, and the whole nightmare starts over, with subtle variations.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Wow you have a pretty ♥♥♥♥ up life.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Lizard wrote:
Wow you have a pretty ♥♥♥♥ up life.

I know at least 2 people with a worse life than me. Mostly my friend Danielle also... on a lighter note....

Quote:
So you think you had a hard childhood? Well ♥♥♥♥ you, it's got nothing on mine. My mom practically kicked my ass out of the house before I even hit 13, and I never even met my dad. My only friend till I was 10 was the ♥♥♥♥♥ next door who was always beating the ♥♥♥♥ out of me and telling me I wasn't worth ♥♥♥♥. It's not even like I had a choice, the town ♥♥♥♥ had something like 9 people living in it, I ♥♥♥♥ you not. My entire adolescence was just moving around from place to place, trying to get along with people who didn't even want me.

You think that's the worst? my only friend was an Asian guy in his thirties or something, who only kept me around because he thought I could help him get laid. The only perk was that I also got to hang around with this cute ginger chick. She was flat as a pancake sure, but she must have been a total nymph or a sadist or something, because she always took some sort of pleasure in hurting me, and telling me how much she loved to get wet.

But dear god the bane of my existence was this adult couple that I simply could NOT seem to avoid. You know these types of couples that are absolutely sickening, like they wear matching outfits, and finish eachother's sentences? Yeah, absolute ♥♥♥♥ creepers. And they had a cat, this ♥♥♥♥ CAT, It must have been at least TWICE as annoying as they where, I swear to god this thing would never shut up!

Like I said I ended up moving from town to town, getting into fights with other kids my age, even adults from time to time. The only thing that kept me going was my dream to become a pokemon master.

And on that note, I'd like to point out that I also hate bees, centipedes, silverfish, and various mushrooms. they just make my skin crawl. I'm pretty sure it's worse of a phobia for me than even the bullets because I've actually run away screaming... then again bees can sting you... and that episode of the X-Files with the giant mushroom that was killing people by making them hallucinate their way into a cave where they get dissolved does not help matters.

(Sorry for that quote tangent, but it was related to having a ♥♥♥♥ up life and it was just to damn funny)

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I have a fear of getting elektocuted, yet i have a sweater wich get veeery electric over time

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Fear of crowds. I remember I was in school and had to present a sonnet in front of the class. I had the whole thing memorized, but when I got up to present, I started shaking, my hands got sweaty, and I forgot. Oh yeah, and I got an E for my grade.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Fear of crowds. I remember I was in school and had to present a sonnet in front of the class. I had the whole thing memorized, but when I got up to present, I started shaking, my hands got sweaty, and I forgot. Oh yeah, and I got an E for my grade.

An E?!

WAT?! I didn't know schools gave E's my school always went from D, to F.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

What country do you live in?

Edit: 'Cause in the US, I think there's this thing that Bush did that kept anyone from getting anything lower than a 50% if it isn't 0%.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 pm
happy carebear mom

The US has never had an "E" grade afaik.
I think F is traditionally considered to be <= 50% (in the schools I've been in it's <=63%).

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Odd... My school must be different. It has E, but not F.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Lower average IQ?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next