View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Phobias - Any stories? 

Post Re: Phobias - Any stories?
Shook wrote:
Oh yeah, just remembered that i'm absolutely terrified of tornadoes. Only the real ones, even though i haven't seen a live one yet. Movies don't bother me, but if i see the slightest hint of tornado in a storm, i nearly piss myself in fear. Probably because they're huge, unstoppable and capable of ruining my life in mere moments. I've had several scary dreams (not quite nightmares) about tornadoes as well, which is a pretty good sign fear. Tsunamies also scare me, though not as much. Probably related to my childhood fear of any variation of flooding. I strongly doubt that it's uncommon to fear natural disasters, though. =P

I thought tornadoes only happen here in North America? Why would you fear them when you're in Denmark? :P

That's right, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica, and South America. We're ♥♥♥♥ special.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

That's stupid. Tornadoes appear all over the world.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:38 pm

^Just heard it from a stupid person and never verified it :-P They are definitely most common in NA, however, and only appear in some selective regions world-wide- East Asia, Philippines, Eastern South America, West Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, and Southeast Europe from what I just found on Google.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:48 pm

im afraid of applying myself

Fri May 07, 2010 4:47 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:
I thought tornadoes only happen here in North America? Why would you fear them when you're in Denmark? :P

Hence the part about phobias typically being irrational. I don't really have that much to worry about in Denmark, but that doesn't mean i can't get scared by things. We have no dangerous spiders, very few natural disasters, our biggest landliving predator is a badger or fox, our most ONLY venomous snake (some kind of viper) is only dangerous if you're allergic or otherwise weak, and to top it off, our most dangerous animal is a TICK. Combine that with a low rate of crime and you have a very safe country to live in.
Regardless of all this, i'm still scared shitless by spiders (minus daddy longlegs), stinging/biting insects and tornadoes. Tornadoes do actually appear in Denmark, though they're typically very weak, rarely reaching above F0 in strength. Hardly worth fearing, but just seeing a hint of a funnel is more than enough for me.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Can I come live with you Shook D:
My country is filled with conservatives, and they're scaaary.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:41 pm

No, move over here with me. It's perfectly safe, I swear. Just as long as you avoid the drop bears.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

I'm seeing a lot of common fears here, none of which bother me...

I'm a little different, I have a fear of people touching me, it's fine if i initiate a hug or a handshake, but otherwise it just makes my skin crawl, then hair stands up on the back of my neck... the works, it makes going to bed with a girl somewhat ....interesting

oh and not to forget the fear of running water over my face, ie. showers or rivers or oceans, pools are fine, baths are fine, just running water gets me...

I'm kinda surprised that people mostly seem to be forthcoming in a post like this...

Mon May 24, 2010 4:40 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I have a TITANIC Fear of Syringes, or anything with a point strong enough to breach the skin. When ever I have to have a Bloodtest or something, they have to use leather straps to restrain me from constantly moving away.

Then theres the Possible Fear of Churchs/Holy Places, Possibly triggered by my EXTREME Atheism ( Im Absolutly sure there is no god or anything like that) To the point I actually start getting really hot and feel...ill.

Mon May 24, 2010 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

^^^^^

Uh...'absolutely thinking there is no god' is what defines Atheism, I thought? If you're still open to the concept of religion, that's agnosticism; all Atheists are absolutely sure there is no god. The only reason I fear churches is because sermons are so ♥♥♥♥ boring.

I'm deathly afraid of mirrors, though. But only at night, because if I stay up for around 18 - 24 hours, I start to hallucinate exclusively through mirrors. Like, I'll mistake the shower curtain for some freak thing (the creases will align themselves into some ♥♥♥♥ shape).

Also, I hate sleeping if something really negative happened to me on the day that I'm going to sleep. My nightmares aren't the supernatural, flying-clown-attack nightmares. Usually it's kinda like a psychological thriller where I do ♥♥♥♥ up ♥♥♥♥ and then I feel consequence, kill people,
random other bull♥♥♥♥. I dunno...it's just weird.

Tue May 25, 2010 1:31 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Well then you should blame the priests.

Tue May 25, 2010 12:52 pm
Loose Canon

caekdaemon wrote:
To the point I actually start getting really hot and feel...ill.

THAT'S JUST THE POWAR OF GAWD RUNNIN' THROUGH YA, SON!

Tue May 25, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

I fear that - wait what am i saying i dont fear anything

Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Narcissiophobic/misonarcissist. I have a pathological hatred of people who excessively love themselves to the point of self-righteous indignation.

I am also afraid of Autistic people, but I can't really say that I hate them.

Sat May 29, 2010 3:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, not a phobia, but an anti-phobia.

Claustrophilia - love of small spaces, not like agrophobia, but where small spaces make me feel kinda safe and secure. Kinda wierd huh?

It's like when i've been left in a car by myself sometimes i just get the urge to hide in the footwell... yea that sounds really random.

I think i must just be insane.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next