View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 [BUILD 22] Released!!! - Activities for skirmish HERE! 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [BUILD 22] Released!!! - Activities for skirmish HERE!
From what it looks like to me, the Ronins are basically rebels. They seem to be human, so I'd assume that they are humans that have refused to give up their physical bodies. They're sort of like the rebels in HL2 in that they're fighting with what's left around, as they all use classic weapons. And from what I'm seeing in the Zombie Cave mission they have something against the Coalition, likely that the Coalition is trying to assimilate them.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:35 am
Profile WWW

Actually they seem more like human purists, extremists, however since they lack the man power, and at the same time hate the Coalition clones. They started to resort to Coalition zombies, however the Coalition is a affiliate of TradeStar and the Ronins are not, hence the "crappy" weapons, also hence you going there to take out that base.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:05 am

Man... we need a b23 fix build...

The glitch where your clones turn the other way when you switch is really really inconvenient

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 am

Do i get my points guessing the chocolate is from conker? I guessed where it was from from a teaser screen before b22 was released.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:49 am

NeoSeeker wrote:
Do i get my points guessing the chocolate is from conker? I guessed where it was from from a teaser screen before b22 was released.

Zeno beat you to it.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am

nono, he said it way when i think it was grif released a teaser for antigrav-chocolate.
im not sure it counts though.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 am
Profile WWW

numgun wrote:
NeoSeeker wrote:

Zeno beat you to it.

Well when did he guess? As i said i guessed correctly before it was even proposed.

Either way there's no reason to be a ♥♥♥♥ about it dude.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Many things are good, the game is harder. That laser weapon is overpowered, seems to have infinit range (?), is strong and acc is maximum. Its easy to win the Zombie mission with it in just a couple of minutes and full health; I did it.

I don't like how the destroyed parts (from ships for exemple), they vaporize fast being weak , even the earth is more resistant. You could use it has cover in the enviroment, and was fun and dinamic, but now you can't.

The aim points with glow are much better.

Many weapons sounds are good and smooth to hear and unique. Many weapons are fun and varied.

I like the new actors, and the Ronin too but I think they need a bit of face rendering, the colors aren't defined enouth like the others. But their models are very good and fun but if you are doing humans, as of our culture, it is good to have different skin color folks; make 1 or 2 black persons. I'd suggest a strong black male character or a blackpower haired guy (make his hair vulnerable to bullets but you don't damage him shooting througth the hair) or a commom black famale, these would feel fun.
Strong guys like heavy machine guns and rockets and famales strong deadly pistols and Uzi.

The destroyed parts being so weak are the biggest drawback, a serious issue, it was a strong and fun gameplay element that is now removed. I can tell many fun strategies using that. It could maybe be of less strong meterial if that eats to much frame and pile up fast, but not how it is now.

An error I noticed, while using the very close range diggers, the 3 point Aim is still there, tough unnecessary, and covering the tool model/sprite.

And the game now crashes, what never happened before for me. Ill try reinstal it. It frozed on one ongoing match and when loading the game.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:01 pm

the destroyed parts being so "weak" is to prevent debris from making massive unpassable piles on the map. it also prevents a certain "strategy" where a player spams drop ships and scuttles them to form a huge pile, clogging someones (possibly their own) base, and preventing units from going in or out without a digger. the scrap metal could possibly have a higher structural integrity though, it is still metal, after all.

also, the digger dots are meant to be there, as the digger is still essentially a gun as far as the game knows.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

If you don't like the new way the game currently takes care of debris, open Base.rte/Materials.ini and use the replace tool to replace IsScrap = 1 with IsScrap = 0.
And then vice verse replacement to undo the change, should you want to, seeing as non-scrap materials just leave the variable undefined.

Personally, I think IsScrap should be replaced with a more dynamic variable that controls how much effect it has; how many pixels high the effect takes place in.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:12 am

Maybe certain things should have a variable called "customvalue" or something that come after it with an indent.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:43 am

Azukki wrote:
If you don't like the new way the game currently takes care of debris, open Base.rte/Materials.ini and use the replace tool to replace IsScrap = 1 with IsScrap = 0.
And then vice verse replacement to undo the change, should you want to, seeing as non-scrap materials just leave the variable undefined.

Personally, I think IsScrap should be replaced with a more dynamic variable that controls how much effect it has; how many pixels high the effect takes place in.

Thanks Azukki Ill be trying that. I'm very reluctant to use modifications that aren't vanila (mostly I do like maps for CC) but Ill be trying this for some matchs. There is a lot of IsScrap lines, what is replace tool?

@Geti I know there might be problems from it, just wished for different solutions. Like ships more expensive to avoid abusing, or the material being very weak to Digger Tools then, just not to bullets (not only unrealistic but, like I said, dinamic barricades were fun on the battlefield). And the Dots on that diggers, that is right, but is unnecessary and the only sprites being covered by it. I suggest to just let the least Dot right in the front of it to represent very low range capabilities if not to remove it all.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:35 am

meketreff wrote:
Thanks Azukki Ill be trying that. I'm very reluctant to use modifications that aren't vanila (mostly I do like maps for CC) but Ill be trying this for some matchs. There is a lot of IsScrap lines, what is replace tool?

Open Base.rte/Materials.ini with Notepad and either press ctrl+h or click Edit-->Replace...

Then put "IsScrap = 1" (no quotes) in the 'Find what' box
and put "IsScrap = 0" (no quotes) in the 'Replace with' box.

And to undo it, do it again, but switch what's in the boxes.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Nice. Is there any possible way to put something in between? 0.5 don't work

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:06 am

No.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next