View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Assualt Drone 

Post Re: Assualt Drone
If this emits actors with a gun that shoot at enemies, I already had that idea. Sort of. But it had a kind of bad reception.
Proof.

numgun wrote:
Sixteen wrote:
Uhh, could you have an emitter that spawns actors that have guns equipped? They can't move, but that doesn't matter.

That idea sucks giant King Kong balls.
Right now crafts cant really have any proper turrets, but I believe Data MIGHT implement them in the next version(s).

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:46 am

Very fun little ship. Would be nice if it came with its own style of bombs to drop.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 am

Maybe you should make one that fires small homing rockets. Then again, it would be very difficult for the AI to judge when to fire.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 am

This looks very cool, I wonder how it works...
off to play, then check out the code.

Good work.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 am

striker121 wrote:
How long have you been around? We've had them for a few builds now. I'm pretty sure Blipflip himself or maybe Numgun created the first ones.

Yep, it was me. And yes, it does fire off little short-lived actors. I was surprised how unlaggy it was myself.

I'm definitely going to make more small craft. Got loads of awesome ideas, might make this into a pack of 5 or so.

Next up is the salvage drone. :)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:15 pm

blipflip wrote:
Next up is the salvage drone. :)

A flying drone that has a limited pulling beam underneath it to drag devices into its cargo? Would be pretty nice and doesnt require actor spawning. : 3

Also to all of you that think this might be of any use for large multiturret battleship: No. It wont work the way you might want it to.

Djinn suggested this idea long time ago when I was seeking for methods to attachs some ion cannon to the AAL titan. But since it was not a good idea really, I decided not to make it and wait for an official method that Data "might" cook for us all.

The problem in this turret it that it can damage the ship itself because its not even really a part of the craft and thus only weak MOPixel shooters are safe to use on these.

Anyways, this is really well done despite all the restrictions. 1 billion internets to you for yet another completely original and a hacky method.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 pm

I just searched blipflip's posts and discovered that he is the most innovative modder on this forum.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
And his avatar is adorable.

I want to try this thing out so freaking bad, I'll have to fetch my computer from home since I'm house-sitting this week.

You make people act, blipflip.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 pm

This is a truly brilliant and interesting mod. I'm quite sure this will add to my desire to play CC, which has been waning lately as there's been a dearth of mods for me to enjoy.

Great work.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:55 am

The denting sprites aren't very noticeable.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:20 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3