View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Phobias - Any stories? 

Post Re: Phobias - Any stories?
I dont particularly know if thats a phobia, but seeing as there are names for being afraid of things like other Phobias (yes, even thats possible, to be afraid of ... well, afraidness) it should be fine - Im afraid of ♥♥♥♥ up at stuff. You know that feeling? You got that very important task to do. You need to be exactly precise to make it ... and then everything seems to break alltogether at once.

Its strange - untill some time ago I used to organize Events. DJs, Advertising, meeting Sponsors and talking with Business-partners or instructing the Crewmembers and helpers - one should guess that this would be the perfect opportunity to go nuts, but there I never had any problems at all, but when it comes to stuff in my private life outside that business, things as simple as holding a report in front of my class seemed almost like too simple so that I started thinking too much, which eventually resulted in things really going down - sometimes resulting in embarrassing situations...

Kind of annoying, I can tell.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:08 pm

I have a morbid fear of butterflies and moths. It's even got a name, lepidopterophobia.

I'm not so much concerned with the teeny tiny moths, but large moths/medium to large butterflies send me fleeting in terror if they so much as drift in my direction. The sight of one alone has me very much on edge, and I've been haunted by it since I was a small child.

I acknowledge the satan spawns' harmlessness and will freely admit to my fear being completely ridiculous and borderline unbelievable. Having the dark sense of humor that I do, I even think it's funny until I'm being chased by the blasted things, lol.

I actually never really heard of anyone else having this fear until I found an actual online community full of fellow lepidopterophobiacs.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:16 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
I have a morbid fear of butterflies and moths. It's even got a name, lepidopterophobia

Oh yes, my mum has a terrible case of lepidopterophobia. I didn't know the name until now, but, even though she knows they are harmless (like you said) she completely freaks out and panics whenever she sees one.

Technically offtopic but wanted to post it-
Kompounophobia

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:09 pm

I actually know someone who has some moderate kompounophobia. She's not outright terrified of them, but they really freak her out, and she'll never wear anything that has buttons on them.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
I actually know someone who has some moderate kompounophobia. She's not outright terrified of them, but they really freak her out, and she'll never wear anything that has buttons on them.

Most pants have buttons, does she replace the buttons with a ring thingy? Nah, she'd be too scared to replace the buttons, too bad for her.

Last edited by Shard on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Heh, I believe she wears jeans with snaps instead.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 pm
Profile YIM

Location: Sooommeeewheeerrree over the- oh, wait. North Carolina.
I have two big phobias, that kind of fall hand in hand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Drowning. I like breathing, and the thought of not being able to scares me.

2) Being buried alive. I really like breathing.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:32 am

Warlord_of_Woe wrote:
2) Being buried alive. I really like breathing.

You'll still breathe, just until you lose all oxygen in there.
But you won't survive that far anyways.
You'll probably get crushed by tons of dirt on your coffin.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:03 am

2meters of dirt are no tons - youd just suffocate.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:56 am

Depends on how wide the two meters deep is. coffin is like what 6x2 average? 6x2x6 is like 72 square feet of dirt bro.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 am
Profile WWW

audiopulse wrote:

Depends on how far down you'll be buried.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:44 pm

I have a phobia of phobias. I don't really have a specific fear of anything, so I'm slightly afraid that I'll find something so scary it would be a phobia since I've never experienced heart-wrenching fear that makes me have nightmares for a year.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
audiopulse wrote:

Depends on how far down you'll be buried.

Well, he did say two meters...

And it doesn't even matter how wide the two meters deep is, because a human being is only so wide. I could be in a hole one mile wide but two meters deep and I'd still only have so much force on top of me that doesn't even come close to a ton.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:28 am
Profile YIM
Banned

deathbringer wrote:
And believe it or not, i'm TOTALLY afraid of bombs. When i hear a sound that looks like a bomb falling (when its only just a plane doing stupid tricks) i just run to my basement. I hate even more nukes, they are the worst. I was freakin out when they said the terrorist had chemical weapons of some sort, i was sure they had nukes and stuff and they would blow the hell out of north america.

The maker of TakNuke is afraid of bombs... oh, the irony.
But enough of me being mean. I have my own fear: age. As in, becoming old, useless and unable to do anything by myself.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:27 pm
Profile YIM

I have a relatively long list, just branching from paranoia.

A fear of bugs, (especially large ones/ones that are very close)
a fear of large spaces (dunno, just kinda there)

I DESPISE sunlight. It is quite possible that I am the closest human to a vampire. Extremely pale skin, I like the taste of blood (I'm sorry, I just get a lot of cuts in my mouth), mildly long canines, and, of course, the whole sun thing.

fear of the lack of afterlife/seeing dead things. It's weird. Whenever I think about laying there, only seeing black, it makes me sad. :( I like being on the computer, playing games, and if I couldn't do that in the afterlife (even though this view of afterlife is absolutely based on agnostic, scientific theory), I would go insane. If I see anything dead (or large, hairy or bug-like), I get a weird sensation where the upper side bones in my skull start vibrating at a very high velocity. Just a small amount, but I was put off of at least two book series by this reaction alone.

Ticks. Muh. Not a big phobia, but just an annoying recurring fear. This coupled with me feeling lots of random itches and pains on my skin. :(

my basement. I don't know about this one, either.

The fear of me thinking about bad things happening. This happens a fair bit, actually. It probably came from me being raised with a load of stupid and many times painful methods of "calming down". I'm not even violent or mentally insecure, and I can't explain why it happens. Now I'm too strong for that to continue, so...

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next