View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next
 Map Pack 3 v0.1.0 - CC1.0 - DISCONTINUED 

Post Re: Map Pack 3 v1.0
So I think you should make more maps. :U

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

More darkness levels would be good, and some levels that are just terrain.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:03 pm
Profile WWW

more levels! Are you serious!? There at least 21 maps in the Map Pack V.3, that is more than enough maps for two people to play on and not get bored.

On to the maps, where can I start... I'll start with the Space maps.
Asteroid is really cool, heck all the space maps are really cooL, the gravity, the bases and makeshift spaceships.

You gave me some great ideas for a spaceship boarding action Cortex game type...
or SBACGT.. for short. Please tell me why you placed the laser bridge and then a concrete block into several little recessed areas on some of the floating modules.
Was that to emulate engines? I'm picturing something sort of the like the "arrow" module but emitters aren't quite there yet.

The Snow maps remind me of WORMS! The contour design, the little bridges and grim cold reminder of dead clones. I LOVE IT! Anyone who loves Worms will love CC with these maps in tow.
(All we need is some gibbled worm actor)

Now, my mind fills with ideas.. or more like delusions of granduer.. probably delusions. Basically I'm going to be making some 40k BUNKER MODULES... but what if? 40k Bunker Modules that looked like sections of spaceships?
Put them together on a space map, have some of Objects THAT emit gravity and can be placed within the recesse's of some of the ship tiles, sort of like artificial gravity emitters (force) so that the people inside the ship are under normal gravity.
Call in the Shark Assault boats! (Rockets) WHAM! right into the hull... and in come the Imperial Guard with flame throwers and clearing charges!

Mwhahah! Awesome idea! Even better maps!

And best of all the maps run smoothly with no lag (unless MPAM's are having a mech war at 1024x768!).

Kudos to you, Gotcha!

Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:23 am
Profile WWW

o hey, when playing 2-player, how come the second player's funds go straight to 0 oz. The first players stays with the regular amount but the second player can't even stay at a good price. Any suggestions?

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:57 am

I love these maps, and the objects they came with. I've used the snow map to inspire a scene I'll be releasing soon.
Only complaint is that some of the city/space maps are just super huge and too open for my taste, but nonetheless you can see the work that went into them all.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:41 am

SkyGuardian wrote:
o hey, when playing 2-player, how come the second player's funds go straight to 0 oz. The first players stays with the regular amount but the second player can't even stay at a good price. Any suggestions?

Sounds to me that you need to modify your activities.ini file.
You'll need to give player 2 some money too. :)

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:35 pm

Maps are fudge sexy, but it would be nice if you would at least support 1024x768.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:02 pm

If you read the readme you'd know why I didn't. :)
Find me good seamless backgrounds to use (1024xanything) and you can consider it done.
(Seamless as in the left part of the picture fits the right part of the picture when folded together.)

@venn177: Depending on the outcome of certain future factors I will definitely make more. :) (Too cryptic?)

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:05 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
SkyGuardian wrote:

Sounds to me that you need to modify your activities.ini file.
You'll need to give player 2 some money too. :)

:D Oooo, thanx for the help.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:23 am

You should make some kind of 2 player versions with base door and whatnot assigned for 2 players. I mean, make the brain markers red and green and assign all "green base" doors to green player and all "red base" doors to red player.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Joppu wrote:
You should make some kind of 2 player versions with base door and whatnot assigned for 2 players. I mean, make the brain markers red and green and assign all "green base" doors to green player and all "red base" doors to red player.

I think thats already in it. Played 2 player, and only green doors open for greens and red doors open for reds. Am I right?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:58 am

You're partly right. :)
At the moment all doors open for the red player, since I figured most people play this game on their own.
The green player needs to place his doors at the start of a game.

Anyway, it's all in the readme. :)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:33 am

Is it possible to use the builtin map editor to replace the doors? Since I do have friend and i do play with them.

Gotcha! wrote:
since I figured most people play this game on their own.

Why do you made maps with 2 bases then :grin:

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 am

I build a base for my AI, I don't know about you guys.

And yes, you can open these maps in the Scene editor and make the doors for team two yourself.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 am

Joppu wrote:
Is it possible to use the builtin map editor to replace the doors? Since I do have friend and i do play with them.

Yup. Since build 21 you can place doors in teams, so no need to go through any .ini's. :)

Joppu wrote:
Why do you made maps with 2 bases then :grin:

Since there are also people not playing the game alone. :-P
And it's quite easy to replace the doors on your own.
However though, I'll change it in a future update. ;)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next