View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Any taidokas here? 

Post Re: Any taidokas here?
Geti wrote:
Well, karate strikes me as a whole lot of punching the air and press-ups, which I can happily do outside the dojo.

The punching the air stuff is for the young students who aren't allowed to hit each other

Geti wrote:
but standing in a room repeating the same punch over and over would blow my mind with boredom. You do get pretty beefy doing it though..

We don't repeat stuff that much like one a month if it's that much
and it's sometimes boring but usually we do different things every week
and I have been doing it for 8 years now and I'm as fat as can come but I a six pack but its hidden under
a few layers

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:58 pm

im an orange belt in shiado, a small branch off of some bigger school, the name of which just escaped my mind.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:11 am

BrainChild wrote:
Geti wrote:
Well, karate strikes me as a whole lot of punching the air and press-ups, which I can happily do outside the dojo.

The punching the air stuff is for the young students who aren't allowed to hit each other

Geti wrote:
but standing in a room repeating the same punch over and over would blow my mind with boredom. You do get pretty beefy doing it though..

and I have been doing it for 8 years now and I'm as fat as can come but I a six pack but its hidden under
a few layers

That reminds me, I'm not sure if any of you people watch Rugby but those guys are HUGE. The diameter of their arm is about the diameter of my desktop. Imagine if those people did martial arts lol. Literally 1 hit KO.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:43 am

LeonXross wrote:
BrainChild wrote:
Geti wrote:

Geti wrote:

a few layers

That reminds me, I'm not sure if any of you people watch Rugby but those guys are HUGE. The diameter of their arm is about the diameter of my desktop. Imagine if those people did martial arts lol. Literally 1 hit KO.

The thing about fighting is that it isent really how hard you hit, but more of where and how quickly.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:15 pm
happy carebear mom

lafe wrote:
The thing about fighting is that it isent really how hard you hit, but more of where and how quickly.

Not necessarily. If you hit real hard, if you can land it once, you may end your fight in one blow.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Indeed. Or you could hit them relatively "softly" in the neck, face or solar plexus and drop them in one or two anyway.
LeonXross wrote:
And sadly, Airport security wouldn't let me take my Bokken so I dropped Iaido since the beginning of this year.
That sucks!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
Indeed. Or you could hit them relatively "softly" in the neck, face or solar plexus and drop them in one or two anyway.
LeonXross wrote:
And sadly, Airport security wouldn't let me take my Bokken so I dropped Iaido since the beginning of this year.
That sucks!

Or eyes, knees, collarbones, certain parts of the interior of the leg, and various other places.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 am

lafe you clearly have no ♥♥♥♥ clue what you're talking about. You oversimplification and shallow understanding is not useful.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:46 am

contrary, dont be a douche, im not a liar.
do I need to take a photo of my ♥♥♥♥ bag, gi, and rattan sticks.
cause I will.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:04 am

Or what you could do is do a Flash. Or at least that how my master put it.

Its a three-hit combo if you want to phrase it that way.

1. You Strong Hit the person (fist). This is to disorientate the person
2. You use your palm to lightly push the person. This is to put them off balance.
3. You use the tips of your fingers to hit their neck. This is to hit their adam's apple.

It's supposed to work really fast and hard. It actually works really well.

Of course, this is assuming that you don't get shot before you make your move.

Oh by the by, have you guys ever listened to Tae Kwon Leap: Boot to the head?
LOList thing ever.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:24 am

I'm not calling you a liar, bro. Never said anything like that. The issue is that what you say is so vague and useless that it embarrasses everyone in the conversation and devalues the discussion. Everyone has to accommodate your stupidity and try to integrate it in to the conversation as to not embarrass you. All that does is make everyone seem like they know nothing.

A good parallel is if we're talking about soccer and I say something like "it's good to use your foot to kick the ball towards your team mates rather than always in the direction of the other net". But you were even worse.

No one cares you have training sticks and ♥♥♥♥. I've got several swords, a bokken, a training dummy, several gis, several belts for several disciplines, and enough to rattan/bamboo sticks to build a house. These possessions do not make me proficient in any sense of the word. The very fact that you do this reveals how unlearned you are; it is like a carpenter boasting about his skill through how many hammers he has.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:44 am

Contrary wrote:
I'm not calling you a liar, bro. Never said anything like that. The issue is that what you say is so vague and useless that it embarrasses everyone in the conversation and devalues the discussion. Everyone has to accommodate your stupidity and try to integrate it in to the conversation as to not embarrass you. All that does is make everyone seem like they know nothing.

A good parallel is if we're talking about soccer and I say something like "it's good to use your foot to kick the ball towards your team mates rather than always in the direction of the other net". But you were even worse.

No one cares you have training sticks and ♥♥♥♥. I've got several swords, a bokken, a training dummy, several gis, several belts for several disciplines, and enough to rattan/bamboo sticks to build a house. These possessions do not make me proficient in any sense of the word. The very fact that you do this reveals how unlearned you are; it is like a carpenter boasting about his skill through how many hammers he has.

Im not boasting my skills, im not that great, im only an orange belt.
Your analogy is incorrect, by the way, because i misinterpreted you, and thought that you were claiming that my vagueness
was proof of me not being in the school at all. what i was trying to get across could be equivalent to a carpenter, being accused of not being a carpenter at all, presenting evidence that he is a carpenter by showing that he owns a tool set.
On another note,
Ill admit i am pretty vague.
Im actually a very smart guy, and if i knew you in real life, and we were to converse, you would be sure of it.
when it comes to real conversation im fairly good at getting points across and the likes.
its just im terrible at organizing my thoughts into literature, like essays and posts, which makes me come off looking like an idiot, who uses alot of advanced terms but cant use them cohesively. On the other hand, when it comes to comprehending literature like posts, im very quick and can analyze them and understand them quickly. don't know why, but im terrabad at most forms of writing.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2