View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The Emporeans - New and improved! 

Post The Emporeans - New and improved!
Altani Logistics Market Intelligence Update
Subj: Memorandum: New Agreement to be opened with the Terran Emporean Network
Sent to: Altani Logistics Shareholders Mailing List

Greetings, faithful benefactors of the Altani Logistics Corporation!

Today is a wonderful day for commerce. Especially, our commerce, because we now have a new business partner. Altan Logistics is pleased to announce joint distribution rights for Emporean equipment across the Milky Way!

We've worked hard through a joint design and research stint to reach this agreement. But, be assured, we're more ready than ever to bring our new products to the deep-space prospecting market.

Attached please find a catalog of our new offerings.

Attachment:
CC - spacegunsH.gif [1.35 KiB]
Downloaded 1034 times

Heavy Weapons
Our roster of heavy weapons has been expanded 200% to include two entirely new product lines!
Respectively, the first pictured weapon is the Catarpillar gun. This weapon utilizes electronically fired rounds stacked end to end in a disposable barrel assembly to facilitate a firing rate of over 1,000 rounds a minute! Wow, 1,000, no, really?
Ya Rly. Next in the lineup is an Emporean Armory Co. original, the Plasma Injector! This unique weapon ionizes the air ahead of it, turning it into a deadly soup of magnetized electrons that create a wide area-effect attack, making it a potent bombardment weapon.
Last is our keystone model, the Linear Magnetic Induction cannon. This T-Rex of weapons fires massive duranium rounds with fierce speed that pack a massive punch.

Attachment:
CC - spacegunsL.gif [1.22 KiB]
Downloaded 1274 times
Light Weapons
Even more expanded is our roster of light weapons. First illustrated is the reliable Linear Magnetic Induction gun, a smaller version of the rifle model that is much more easily portable. It is accurate and excels within a number of combat ranges as a sharpshooter weapon.
Second is this weapon's little brother, the LMI Flechette gun. This weapon flings duranium slivers at high velocity with a high rate of fire, making it a potent dispersion weapon.
Further down is one of our more unorthodox weapons, the Bundle Launcher. This weapon flings not one, but four munitions in one salvo. Each is independently powered by a solid fuel rocket and is ideally suited for area bombardment. It's also take-away convenient!
Finally is our standby firecracker of a sidearm. The Plasma Arc pistol uses the power of electricity to decimate opponents at short range! Even if it has a pitiful clip size, this weapon can and will stop immediate threats.

ImageActors

Our roster of actors may have not seen any major new additions, but upgrades abound! Newly upgraded external systems have reached the field, and we've engineered some minor improvements to the mobility of the powersuit as part of our deal with the Emporeans.

Send your wholesale order requests via interstellar African Swallow (laden, please) to AL Speedy Explosions testing range and offices, suite 3, Altani 4. For retail purchasing, ask your nearest Space Order Corp. outlet to drop a crate full of items of your choice nearby! Or, order a retail catalog here:

Code:
UPDATE LIST
05/27/09
Done some respriting for the clone actors. Some weapons imrpovements, mostly minor and icnremental. One new weapon, the Mag-Wire, an anti-soft-target weapon with a unique round dispersal.
[15:35 EST]Minor refinements to follow.
[20:14 EST]Mostly done whacking about with polish.

02/10/09
Updated the powersuit. It can now take a lot more good hits to the body. next priority is the legs.

12/16/08
Activities are here! You can fight them in a player v. CPU match in Grasslands. I've added some extra starting cash because these guys are very nasty. The MMU is also in game.

12/10/08
Too many updates to count. Added 5 guns and updated everything else for B22, adding some blinkenlights along the way.

8/29/08
Improved sprites and added some sounds for the actors. Increased fire rate for the LMI Gun.

Attachments:
File comment: Current release of the Emporeans catalog.
Emporeans.zip [3.08 MiB]
Downloaded 3717 times

Last edited by AaronLee on Thu May 28, 2009 4:31 am, edited 16 times in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:12 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Transients - They came from SPAAAACE!
I was waiting for this ever since I saw the beta in the mod making, I thought you gave up on these.
I will test and post a review,

~Roon3

Oh and first post!!!

Last edited by Roon3 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 am
Profile WWW

Looks good, downloaded. Gonna test and review. Also, is this WIP or are you done with it? Just from the look of it it looks like it could be expanded.

Edit: I have to say, not quite what I was expecting. The sprites could use a little bit more detail, on the guns at least, and particularly the foam sprayer. Also, the actors kind of just looked like white blobs with legs.
The guns were alright decent, though I noticed that with Zealotian activities, the sprayer was more lethal than the pistol. All in all, a decent mod, maybe actually a little under-powered against non-vanilla invaders. I look forward to maybe seeing more. Keep it up.

Last edited by Ehrenmann on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 am

Done testing. Not much has changed since the beta.
These guys are really fun to play as, they have good sprites and an interesting jetpack that will spiral out of control if you are shot while its working. The only that bothered me was the rocket nozzle on their back (made them look like turtles). These are really fun and balanced actors that any one should try out.

~Roon3

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 am
Profile WWW

Looks good, but the suit needs to be in more pieces. Hate hitting a rock and having my entire armor set fall off.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:58 am

@Ehremann: Well it would be good to know what you expect. I agree about the gun spriting, though. I may give those an overhaul visually. I also did overnerf the LMI gun again, and the pistol's still a bit tweaky, I'll admit.

As per the sprites, though, would you like me to recolor them? So then they'd be red blobs :/ . Honestly, I've seen mods get by on worse graphics and still be likeable. I may still intensify the shading, though, if enough people find the same problem with the sprites.

I'll see about rebalancing and maybe giving the foam strayer some complexity along with the other guns... but it is just a foam sprayer, not much to those :D. Other business with weapons; I dunno how powerful you need these weapons to be :P. I oneshot coalition troops through riot shields with the pistol and a well aimed shot with the LMI will vaporize heads. still going to unnerf the LMI though.

@Roon: Lol turtles. I noticed that whenever a dropship exploded and I duck'd n' covered. I may do something about that if there's an obvious solution. I haven't really done much with the astronauts themselves, mostly tweaked the weapons and finished off sounds and sprites. Not quite sure why he spins out of control. My best suggestion is pulse the booster, because the guy's so fat and topheavy he tends to go nuts if you don't fly right :P.

@Control: Glad you like it. As per the armor, I'm not sure why the whole thing would go. The only thing is I purposefully put low impulse resistance on some parts so they could literally be knocked/shot off. That may have caused it, otherwise it could be my armors' gibs. I've noticed when a piece explodes it tends to slap the actor silly, I suppose there could be some kind of chain reaction of armor explosions going on there. Anyway, I'll see about adjusting joint strength.

EDIT: appended reply to Ehremann

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:43 am
Profile WWW

I think the guns look great. To me they appear to have some white plastic cover around them, and they match the suits 100%.

I really love these guys. Lots of detail. Nice job. :)

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:30 am

excellent, I've liked the look of these guys since I saw them in mod making, can't wait to test them.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:50 am

Wow, these look great! You've a DL from me. :grin:

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I like. Small-scale powered exoskeletons like these are very rare. Good show on not going overboard and sacrificing quality and originality for quantity of weapons.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
I think these are brilliant! I like the whole exosuit theme, and i think there is a lot of room for expansion. These soldiers would be perfect for a moon-like map with low gravity.
i really hope you will continue to expand this faction that has alot of potential. 9.5/10 DL'ed

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Everything works fantastically. The foam sprayer feels new and innovative despite the fact that there are various sprayers that have been already made, a nice feat. I feel that the legs could be resprited to be a bit thicker, however, looking at the rest of the suit.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

I like it but you should add some glow to the weapons and actor.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:54 pm
Profile WWW

When i first saw this topic i thought of homeless martians, but i was pleasantly surprised. I really like all of the sprites, except the base.rte rocket thing that's stuck to their backs when the armor falls off...

And the weapons are great too, I can't wait for more.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 am

wutangfan1990 wrote:
I like it but you should add some glow to the weapons and actor.

PLEASE NEVER EVER DO THIS! I'm sorry wutangfan1990, I'm going to have to kill you. Now go somewhere else, like the Tek troopers faction. Where glows are 'cool'.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next