View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 The Emporeans - New and improved! 

Post Re: The Transients - They came from SPAAAACE!
The topic's title made me groan, but you certainly had a very, very good presentation.

Still yet to try the units themselves; however, I can say that the sprites don't look half bad. You did a pretty good job of keeping the horror known as pillow shading at bay.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 pm
Profile ICQ

Alright, the updtae to b21 (I guess because I uninstalled and reinstaleld) killed all my mods
my backups are all mega out of date, so much so my last uploaded version here is the best I've got. So I guess I'll re-tweak, I've already lost my other WIP race I was doing, so that sucks (alot!)

Then I've got RL troubles so b'leh, not sure what's going to happen for the next week.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 am
Profile WWW

Alrighty, new updates. They're mostly sound and sprite. However, I also updated the armor on these guys so they're much more resilient (I mean seriously, one of my guys sat there getting shot in the back for a good 5 seconds before I saw and wiped out the offender. Not a bit of health damage and none the worse for wear.) This goes for the EVA clones, too.

I also fixed up the limbaths for the powered armor a bit. He now crouches to a realistic extent (no more falling right to the ground.) He also makes longer strides now, I'm not sure if he's any good at clearing terrain but I should be able to make a better limbpath for that.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
cool, what are the chances of seeing a craft for these guys?

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Holy crap you made a chicken walker!! Downloaded for sure!

There's nothing cooler than small chicken walkers. I also like how your suits are separate from the clones' head, if he looks down, you see his head moving forward inside the helmet. Simple. Brilliant.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:25 pm

10050 wrote:
cool, what are the chances of seeing a craft for these guys?

Well, I don't want to just make a transient dropship, that would sort of defy my aim of this mod (unique, gameplay enhancing content rather than just filler.) However, what I want to do, eventually, is make a large combat craft. I'll keep the details sparse for now, but I have a sketch of it that I like and will probably eventually go with. It's going to have a number of guns for maximum opression.

@ppiksmada: Glad you like the details, I tried to do something with a unique visual style coupled with realistic behaviors (on par with the rest of CC content. Rockets get gas holes, dropship engines explode, my clones' armor gets plucked off by gunfire :P)

Next round of updates will hopefully see some tweaking. I also have an idea I can do Right Now (tm) for a hero character. I make no promises as I'm starting a part time job this monday and am joining the nerdiest club I can find at my college. But, if I have time I'll see what I can do.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

I love these guys, I really do. I haven't seen anything this good looking in a while, and I'm seeing how well the new armor is. Kudos.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:10 am

Hallo everyone!

I've just realized how clueless I am with what refinement stuff I should do with these guys. Any suggestions on how to get the actors more polished? Note I said POLISHED. Bug reports would be useful, too (actors doing wierd things that don't seem believable, death rolls, inexplicably losing arms etc.)

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:53 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Emporeans - New and improved!
Bump! New, big updates! Woo!

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 pm
Profile WWW

I can't wait to get home from class and test this. I loved this mod when it was first released because of the horse legs and the look of the armour. Even though these units were weak they had nice mobility and looked cool. I want to try the new guns too.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Sweet, always been a big fan of the suits for these actors. Nice update Aaron.

And how does one order by way of African Swallow? Did they make a suit for that thing too? Or is it a nickname for a really fast ship?

That and aren't swallows those flightless birds?

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 pm

I guess I haven't been here long enough - I've never seen this mod before. And I'm sure glad I did, 'tis super cool! Really love the walkpaths on the power armor.

A few path problems in Humans.ini: needs to be Coalition.rte\Actors\Soldier instead of Base.rte\Actors\Coalition

The African Swallow thing is an old joke - look it up.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Alright, I got to play this. The visual aesthetics of the gibbing and movement and what not are still pretty awesome. I like the upgraded look of the power armour, it's very cool looking. I still feel like it should be slightly more durable than it is simply because it looks like it should be tougher, but regardless of that its still fun to use. The new weapons are great and fairly original. They look awesome, have good variety, and are decent in combat. You really nailed the look of things. I can't remember the name of it but I like that gun that you aren't supposed to use upclose that makes those 4 blue particles that seem to just eat away at anything near them. For some reason the weapons remind of Dead Space. Speaking of space, I have to ask, do the jetpacks have a low duration because the units are designed to be used in low gravity and space maps?
It seemed a little weird how pathetic the engineer suit and regular clone suit were at flying, but then I thought about how they're designed like astronauts and it started to feel like they're supposed to be that way for space.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 am

Ah, now these guys match the vanilla content in power and I'm glad for that.
The weapons feel satisfying and have really awesome effects (<3 LMI Cannon).
The actors are tough enough and weak enough aswell. I really like their designs and cool appeal.

There are some bugs here and there although. One that comes in mind is that the clone has a Rocket Mk1 main thruster nozzle sprite for his jetpack.
I discovered that when his armor fell off. It looked bad.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Could you post a version with activities? I would love to fight them, but my activities don't seem to work for anything other than vanilla Coalition and Ronin.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next