View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 5:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 67  Next
 Crobotech Mod Beta 2 

Post Re: Crobotech Mod Beta 1
That guy in the middle (the StormTrooper I think) looks amazing.

I also want, infact need that dreadnaught in the other thread.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile WWW

i glad to hear that Crobo is back in action......

tech guy looks really good from what i can see

special feature?.....
maybe a 360 energy discharge?....
or maybe ability to spawn Crobo ship?....
emitter discharging a deadly gas and slowly kills within it's radius?....
ability to heal/repair other Crobos?....
emits something similar to your new laser rifle but in a directional explosion form?...

hmmm that's all i can think of atm...
looking forward to what is to come

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW

How would you keep your own guys from shooting at the actor emitter thing? You might get a lot of friendly fire if it's just coming off of the techy-clone itself, right?

How about a launcher that deploys caltrops? Something that can be deployed around a base and not worry about them blowing up your own guys when an enemy runs into it. Kinda like that barbed wire mod except you can tactically place it in-game.

Or how about some type of small guided missile/grenade launcher? All that's around are these huge explosive missiles. I'd personally like to see something that can shoot a lot of smaller guided explosives.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 pm

OGM (Lol typo)

Idea- The jetpack emits a HUGE amount of deathly particles on flash (ya know, at launch kinda thing) so when he takes off it normally de-leggifies anyone who's too close.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:52 pm

sal wrote:
How would you keep your own guys from shooting at the actor emitter thing? You might get a lot of friendly fire if it's just coming off of the techy-clone itself, right?

yeah, anything that involves attaching an enemy will get you shot at

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:19 pm

not if you set the character height so high that the AI can't see it, or so I believe.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
But then it wouldn't be near enough to trigger the door.

I still like the phase shield kind of thing, that doesn't stop 100% but deflects that one that could have been fatal.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Or you could set getshitbymos to 0.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm

I think maybe it could be on jetpack burst, so it's like:
Stand near door, jetpack releases chaff (or something, short lived actor), opens door.

I really like that idea, it'd have to release one of each team, so it works for both sides.

And maybe he could have a shield thing, so when he gets shot the wound is a small energy shield which lasts a few seconds, and shoots back reflector style.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:52 am

Personally I think the tech should use a force gun. It would simply fire heavy energy projectiles that knock, disarm, de-limb, or squish enemy units. It'd be effective and not terribly difficult to achieve to my knowledge.

As for the actor itself, perhaps it could be equipped with a powerful, yet unstable power plant that detonates upon the death of the unit. Could also have nano-machines coursing through it that repair it over time. Could also just be a really fast moving unit.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:01 am

I like the healing idea, but he did say he didn't want to focus on its equipment.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:14 am

Well then, scratch the weapon idea. The healing would just be like reverse bleeding, if such a thing is possible and would be something native to the actor itself. Technically I wouldn't use it. Kinda pointless to have a unit at 100 health with no limbs. It's a lot more effective to let an actor die and drop a new one in. It's really difficult to make an actor unique through means other than giving it more attachables or making it's material more resistant to damage.

Last edited by Ocular Bleeding on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:28 am

You could do it, you'd just have an extra limb which gibs instantly, leaving a healing wound.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:30 am

I'd personally like to see the fellow detonate, flinging plasma heated to fusion temperatures in every which direction.

Hm. Now here's an idea. If Crobos have teleportation technology or something similar, he could follow Numgun's example and have the tech eject a teleportation beacon upon death, which would actually be a dropship that gibs into a bright glow, spawning a Crobo. Maybe a Stormtrooper.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:43 am

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Ocular Bleeding wrote:
I'd personally like to see the fellow detonate, flinging plasma heated to fusion temperatures in every which direction.

Of course you would OB, heh.

Myself I'd just like to see an update. I guess I'm easy that way.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 67  Next